Help with Visual Communication, Memorial Assignment

I'm currently taking a Visual Communication course as an elective and working on a Memorial Assignment. Kinda stumped at what I should do. So want to see what other people would for it. Please Help =(

"Overview: In U.S. society it seems that public memorials are everywhere: tributes to fallen soldiers, peace officers, and victims of tragedy. What would you memorialize?

Provide a list of three original subjects, events, individuals or groups that you believe are worthy of a public memorial. (Please note: Memorials are tributes to deceased individuals and past events. As you develop memorial concepts, you should also exclude the types of memorials listed in the overview above).

Using the same memorial idea chosen above provide a list of the values that you would like to honor and/or instill in others experiencing the memorial, the feelings that you would like attendees of the memorial to have as they experience it and finally, the message you would like them to express to others after experiencing the memorial."

Values:

Feelings:

Do you have to exclude subjects for which memorials already exist? Cause almost everything is memorialized already.

Memorials usually fall into three categories, for me: Heroes, victims of a tragedy, and innovators. A fourth category which is somewhat distinct from heroes are "celebrities", but I guess the celebrities who get memorialized tend to be huge innovators, like Strawberry Fields in Central Park for the Beatles. Pick a person or group of people who fit into one of those categories and you're all set. ExampleS: Fallen firefighters (heroes), 9/11 memorial (victims), Ben Franklin (innovator).

What I posted is as outline on the assignment, which is the reason why I'm stumped. Like what else can I possibly do that hasn't been done?