Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Thats why my buddy and I (tank and healer) took over an hour to find 2 dps for boarding party during peak hours last night on The Fatman (the most populated pvp server in america).

    5 minutes my brown asshole.
    2 hours is a bit of an exaggeration in my experience on Rep fatman. Especially for something like dps. The longest It's taken me to try and pug a group has been like 30 minutes. I suspect the average isn't exactly 5 minutes but neither is it 2 hours.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Thats why my buddy and I (tank and healer) took over an hour to find 2 dps for boarding party during peak hours last night on The Fatman (the most populated pvp server in america).

    5 minutes my brown asshole.
    First off: I'm calling BS on this. I have a friend on that server and he says getting groups for anything is so easy.

    Second: You're obviously doing something wrong if no one wants to group with you. I know I avoid the bads on my server, so maybe they're just avoiding you?

  3. #83
    High Overlord holypalaswe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    100
    lmao always fun seeing how these wowkillers do.

    Please do not pop into threads simply to inject a bit of negativity, it contributes nothing to the topic at hand. - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-03-15 at 10:33 PM.

  4. #84
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,804
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    2 hours is a bit of an exaggeration in my experience on Rep fatman. Especially for something like dps. The longest It's taken me to try and pug a group has been like 30 minutes. I suspect the average isn't exactly 5 minutes but neither is it 2 hours.
    Though, again, this is a "your mileage may vary" situation. You could only have ten other people on but if they are friendly and helpful then you'll get a group in no time flat. Quite a few times I hopped on one of my various alts to help a group needing a toon of that type and level. Other times I was helping another group run instances and saw the same one or two LFG'ing the channel for an hour or more.

    Well, they were at least still looking when I would stop in between runs. Certain minimum number thresholds help a lot of course, but there will be times when you are just, for lack of a better term, screwed.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by holypalaswe View Post
    lmao always fun seeing how these wowkillers do.
    Its funny, because TOR only got the 'wowkiller' title from the WoW playerbase. Ironic isn't it? The TOR community never once called it the WoW killer. We actually said competition is good because it forces both developers to push out better content.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Its funny, because TOR only got the 'wowkiller' title from the WoW playerbase. Ironic isn't it? The TOR community never once called it the WoW killer. We actually said competition is good because it forces both developers to push out better content.
    Sweeping generalizations are fun. TOR was called a wowkiller numerous times on its official boards.



    As far as numbers go, when I quit, I was playing on the most populated RP-PVP server in NA (adjunta), those are usually fuller than others. We had about 200-250 at peak times on empire fleet.

  7. #87
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Sweeping generalizations are fun. TOR was called a wowkiller numerous times on its official boards.
    Yeah TOR was being called, or at least referenced potentially as, a WoW-Killer by a lot more than just the WoW players. I heard it mentioned over and over again. Then again so where AoC and WAR. Didn't work out that way for them either but... meh?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    First off: I'm calling BS on this. I have a friend on that server and he says getting groups for anything is so easy.

    Second: You're obviously doing something wrong if no one wants to group with you. I know I avoid the bads on my server, so maybe they're just avoiding you?

    I love the "I have a friend" shit. Makes your story legit.

    My runs go flawlessly, I have added over 15 ppl to friends list just from doing FP alone. My healer is amazing, 0 wipes and we have never had anyone even die. Never ninjad loot, nor had any loot ninjad. When we do get groups they are amazingly smooth, quick and with some laughs thrown in.

    You're opinions are way off, but you know what happens when you ASSume right?



    Also, I never said it took 2hours, I said it took over 1 hour to find 2 dps. 1 of those dps were from my friends list that finally logged on and was still around the same level as I was, and one was a random... that got added to friends after another smooth run.



    Anything else you have to contribute?

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    I love the "I have a friend" shit. Makes your story legit.

    My runs go flawlessly, I have added over 15 ppl to friends list just from doing FP alone. My healer is amazing, 0 wipes and we have never had anyone even die. Never ninjad loot, nor had any loot ninjad. When we do get groups they are amazingly smooth, quick and with some laughs thrown in.

    You're opinions are way off, but you know what happens when you ASSume right?





    Also, I never said it took 2hours, I said it took over 1 hour to find 2 dps. 1 of those dps were from my friends list that finally logged on and was still around the same level as I was, and one was a random... that got added to friends after another smooth run.



    Anything else you have to contribute?
    Yeah, it makes sense now. You're standing on fleet when not max level looking for a group to do a flashpoint when most people are actually out questing. At 50 you will not have any issues getting together groups for flashpoints.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Yeah, it makes sense now. You're standing on fleet when not max level looking for a group to do a flashpoint when most people are actually out questing. At 50 you will not have any issues getting together groups for flashpoints.
    Well fuck me for wanting to do some flashpoints before max level.

    I sure won make dat misake again massah no way!

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Well fuck me for wanting to do some flashpoints before max level.

    I sure won make dat misake again massah no way!
    wat you didnt know that everyone gets a level 50 when they first login?

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    Well fuck me for wanting to do some flashpoints before max level.

    I sure won make dat misake again massah no way!
    Your sarcasm and ignorance blend together pretty well. Not only do you roll republic which is the least dominating faction on any server, but you also are not even max level complaining about not finding flashpoint groups instantly.

    I am not saying that you shouldn't do flashpoints are be republic, I am merely saying that your argument isn't justifiable because you are the minority.

  13. #93
    Pandaren Monk ZeroWashu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Yeah, it makes sense now. You're standing on fleet when not max level looking for a group to do a flashpoint when most people are actually out questing. At 50 you will not have any issues getting together groups for flashpoints.
    Were that true. Even getting DPS to join is a pain. Some servers just don't have the numbers.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Were that true. Even getting DPS to join is a pain. Some servers just don't have the numbers.
    I really don't understand because my server is currently at 'Light' and I am seeing multiple groups being put together. It is only Light though since most people haven't got off work yet. However, I haven't had an issue getting together a group for anything yet.

  15. #95
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I really don't understand because my server is currently at 'Light' and I am seeing multiple groups being put together. It is only Light though since most people haven't got off work yet. However, I haven't had an issue getting together a group for anything yet.
    Again, "mileage may vary." I saw players going without, at times, even on Fatman and players getting almost instantly invited on Corsair. There are too many variables involved, though population is one of them. I recall population declining on all four of the servers I was on after late December, though Fatman didn't decline nearly as much as Corsair, Rakata Mind Prison, and Juyo. Not to mention that we still don't have any numbers from BioWare showing what the spread for each category is.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Your sarcasm and ignorance blend together pretty well. Not only do you roll republic which is the least dominating faction on any server, but you also are not even max level complaining about not finding flashpoint groups instantly.

    I am not saying that you shouldn't do flashpoints are be republic, I am merely saying that your argument isn't justifiable because you are the minority.
    I said in my post I was talking about Fatman empire. Imperial side.

    Thanks for contributing.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Yeah TOR was being called, or at least referenced potentially as, a WoW-Killer by a lot more than just the WoW players. I heard it mentioned over and over again. Then again so where AoC and WAR. Didn't work out that way for them either but... meh?
    Never ONCE by the developers. I'm not sure how you can hold them accountable for peoples inflated expectations. I'm sure the people like that original guy quoted will try and find a way.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    I said in my post I was talking about Fatman empire. Imperial side.

    Thanks for contributing.
    Your signature is republic. Nice try kid.

    Please try to remain respectful of people even if you are disagreeing with them.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-03-16 at 01:55 PM.

  19. #99
    I am Murloc! SirRobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Counciltucky
    Posts
    5,804
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Never ONCE by the developers. I'm not sure how you can hold them accountable for peoples inflated expectations. I'm sure the people like that original guy quoted will try and find a way.
    I know its easy to blame people for being, you know, people. Remember when Garriot blamed Beta Testers for TR or when Gordon decided RPG players just don't do 3D well after JTL? However, that is simply being ignorant of reality. People are going to have expectations whether you think they should or not. The developer either does a good job of managing those expectations or they don't. Either the product meets people's expectations or it doesn't. Some people will also have higher expectations than others.

    I think we could agree that I "expect" more for my money than you. Is that an unreasonable expectation? Hardly.

    Expecting people to not have expectations is like expecting them to not breathe. Your opinion might be that they were inflated but they probably wouldn't agree with you. Lets try this example for you. You pay sixty dollars for a "massively multiplayer online" game that you are going to have to keep paying to keep playing. Looking at the box, one of the bullet points is:
    Pilot your Personal Starship
    • Earn your own ship which is your base of operations as you explore the galaxy and participate in epic space combat.
    Do you think they are automatically going to think, "of course they must mean predesignated destinations that I'm already told to go to" and "well they MUST mean Star Fox, but ONLY single-player." Would it be the buyer's fault for not doing their own fact checking first? Perhaps. Would it also be their fault for expecting more? Hardly.

    You know it still makes me snicker whenever I read, "and large-scale multi-player battles."
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-03-16 at 04:30 AM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Like I said, I am on one of the least populated servers (Terentatek) and finding groups is never an issue. On empire side (the biggest population), you can get a queue for a warzone in under 30sec. That means on republic side they are getting near instant. All this QQ is pointless.
    Is "never" an issue? Something tells me you only play prime time.

    I've been sitting in the warzone queue for over an hour already on Niman (empire side, not even one of the least populated places). You really can't do *anything* outside prime time hours and weekends.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •