Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    after playing on Darth Malak for over two months i can honestly say i don't have a problem most of the time lvling, fping, or pvping in groups. Empire side is doing just fine, and while in the first few weeks after launch reps seemed scarce, after qing for wz for about 2 hrs today i got not-huttball about 3 times and huttball twice. from my expedience, my standard sever is standard.

there is definately a population server
    too many servers
    too many ppl quit

i could never find group after the first 2 weeks

I've just spent a few hours in nonstop warzone queue to see just how dead this game is outside prime time. Still queueing (not much point though with 7 level 50 people online last time I checked).

Not too long ago you could play any time but now the game is just completely dead outside prime time. Even then it's only hanging on, the same few people queuing for warzones. You can get warzones for a while when the dailies reset, then it dies down and picks up a bit later for the evening and then it's completely, utterly dead again.

I've never seen an MMO die so fast and so utterly.

Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post

I've never seen an MMO die so fast and so utterly.
    The correct statement is "I've never seen a server that I play on die so fast and utterly" because your presumption that the game is dead is unfounded unfortunately. Your server might be dead however.

http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/Subs-1.png

The game isn't going to survive if they keep up the amateur hour,While fixing things and releasing updates so slowly. Downtimes during prime time many of the great features that people want aren't even coming out till 1.3.
    Last edited by Slothanator; 2012-03-16 at 08:35 AM.

Well i have just cancelled my subscription until they bring in free character migration because there are only ever at the best of times 80 people on fleet and most planets are 5-15 people on at peak times which is pathetic really.

I am a lover of the game and tbh am very dissapointed i have had to do this but i dont see the point of paying money every month to play on a server where its impossible to recruit new people for your guild and more and more people are stopping logging in every night. At one point we had 30 people online most nights but the last 2 weeks we have been lucky to have 10.

They need to sort this out and soon or people will never return, and although im sure lots will return to check out 1.2 if thats not perfect they will all just leave again so vicious circle really tbh

Deleted
    Same. I too have cancelled my account, I did have it on a three monthly rolling program.

Once 1.2 comes out I will most likely resub, however this is now merely a stop gap until GW2 comes out.

The server that I am on, Bao Dur, is classed as a "standard" server and most evenings you will have around 30-40 people in the Imperial Fleet. About 6-8 of those are normally from my own guild and the others are names are the same people pretty much every day.

Fact is, unless you are raiding the game doesn't have anything left for you to do. I've got 3 million credits in my account. Crafting and doing raids still leaves me with the same amount, so I never need to do dailies any more - and I already have the items I need from them too. Hard Modes I also no longer need to do for there is no point in it when I've already got Columi or better, so the commendations are now useless pretty much.

That is why people are leaving in droves. The game gives you nothing special to do outside of raids. Only the hardcore will stay come a couple/few months time and those will all be on the highest populated servers, as the others will soon be quiet empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    Nice to see a fellow Saber of Exar kun player! However our server actually seems to be fine population wise. we usually range between 100-150 in fleet during prime evening hours and there always is a decent spread of individuals between the lvling zones. Granted this is from a imperial perspective. I just started a republic alt so I dont really have a pulse on the populations republic side but our guild has a Republic faction as well and they seem to do fine activity wise. All in all though I know there are some genuinely low pop servers out there I think it is a bit over blown as most things brought to the forums. Only time will tell if they will fill out again or if people will just continue to gravitate toward the already populated servers.
    Awesome! Maybe we can group some time! Lord knows I have probs getting groups despite the multitude of Imp players!

I can only give you skewed data since my hours of playtime during the week are AEST and usually there are only 20-30 on during my prime play time. That said, on weekends when I get to play with people during regular EST times, it's still a pretty ridiculous Empire:Republic ratio. Usually around 120 or so on Imperial fleet and then I'll log to Republic just to check and its barely 50 while the highest I've seen on Republic is ~70. My theory is that peoples' mains were Empire and now they're all leveling Republic alts haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    The correct statement is "I've never seen a server that I play on die so fast and utterly" because your presumption that the game is dead is unfounded unfortunately. Your server might be dead however.
    Pretty much. Its an MMORPG dividing its community among dozens of servers with unknown population caps. People are going to quit for various reasons at various times or move to other servers. That's normal for most mmorpgs, especially early on. If you like the game enough, but are bothered by your server feeling empty, then reroll on a more heavily populated server. Its a pretty short trip to fifty in this game so while it may be an inconvenience in the short run. In the long run you'll probably be a lot happier playing on a "heavier" server instead of a "lighter" one.

---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slothanator View Post

The game isn't going to survive if they keep up the amateur hour,While fixing things and releasing updates so slowly. Downtimes during prime time many of the great features that people want aren't even coming out till 1.3.
    As far as I know, the only "official" number is 1.7 million. Anything else is basically a guess.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-03-16 at 01:46 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Pretty much. Its an MMORPG dividing its community among dozens of servers with unknown population caps. People are going to quit for various reasons at various times or move to other servers. That's normal for most mmorpgs, especially early on. If you like the game enough, but are bothered by your server feeling empty, then reroll on a more heavily populated server. Its a pretty short trip to fifty in this game so while it may be an inconvenience in the short run. In the long run you'll probably be a lot happier playing on a "heavier" server instead of a "lighter" one.
    Reroll, do Battlemaster grind again, do gear grind again, and then possibly do all that for the third time when the next server I roll on dies... when there's other games that don't expect me to do repeat the stuff that I already did to get back to playing?

Nah, cba. Waiting to see if the server starts coming back alive in 1.2, if not, bye SWToR. Too bad a lot of people doing the same thing means it's not going to come back up but really, if I'm paying for entertainment, I'm not going to run around doing work for the good of the game or that sort of shit.

Last night on my 37 sith assassin on fatman empire side looked for 45 mins for 1 dps for the foundry. Got about 10 tells from ppl under level 32, or ppl who havent done boarding party yet. Finally said screw it and used Khem.

There was ~270 ppl on fleet, and ~20 ppl on fleet(2) when we were looking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reroll, do Battlemaster grind again, do gear grind again, and then possibly do all that for the third time when the next server I roll on dies... when there's other games that don't expect me to do repeat the stuff that I already did to get back to playing?

Nah, cba. Waiting to see if the server starts coming back alive in 1.2, if not, bye SWToR. Too bad a lot of people doing the same thing means it's not going to come back up but really, if I'm paying for entertainment, I'm not going to run around doing work for the good of the game or that sort of shit.
    Oh I understand that it can be a pain. Plus that it is no guarantee that you won't feel the need to reroll again in the future. However, it took me months to cap out in WoW and WAR, but only weeks in TOR. So, by comparison at least, it is a much shorter trip involved here.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothanator View Post

Ignorance is bliss.

You do realize that the chart you have posted shows TOR having the BEST start of any MMO, right? Also it was even said numerous different times that TOR has the largest starting player base to date. 2mill copies sold and 1.7mill active subscribers within the first 2 months is the BIGGEST an MMO has ever been on release...

Get your facts straight please. This MMO is actually gaining subs because the prediction for summer is to have over 2mill subscribers. They wouldn't be predicting that if they were LOSING anything.

Rolled about 5 toons on Elysium-US. 1 lvl50 Sentinel, 2 mid-20s toons. There's only ever 40-55 people in fleet. Most planets beyond the starting zones and Coruscant usually have less than 10 people on them at a time. It's considered Standard. =/

I recently rolled a Commando on Jedi Covenant-US. Always seems to be 150+ people in fleet. I was on yesterday with about 65 people on Coruscant. Always a group for something it seems, and always people in fleet lfg for something... Just for kicks, I did /who on a few planets... 20+ on Corellia, 36 on Balmorra, 30+ on Alderaan, 28 on Belsavis, and 39 on Voss for crying out loud! Can't state how awesome that feels after coming from Elysium where most planets were in single digits most of the time. Just sucks I have to leave my Sentinel behind to actually have fun.

Nevertheless, I'll just level my Commando and transfer my Sentinel over when transfers become available. Nothing makes this game more fun to me than actually being able to play with people!
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Is "never" an issue? Something tells me you only play prime time.

I've been sitting in the warzone queue for over an hour already on Niman (empire side, not even one of the least populated places). You really can't do *anything* outside prime time hours and weekends.
    I know, at least on Niman Republic, a lot of people (by no means all or most or anything, but a decent amount) stopped PvPing because of cheaters. There's a guild that was doing premades and very often getting two groups of them in, getting more than 8 people in, and other unsavoury things.

PvP isn't really fun when you go into a Warzone with 4 more players than your team, and having 8 of them be cheaters and organised.

I stopped when I was rank 54, they changed ilum and suddenly every sith and their mum was Battlemaster. I gave up then. I started doing a bit here and there again, but it's not uncommon to come across a full team of Rank 60-80 players, while our team has maybe one or two, and very often a newly dinged 50 or two. It takes quite a bit to overcome that disadvantage, and a lot of others simply stopped PvPing because of it.

Look at the Immortals, the guild used to have 3x as many people online, and they're pretty much pure PvP, most of them just aren't playing any more.

I really don't know how Ranked Warzones are going to work in 1.2 when throughout most of the day you're lucky if there is even one Warzone running (at least that has Republic players). Or does the Cross-Realm come in 1.2? I was under the impression it was coming later.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.

You do realize that the chart you have posted shows TOR having the BEST start of any MMO, right? Also it was even said numerous different times that TOR has the largest starting player base to date. 2mill copies sold and 1.7mill active subscribers within the first 2 months is the BIGGEST an MMO has ever been on release...

Get your facts straight please. This MMO is actually gaining subs because the prediction for summer is to have over 2mill subscribers. They wouldn't be predicting that if they were LOSING anything.
    There is a pretty big difference between 2mil paying subs (that is, 2m people who are currently being charged for the current time period) and 2m people playing the game. I currently live on a couple servers with toons in the 20s and 30s and on EVERY server, I can't find a group to save my life outside of a few friends that I'm guilded with. It really is frustrating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.

He would have done better to have read the post by the source of the chart on SWTOR, where he states there's been a decline but he believes it's now stabilised(at about 1.4 million active subs which isn't exactly shabby). On the actual topic matter though, I think a lot of people(myself included) are waiting for 1.2 to become active again.

The server pop. is a strong issue and their loosing subs because of it.
    I play on Niman republic side with the particularity that i usually log near midnight. At that time with 7-8 level 50s in the server you can't basically do nothing. With luck ill get a full group n a Warzone.

Im on the group of persons that don't wanna reroll and i understand those ho cba to level again. It doesn't please me! I leveled, enjoyed the experience and now that i want to evolve my char trough lvl50 i have to start over again??
    5 or 6 years ago when the MMO market was new most of the persons would tolerate that. Nowadays the MMO market is bigger and it has more offers, so the player will move to the offers that appeal him.

Ill check the game after hearing about migrations since thats the game-breaker for me, but you can't ask "efforts" to an MMO player anymore since it's turning into a consumer market, witch is a natural evolution. Gaming companies have to moves accordingly if they want to keep their player base.

BM grind is a joke now. You get valor like it's going out of style.

Only way I'd ever, EVER resub is if cross realm stuff was implemented because the server my three 50's are on is a ghost town on republic and Las Vegas on Imperial.