Rammus/Sion bot lane for 3v3 question

Hey all, so first a bit of background. A friend and I have been playing 3v3 together pretty exclusively and are getting close to level 30, so we aren't exactly the best players in the game, but at least have a decent understanding of how things work for the most part. Last night we were running sion and rammus duo bot with 50% of the games pugging a 3rd person and 50% played with another friend of mine as Kat or Ryze. We played close to 10 games and only lost one game and out of the ones that we won, the enemy team usually surrendered. We really liked the combination of the taunt + stun, plus us both having nice defensive abilities made it really hard for our opponents to secure a kill late game.

Now with that said, I know that it is generally accepted that Rammus is limited when laning and that he shines as a jungler. Obviously my friend plans to use Rammus for one of his junglers when we start practicing, but we haven't quite gotten around to jumping into the jungle just yet (and of course its played much differently than 5v5). Keep in mind this is strictly talking 3v3, but I am curious if there is another champ that could pair up well with sion as well and provide a similar benefit while perhaps doing a bit more damage and that is considered best in lane. Or is laning with Rammus in 3v3 really not necessarily a bad thing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much anything with a stun will do. Riven comes to mind as something more offensive. Taric as something more defensive.

Poppy will do as well, stun into wall-smash hurts.

Deleted
    amumu+blitzcrank are quite insane there. mainly because they care less for 35resilience everyone will get against your mentioned combo.
    also, blitzcrank+alistar paired with your katarina is very deadly

the best laner i ever came up with is anivia and trundle. You can wall with trundle, as they are turning it walll with anivia and stun. in 3v3 the whole lane is basically blocked off