do we deserve our freedom?

i was on reddit today and i came across this: http://www.businessinsider.com/maybe...e-state-2012-3. and it got me asking...
    if we fail to rally vs actions by our government that rape and shit on the constitution do we deserve the benefits of the constitution in the 1st place? im interested in your opinions on this important matter

10+ Year Old Account
    So....a person who's spreading conspiracy theories, and then whines in an article about how people only donate 750 dollars to him because no one wants to listen to him talk.. essentially enlightened you that we're in a pseudopolice state, and that therefore you should cast aside all pretense of freedoms and no longer be protected by the constitution? Even if everything he says is completely true, which is completely untrue if you would actually read the legislation for yourself instead of listening to a fanatic... why would you want to protect yourself less?

The entire point of his article is, no one likes me, so it must be because everyone is mindless sheep listening to the authority of the government and playing their video games.

My experience is that most people that comment on what the U.S. Constitution says haven't read it. Which is surprising because it's not long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakain View Post
    My experience is that most people that comment on what the U.S. Constitution says haven't read it. Which is surprising because it's not long.
    You can get it for free on any ipod or iphone... its not like its even hard to obtain