Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Is it wrong I want to be scary smart?

Is it wrong I want to be so smart that I intimidate and borderline frighten people?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Is it wrong I want to be so smart that I intimidate and borderline frighten people?
    Why would someone be afraid of you because you're smart? I don't see it as intimidating. People who aren't as smart as you would become bored with you just as fast as you would with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Why would someone be afraid of you because you're smart? I don't see it as intimidating. People who aren't as smart as you would become bored with you just as fast as you would with them.
    I want to be able to tear peoples perception of reality apart so badly they quiver in hopelessness. I want to be able to twist and break peoples minds.

Is it wrong to want that?

I don't think I would be intimidated by someone if they were only smarter than me. Now, if they acted on their intelligence in a way that may affect me (building new weapons and what not), then there might be cause for concern.

I want to be able to tear peoples perception of reality apart so badly they quiver in hopelessness. I want to be able to twist and break peoples minds.

You don't have to be smart to twist and break minds. Also, it depends on how you want to define what's right and wrong.
    Last edited by Garnier Fructis; 2012-03-15 at 02:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    I don't think I would be intimidated by someone if they were only smarter than me. Now, if they acted on their intelligence in a way that may affect me (building new weapons and what not), then there might be cause for concern.

You don't have to be smart to twist and break minds. Also, it depends on how you want to define what's right and wrong.

Personally I like to listen to peoples philosophies on life, morals and other things in college. I then like to try an break their philosophy and explain to them why it is wrong. If they listen long enough I like to try an replace their philosophy with another that's much harder to accept emotionally or logically. It's quite fun to watch people try an reorganize long held beliefs all in a instant. You get a slight glimpse into how the mind works when that happens.

It's what I do at school sometimes when I am bored.
    Last edited by sandmoth12; 2012-03-15 at 02:47 AM.

sounds like you need to try some herb

Personally I like to listen to peoples philosophies on life, morals and other things in college. I then like to try an break their philosophy and explain to them why it;s wrong. If they listen long enough I like to try an replace their philosophy with another that's much harder to accept emotionally or logically.

So you're a psychopath.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Shyguyy View Post
    sounds like you need to try some herb
    Why? It's beneath me.

---------- Post added 2012-03-14 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggan View Post
    So you're a psychopath.
    At least I practice it in a safe un-harming manner. We'll at least physically un-harming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just be yourself. Everyone is a genius in one way or another. I wouldn't be intimidated by extremely intelligent people, unless they made it obvious that they think they're better than you...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not wrong to want it, especially since it's extremely unlikely that you are ever going to obtain it. And that's not a dig at you, that's just a natural fact for most people, myself included.

Also, what is with you creating threads with the angle that you're so awesome/smart/different?

To be honest, you just sound like a dick... Nobody will like you if you are constantly trying to break down their life views. Not to mention the fact that you're likely not nearly as successful at doing so as you think you are. If you keep acting like that you'll eventually just become an anti-social outcast because nobody likes being around somebody who will try and act like that all the time.

15+ Year Old Account

You have an issue with ego, not intelligence.

10+ Year Old Account

That has nothing to do with intelligence.

*It isn't an intellectual desire. It is an emotional desire.

At least I practice it in a safe un-harming manner. We'll at least physically un-harming.
    The more you feed that ego the more destructive you become, and I don't mean just towards others.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    Some Guys seem to not recognise a Troll when they are hit with the Trolls Bat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I like to listen to peoples philosophies on life, morals and other things in college. I then like to try an break their philosophy and explain to them why it is wrong. If they listen long enough I like to try an replace their philosophy with another that's much harder to accept emotionally or logically. It's quite fun to watch people try an reorganize long held beliefs all in a instant. You get a slight glimpse into how the mind works when that happens.

The people around you seem pretty week-minded if their beliefs are that easily changed!

If *insert random guy* can change your outlooks completely on life in an instant, that person was incredibly simple minded to begin with.

edit: didnt see the guy above me post pretty much the same thing before i did =p

You have a mighty ego there.

Staying on topic here, what you wish to do doesn't take that much knowledge. Manipulation is practiced by the worst that humanity has to offer, hell I wouldn't be surprised to find out that trump uses it daily.

What truly takes knowledge would be cutting edge science like quantum mechanics, a field that has presented itself almost impossible to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggan View Post
    So you're a psychopath.

This

Ten char