Thread: Quse UI

Quse UI

DOWNLOAD HERE

This is a reboot of the old QuseUI with a complete (nearly) graphical overhaul.
    This UI is meant to be as minimal, low memory and CPU usage as possible while maintaining a full compliment of features.

Supports all resolutions, aspect ratios and almost all languages/client localizations - let me know if your resolution doesn't work.
    (For font replacement instructions, see below)

Having some knowledge of .lua - or the willingness to mess around with it - is recommended, most addons are configured in .lua.

Idle:

Healer/DPS Layouts (Left and Right, respectively):

HOW TO
    * See Change Log for a full list of changes (please read it!) *

Installation is a breeze; no WTF folders to rename, no hoops to jump through, no bears to wrastle.

- Back-up your Interface and Fonts folder (if you have a Fonts folder. If you don't have one, don't worry).
    - Copy the contents of the QuseUI zip file into your World of Warcraft folder and launch your game client.
    - Ensure out of date addons are enabled.
    - Once in game, type "/install" and accept.
    - Bananas!

FOR FONT REPLACEMENT:
    To change the pixel font, rename the "rondaseven.ttf" font file in SharedMedia to your desired font.
    *Please note: if you are changing the font to a non-pixel font or pixel font without a native size of 8pt you will need to edit each addon that calls upon that font (size and font flag - change MONOCHROMEOUTLINE to THINOUTLINE and the size to whatever you'd like).
    ** For users that require Cyrillic font capability, rename the "iFlash705.ttf" font in SharedMedia to "rondaseven.ttf."

FOR BOSS MOD STYLING:
    - Download the file located HERE
    Follow the instructions on the download page.

Recommended:
    - oUF_MovableFrames, by Haste. If lua editing isn't for you and default frame locations aren't your cup of tea, oUF_MovableFrames will allow you to drag and drop locations.
    - Clean Icons - Thin, by Suicidalkatt
    Vital if you'd like to keep the sleek square outline look for non-skinned icons. Not included in this download due to its size; some people may or may not care to include it.

------------

ADDON LIST
    * Indicates .lua configuration

DO NOT update addons in this interface, many have been modified by myself in one way or another.
    (The ONLY addon you can update freely is Aurora)

Updating addons will break the layout/look/intended functionality of the addon in the interface!
    Code:

!ClassColors
    *alDamageMeter - Thanks to Zork for truncating help!
    *alRaidCD - Monitors Raid Cooldowns, edit the lua to change/add your own.
    Ampere
    Aurora
    Aurora: Missing Textures
    *bChat
    *BetterExtraActionButton
    *BubbleBobble
    Butsu
    *cargBags
    *cargBags_Simplicity
    Cascade
    *dNameplates
    *FreebTip
    Friend Color - colors friend list/realID entries
    Grid2 - /grid2
    guRunes - /gurunes
    *Haleth-Zork ActionBars - mish-mashed versions of Zork's rActionBarStyler and rActionButtonStyler and Haleth's edit from FreeUI in one.
    ItemToolTipCleaner
    *laFont
    LootRollMover - /lrm
    *lumStats/lumDrops - Bottom stat bar/panel
    *m_Map
    MyBuffz - /mbz
    *nBuff
    *nibWatchFrameAdv
    OmniCC - /omnicc
    *oUF
    *oUF_boring_totembar
    *oUF_NIN
    *oUF_SpellRange
    Quse Boss Styles - visual stylings for DBM and BigWigs
    *sFilter Spells - open Settings.lua for further customization (100% recommend that you do this!)
    SharedMedia
    *SnifflesInstaller
    *stExperienceBar
    sThreatMeter2
    Tipachu - adds an icon inside the tooltip
    tullaRange
    *Wanderlust
    *wIn1 - Interface tweaks, open the lua file for true/false options, and more information.
    xanAutoMail
    xanErrorDevourer - /xed

------------

PLEASE feel free to post comments/send PM's regarding missing vital features, issues, opinions, etc...
    I check WoWI religiously and will respond as quickly as I can.

------------

FEATURES

Built-in Grid2 indicators!

Note:
    Indicators for Prayer of Mending, Lifebloom and Earth Shield change color depending on remaining duration/stack count.

------

Certain resources and timers are tracked with sFilter, generally, it should be everything tracked with the default spell alerts (Blizzard default) with a few extras.
    PLEASE take the time to open the settings.lua in a text editor, look through the included options and adjust them to your liking. The settings included are modified by myself, if you play a rogue, warlock or mage (and various specs I don't play on my alts) these settings might not fit.

------

- Custom status, leader and raid icons from oUF_Hank.

------

All credit goes to the addon authors - thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou.
    Special thanks go out to Haleth, Monolit, hankthetank, Nin, MichaelSpain, P3lim, Zork and anyone else who's assisted me along the way to accomplishing my ideas - some pretty key elements of this interface are a direct result of their help and work.

----------

Please leave all questions on the WoWInterface comments page.
    Last edited by Quse; 2012-04-08 at 04:43 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    quite a nice ui.. good job

Used your UI back before you quit in ToGC. Still have the secret recipe to awesomesauce I see.

Loving the UI so far just had a few quick questions.

1) What is governing the action bars? Mainly I just want to change that third bar at the bottom (the one thats fades out) to stay permanently visible.

2) I followed the instructions as given but for my Warlock it set the layout to the healer layout and I wondered how do I change this to the dps one?

Thank you for developing this wonderful UI

Noticed something..
    When I use resistance aura it says "Crusader Aura Active", but it goes away with ANY other aura.

Sup with that and how can I fix it?
    (I'm holy)
    I'm a kittycat

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    1) What is governing the action bars? Mainly I just want to change that third bar at the bottom (the one thats fades out) to stay permanently visible.
    m_ActionBars

Search for this line in cfg.lua
    Code:
    cfg.config_bottomrightbar = {		-- BAR 3
    and change show on mouseover to false.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    1]2) I followed the instructions as given but for my Warlock it set the layout to the healer layout and I wondered how do I change this to the dps one?
    Type
    Code:
    /grid2
    and change the profile to QuseUI - DPS.

Deleted
    Just after I switched to RealUI again :<

Thanks for the kind words, folks!

I forgot the slash command for the GM window, so I tossed it into an update just now.

Would sincerely appreciate if any problems/questions/issues could be posted to the Comments page on the WoWInterface link - just makes it much easier to answer and check, not to mention I think most of the questions posed have been answered recently. So it's a quick way to get your problem sorted - and much faster!

I would like to thank Quse for making me hate my own UI. Love the UI and great work. Maybe I'll find a way to make myself want to update VxtUI again. Til' then, I'll use yours so you can do all the work :P

Deleted
    Bookmarking this, looks pretty clean. Not sure if I want to remap my UI again though!

Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    I would like to thank Quse for making me hate my own UI. Love the UI and great work. Maybe I'll find a way to make myself want to update VxtUI again. Til' then, I'll use yours so you can do all the work :P
    ilu buddy!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you did an amazing job on this ui. hope everyone loves it =)

Tossed a new update up. Apparently when my OS melted down some folders became hidden, which when dropped into a new .zip inherited those properties.

So newest update has a few alignment fixes and a wIn1 folder that is no longer hidden!
    (If anyone still can't get it to run, please post a comment on WoWInterface/PM me!)

Thanks again for the kind words!

Going to give this a shot when I get home, looks very nice.

love the addon QUSE i've been using it for a week or so now, and my only problem is that when i use it on my ALT bChat doesn't work correctly.. i'm not sure what could be the problem.

What you could do is to copy your main chars file (the one you renamed when installing the ui) paste and rename it to your alts name. Should give all the correct settings.

Or you may have forgotten to run /install when jumping on your alt

Deleted
    I have edited the bottom bar to display guildies instead of bag slots, if anyone wants it shoot me a PM and I'll post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
    What you could do is to copy your main chars file (the one you renamed when installing the ui) paste and rename it to your alts name. Should give all the correct settings.

Or you may have forgotten to run /install when jumping on your alt
    i tried that,but it still displays the bchat as one window, and it like centers it..

Updated the OP with the new, snazzy layout!

Please post any issues and comments to the comments section of the WoWInterface download page.

Deleted
    Hi Quse, may i ask you how can i disable the autorepair? Or at least, how can the autorepair use the guild gold if the guild repairs are enabled?

Ty in advance.