Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I do admit, seeing that big Rytlock statue makes me want to shell out $150 for it (even though I know I can't really afford it), but then I just refer myself to the following link, and continue being realistic:

    http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20100714
    Rofl, yeah, this isn't even the problem I had with our CE's from WoW and WAR. After the tornado back on April 27th 2011 in AL, someone freaking stole our only box that survived the tornado head on in our garage (it held my WoW statues and our CE's and other fun bits we both had)! Ugh, some people. I always buy these bits for me and the hubby to enjoy, but right now, it's not a "must have omg" feeling anymore haha.

  2. #42
    There's already a video of the statue on youtube.


  3. #43
    Conspiracy theory time!

    Anyone else notice that Jon says that "Hopefully, this next weekend will give people a better idea of how it will actually play?" (~33:18)

    He doesn't say this next beta weekend, he says next weekend. Freudian slip? or just a mistake?

    /TinFoilHat
    "Some flies are too awesome for the wall." - Community

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    There's already a video of the statue on youtube.

    Plastic is still plastic. Not sure how its worth another 90$ unless it contains gold.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosvidaniya View Post
    Conspiracy theory time!

    Anyone else notice that Jon says that "Hopefully, this next weekend will give people a better idea of how it will actually play?" (~33:18)

    He doesn't say this next beta weekend, he says next weekend. Freudian slip? or just a mistake?

    /TinFoilHat
    It wouldn't be this weekend. They'd give people more than 1 day to install the game and get prepared. I'm still hoping for next weekend, but if it's not next weekend we know for sure there's an event the week after that.

  6. #46
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Divinity's Reach
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosvidaniya View Post
    Conspiracy theory time!

    Anyone else notice that Jon says that "Hopefully, this next weekend will give people a better idea of how it will actually play?" (~33:18)

    He doesn't say this next beta weekend, he says next weekend. Freudian slip? or just a mistake?

    /TinFoilHat
    I noticed that too and figured I must have been hearing things.

  7. #47
    Titan DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    14,780
    That just proves the Jon is human, but it's also possible they have more announcements/videos planned, or something.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give into your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    It wouldn't be this weekend. They'd give people more than 1 day to install the game and get prepared. I'm still hoping for next weekend, but if it's not next weekend we know for sure there's an event the week after that.
    Though true, and probably just misspeak you can not really be certain since the NDA says you can not say if you got in or not, odds of no one being an idiot and breaking the NDA is slim, but possible since people don't want to get booted before the first one let alone for any further ones, so it is just as likely that people already got the client this week and just don't risk losing access till after it happens...

    Odds that this is the case is hard to tell since they never said how many people where getting in first round, and if its only say 1000 people it is possible that no one has been an idiot and broke the NDA yet.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    Though true, and probably just misspeak you can not really be certain since the NDA says you can not say if you got in or not, odds of no one being an idiot and breaking the NDA is slim, but possible since people don't want to get booted before the first one let alone for any further ones, so it is just as likely that people already got the client this week and just don't risk losing access till after it happens...

    Odds that this is the case is hard to tell since they never said how many people where getting in first round, and if its only say 1000 people it is possible that no one has been an idiot and broke the NDA yet.
    http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/closed-beta-invites/

    Beta is next weekend, not this weekend.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/closed-beta-invites/

    Beta is next weekend, not this weekend.
    Media beta? So more idiots testing beta?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Media beta? So more idiots testing beta?
    Those are just media invites. Invites for people like you or I, I assume are going out sometime later.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    Those are just media invites. Invites for people like you or I, I assume are going out sometime later.
    They stated there would be a beta late march and now they drop the ball it's just media. So yea now beta for people who actually know more about the game then people who hide in the closet all day have to wait till late april.

    And by the looks of last beta test, new people looking into the game will get about as much hype as a block of cheese.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Media beta? So more idiots testing beta?
    Not to be a dick but most of the posts i've seen you make are really negative and elitist. Your forum sig claims something you can't claim.

    Press beta aren't idiots playing. What it actually is, people who have to test and write articles about hundreds of games a year so people like you can have a basic idea of how it plays. They don't have time to dedicate to researching 1 game and 1 game only. Why not think about people and their circumstances before you act like a elitist wanker.

    Why are people so concerned with when the next beta is? Unless your in it, it has 0 affect on you since it's still under NDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    They stated there would be a beta late march and now they drop the ball it's just media. So yea now beta for people who actually know more about the game then people who hide in the closet all day have to wait till late april.

    And by the looks of last beta test, new people looking into the game will get about as much hype as a block of cheese.
    Where do you get that it says that beta is just for media? Specific invites for media are going out, there is nothing saying that beta is JUST for media though.

  15. #55
    Not to be a dick but most of the posts i've seen you make are really negative and elitist. Your forum sig claims something you can't claim.
    Personal attacks make you look more desperate to seem right when your not. Tip, leave them out if you're trying to make a point.
    Press beta aren't idiots playing. What it actually is, people who have to test and write articles about hundreds of games a year so people like you can have a basic idea of how it plays. They don't have time to dedicate to researching 1 game and 1 game only. Why not think about people and their circumstances before you act like a elitist wanker.

    Why are people so concerned with when the next beta is? Unless your in it, it has 0 affect on you since it's still under NDA.
    I don't mean they are idiots in general, I'm saying they should know what they are getting into, it makes them look better and their coverage look better.

    Where do you get that it says that beta is just for media? Specific invites for media are going out, there is nothing saying that beta is JUST for media though.
    Valid statement, however a block of cheese is still a block of cheese.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  16. #56
    Titan DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    14,780
    The media people doing the beta as unskilled players is, imo, a good thing. The average person doesn't know a metric fuckton about GW2 and already have full understanding of how to play the game. It helps them to market the game to people who haven't already decided to play it.

    Honestly, that's what the press beta is for. It's not to show off the game to people like me or zito, who fully plan on buying the game. (That's what the Rytlock statue is for)
    It's for people who haven't heard of the game, or are undecided and need to get a closer look.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give into your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  17. #57
    The media people doing the beta as unskilled players is, imo, a good thing. The average person doesn't know a metric fuckton about GW2 and already have full understanding of how to play the game.
    It's for people who haven't heard of the game, or are undecided and need to get a closer look.
    I don't think people who don't know what they are doing is a good way to convince other people who don't know what they are doing that this game is good. Sure its relate able, but not very convincing. Nor am I saying we need some pro skill elites in the videos. We need people who have a general idea of what they are doing.

    My opinion though.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Valid statement, however a block of cheese is still a block of cheese.
    That's kind of what my last post alluded to as well. No offense zito, I know the press for the most part sucked last time around, but chill a bit, you jumped way too quickly on this without getting a full handle on it.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Personal attacks make you look more desperate to seem right when your not. Tip, leave them out if you're trying to make a point.
    Says the guy who calls media testers idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

  20. #60
    Titan DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    14,780
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I don't think people who don't know what they are doing is a good way to convince other people who don't know what they are doing that this game is good.
    I think it's a good thing, actually, at least for GW2. It showed how simple the game is to grasp, while also showing that there's plenty of room for growth in mastering the game.

    If you show off players who have full understanding of the game mechanics and pulling off impressive feats, it will unintentionally give people the impression that you must be a pro to play the game. When an average casual player sees another casual player showing a video of him playing a Warrior, they instantly feel a connection.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give into your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •