Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    That's kind of what my last post alluded to as well. No offense zito, I know the press for the most part sucked last time around, but chill a bit, you jumped way too quickly on this without getting a full handle on it.
    I know both sides of the coin. I'm not going to stay on one side with the other people oblivious to the other.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 08:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by nalvaudi View Post
    Says the guy who calls media testers idiots.
    My point wasn't them being specifically idiots, I could of worded it better but meh. However your attack and your point didn't have a relation. It was just an attack.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-15 at 08:44 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  2. #62
    I'm kinda pumped for next press beta b/c they finally gave a invite to Force. I was kinda mad that he didn't get invite, but yogcast did.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I know both sides of the coin. I'm not going to stay on one side with the other people oblivious to the other.

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 08:43 PM ----------



    My point wasn't them being specifically idiots, I could of worded it better but meh.
    You aren't going to get your point across though if you post like that. Again, just chill a bit. Not saying you shouldn't say what you're saying, but your posts have more hostility than they need

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    You aren't going to get your point across though if you post like that. Again, just chill a bit. Not saying you shouldn't say what you're saying, but your posts have more hostility than they need
    My point wasn't them being specifically idiots, I could of worded it better but meh.
    I'm aware. I mean to make sentences with more depth, but have a tendency to shorten them and leave out some important parts which I tend to fix later but people already quote me so I just quote back instead of fixing.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-15 at 08:50 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  5. #65
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,030
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm aware. I mean to make sentences with more depth, but have a tendency to shorten them and leave out some important parts which I tend to fix later but people already quote me so I just quote back instead of fixing.
    I think a lot of people have gotten pissed off at my bad editing habits.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/closed-beta-invites/

    Beta is next weekend, not this weekend.
    Good good, BUT just because they are having a media one in next weekend does not mean that they are 100% definitely not having the one for non press under a stricter NDA this weekend, you know during March when they said they would have their first non press beta events. It is possible (not probable but possible) that they are having the strick NDA non press this weekend, fix a few bugs then have the press one next weekend to show progress between last press beta and this press beta.

    I am not saying that is the case, I am just saying that "just because I am going to eat steak tonight for dinner, doesn't mean not going to have a cheaper form of beef (AKA hamburger) for lunch", just because they are doing a press beta for people to see next weekend doesn't mean they wont have a non press one that people are not allowed to show this weekend. And since they did say that they would have a non press one by the end of March and that your webpage says that the last weekend of March is a press only one, it would mean that it is plausible that non press that got into a event already got invites for this weekend but are not allowed to say that they did.

    Just saying.

  7. #67
    I think it's a good thing, actually, at least for GW2. It showed how simple the game is to grasp, while also showing that there's plenty of room for growth in mastering the game.
    Wouldn't that be a given in any game though? With time everyone improves.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    Good good, BUT just because they are having a media one in next weekend does not mean that they are 100% definitely not having the one for non press under a stricter NDA this weekend, you know during March when they said they would have their first non press beta events. It is possible (not probable but possible) that they are having the strick NDA non press this weekend, fix a few bugs then have the press one next weekend to show progress between last press beta and this press beta.
    It's possible they'll have one this weekend and one for press next weekend. It's more probable that the beta next weekend is for both. I tend to prefer to stick to what is probable, because there are way too many random possibilities in the world for me to bother trying to keep track of.

    Edit:Hmm...maybe not though? Looking at the article again, it may just be press...it's worded rather horribly though so bleh.
    Last edited by BlairPhoenix; 2012-03-15 at 09:01 PM.

  9. #69
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,030
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Wouldn't that be a given in any game though? With time everyone improves.
    Yes, but the point of the press beta is marketing it, and there's no reason to market it if you're tailoring it to these people:



    It especially helps that most of the casual gamers who aren't very skilled are also big fans of most of the press groups they invited, including Yogscast (don't they normally do Minecraft shit?). Their goal with these press betas is not just to spread information, but to spread information to a wider group of people than those already interested in the game.

    A lot of the videos showed the press members actually failing at content, and yet still being capable of completing the content and seeing the story, or at least progressing the event's story to an entirely new stage where you now deal with repercussions.


    I admit, I'd love to see videos of quality players truly showcasing a profession's potential... but I also don't need any additional convincing. ANet practically has my money already.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-15 at 09:00 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  10. #70
    Yes, but the point of the press beta is marketing it, and there's no reason to market it if you're tailoring it to these people
    However there's also a group of people who will completely disregard the game because of lack of actual better equipped playtime videos. Meaning they could just look at the first 2 minutes of a video and see its just a guy standing around spamming 1.

    It could go either way, but the majority of last press beta was spamming 1 with 2 maybe 3 videos of someone actually doing what you should do. Meaning press 2 and 4 sometimes 8!!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  11. #71
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,030
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    However there's also a group of people who will completely disregard the game because of lack of actual better equipped playtime videos.
    Yeah, but they're elitist jerks, and we don't want their kind here.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  12. #72
    Bloodsail Admiral Haggerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London, Angel
    Posts
    1,234
    I enjoyed the interview myself. There's always a decent amount of ambient information with that kinda thing - I liked the anecdote about the super mobile warrior...and also the support warrior...they add a bit of depth.

    I also liked the description of traits...his advice that you already have decent amounts of power, compassion etc...acquiring more is secondary in trait lines, what you should think about are the specific combinations of minor and max traits based around play-style. That's useful info. Also not to worry about the weapon specific traits.

    I mean, y'know, we know basically everything they want us to know at this point - there was never going to be any massive revelations...I was satisfied with the clarifications and colour.

    God damn, that figurine is massive!

  13. #73
    Pandaren Monk nalle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,824
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I think a lot of people have gotten pissed off at my bad editing habits.
    Oh...good...we didn't know that you knew about that, now we don't have to lay it on you (and by we I mean the whole forum).

    OT: They said that they would announce when the beta emails were going out (maybe when they've sent all the invites as well) so I highly doubt that the beta we signed up for is this weekend (March 16-18th).

    Either the beta next weekend (March 23rd-25th) will be shared between the press and the people invited which will be under NDA, or the beta we signed up for will be the weekend after that, at the absolute end of March (March 30-April 1st).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawnxxx View Post
    Thank god you posted that pic done by Da Vinci The vitruvian man because to be honest I had NOOOO Idea what a Human body looked liked therefor had NO idea what you were refering too. With that said the sylvari are made of lettuce. If I twist up some cabage leaves too look like a human, it doesnt make it monohuman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    That picture has four arms and four legs. It's not a human, so it's clearly a spider.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    you can not really be certain since the NDA says you can not say if you got in or not.
    Yes I can. They will let us know that beta invites have gone out to the public. We won't be sitting here in the dark wondering if there's a beta happening or not, while there is a beta,

  15. #75
    Since this thread started out being about the live q&a...

    Did anyone else catch that he said that the current build has like double the traits for each profession that we saw in press beta? Why arent we talking about that?

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    Since this thread started out being about the live q&a...

    Did anyone else catch that he said that the current build has like double the traits for each profession that we saw in press beta? Why arent we talking about that?
    They said in a blog last month that there would be 12 major traits for each trait line for each profession, but I don't think too many people caught it.

    http://www.arena.net/blog/play-your-...and-attributes

    Investing 10, 20, and 30 points in a single line will unlock a major trait slot for the player. Each line has 12 different major traits that may be slotted into a major trait slot. These are major upgrades to player abilities and are designed to provide a lot of customization.
    Also, here's a link to the recording of the interview for anyone who missed it. http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/b/311753826
    and a youtube version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_XJA...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-03-16 at 09:01 AM.

  17. #77
    Warchief Cherrysoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,015
    Being an Aussie (slightly OFF TOPIC) It didn't actually click to me how big that staute is, we use CM not inches here, after doing a conversion and looking at the pic again.. its a sneeze away off 30cm O.O Bloody hell no wonder it is expensive.

    OT - Disappointing interview it seems but thanks to all who took the time to write down the Q&A's

  18. #78
    The Lightbringer jvbastel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Flanders
    Posts
    3,532
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Yeah, but they're elitist jerks, and we don't want their kind here.
    GW2 is actually a game that needs elitist jerks. E-sports needs annoying super-skilled players
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

  19. #79
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Genie View Post
    Did anyone else catch that he said that the current build has like double the traits for each profession that we saw in press beta? Why arent we talking about that?
    Because we already knew about it. It's actually really interesting, though, that he said they already scrapped/changed most of the traits we saw in the last beta. Which, imo, is why we're having ANOTHER press beta, so that they can give people a good preview of how they've been changing up the traits to make the game more interesting and more balanced.

    I'm eager to see how much of the trait system they've revamped and how much they've developed it, but we'll have to wait until next weekend.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •