Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    holy shit people are just looking for cookies cutter builds wtf.

"How should I trait my thief?"

Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm sure there will be a transcript of the interview a little bit later. I imagine if you have been following the game for a while now that most of this stuff you will already know.
    The stuff they are asking is personal "how should I play X profession" or "how do you play X profession" or things that Anet states every single minute and drives them into everyone's heads that you can find on google.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    holy shit people are just looking for cookies cutter builds wtf.

"How should I trait my thief?"

Are you serious?
    Thats when I clicked the exit button, back to watching lesbian makeout scene from the secret world.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Well, I blame the interviewer for even using questions such as those. I would have rather seen an interview from a knowledgeable blogger such as Ravious of Kill Ten Rats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Q:asking about counter classes. who can counter who?

A: It's more like counter abilities. As you play you learn how to fight certain specs. Hes saying for example when fighting eles he picks something that hits hard. Aoes against a thief. Not a rock paper scissor situation as far as classes go though.

.....Common sense stuff.

This interviewer is awful. Did he not bother to look into gw2 at all?

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 01:29 PM ----------

Pretty much all these questions are people asking how to play their toon. This is priceless.

It's also very sad.

The sad thing is that the interviewer actually played in the press beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    The sad thing is that the interviewer actually played in the press beta.
    Really? WOW. Just wow.

Deleted
    Pathetic. Seriously, I thought there is a limit to incompetence.

It's clear there was no preparation what so ever to this interview...

Right now people are asking attributes and weapons and whether or not the choice of your weapon should determine your spec.

hes saying you should NOT pick weapons based on squeezing 3 more dps, you should be picking items for their utility. He said the game isn't focused around min/maxing. Your priorities should be more geared towards versatility.

That's all i could write down while we was taking - if anyway wants to add.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 01:22 PM ----------

Now hes talking about his fave spec. He's talking about greatsword warriors.
    This was the only halfway decent question so far. Sad.

Deleted
    Ok, Pet AI question - thank god >_>.

Anyway, it's priceless how the guy has no idea what Peter is talking about .

10+ Year Old Account
    Rytlock did not approve of being revealed...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I wanted Colin to say Hi.
    ):

Ugh, if they were going to use a question about the CE they should have asked about the Elite skill, not waste it on asking about the price.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Rytlock did not approve of being revealed...
    lol that was pretty good

The interview pretty much confirmed a lot of the things people have been theorizing, nothing wrong with that.

They recorded it too so if anyone missed it'll be up on mmorpg.com later.

Yeah, disappointing questions no doubt. Jon Peters is the man though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay here is a very sloppy version of the rest of the interview for those who couldn't watch.

Q: Why no trading?
    A: We want people to use the mail system everywhere. it's more secure then trading, we dont want people being scammed through trading. figured it wasn't needed since the mail system was polished.

Q:water combat - can you do most leveling underwater. how much of the game is underwater.
    A:you could do most of your leveling down there, but the volume isn't as vast. you're encouraged to explore and do what you want.

Q: IS there any way to duel?
    A: No dueling. Maybe later on, but not at release. if you want to duel, hot join an empty server with your friend and fight.

Q: Why is the CE 150 dollars?
    A: The Rytlock statue is huge, incredibly detailed and expensive.

Very disappointing interview. But Jon is very cute and his antics with the statue at the end make me girly giggle.

I don't know why people are crying about the price of CE. Think about it for a second. The game is 60 dollars alone. You get a 112 page book. A soundtrack CD. Bunch of art. Custom Art frame.. And that sick looking statue.

Most of the questions that were asked were from fans (at least the "how to trait thief" and I think the "counter" questions), so they're not expected to be great. That and if the articles/videos from the past beta event have taught us anything, it's that media are generally pretty bad at actually playing the game :P

Deleted
    I cant stop laughing from his kid like personality , when he introduce the Rytlock statue in the end of the show<< look on his eyes/mouth , rawrrr>> lolll
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-03-15 at 06:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Q: Why is the CE 150 dollars?
    A: The Rytlock statue is huge, incredibly detailed and expensive.
    I do admit, seeing that big Rytlock statue makes me want to shell out $150 for it (even though I know I can't really afford it), but then I just refer myself to the following link, and continue being realistic:

http://www.cad-comic.com/cad/20100714
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Most of the questions that were asked were from fans (at least the "how to trait thief" and I think the "counter" questions), so they're not expected to be great. That and if the articles/videos from the past beta event have taught us anything, it's that media are generally pretty bad at actually playing the game :P
    Nothing makes me rage more than watching these skill clickers and "1" spammers playing the beta. Total facepalm.