[Balance] Expected uptime for Earth and Moon

Greeting Druids.

I have a hunter in my raid group - we also have a balance druid. I was considering bringing a windserpent for the 8% spell damage taken buff, but was told that it wasn't needed because of our druid. However, when checking the logs I see only a 35-40% uptime for Earth and Moon. My windserpent can do this debuff for 45 seconds on a 30 sec cd.

Wouldn't it be better to have 100% uptime? Or is our druid not doing something right?

every wrath, star fire and your shrooms will apply the effect so it should always have a 100% uptime. When multidotting or something like that it may not be up on every enemy but singletarget its always there

Are you looking at a log of a fight with heavy multidotting on an extended period of time? The moonkin's debuff is applied only from direct spells (wrath, starfire and mushrooms to be exact).
    In a fight where you get to execute your normal rotation the uptime of Earth and Moon should be 100%.

It sounds like you already have the 8% spell damage debuff from somewhere else. And your Balance Druid and mystery class X are just over lapping each others. Are you talking about a certain fight?

Quote Originally Posted by PFloydWall View Post
    It sounds like you already have the 8% spell damage debuff from somewhere else. And your Balance Druid and mystery class X are just over lapping each others. Are you talking about a certain fight?
    This is what I'm thinking also. I just looked at the log where I last played boomkin and my Earth and Moon uptime is awful, when I looked at our Warlock's Curse of Weakness uptime I got the explanation ;p
    The curse overrides it.

Ok, we also have an Assasination rogue - that explains it. Thanks!