Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Official Forums are .... official

Let me point out the two biggest changes in the ways we interact with our communities between the original Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 right up front: we will have official forums, and we will not have a traditional fansite program.
    Source = bolded part from the latest blog post.

http://www.arena.net/blog/building-community
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, even so, I won't be using them that much.

I like MMO-Champion and my own guild site well enough to just use those. I do the same with Blizzard's games, Rift, and Warhammer. Although I may visit theirs (ArenaNet) for information (etc), I can just see the trolls lining up now, waiting their turn. @_@'

10+ Year Old Account
    Well alright, good for them. I don't think negatively or positively over this either way.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Official forums? Ewwwww.

Idk is anyone else noticed the strategically placed Rytlock action figure on their shelf at the bottom of that blog post. Subliminal marketing to show how their's is the largest figure or something. ./stretch :-p
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyingmoney View Post
    Don't you know the meaning of life?
    Get born.
    Play WoW.
    Snort crack.
    Fuck bitches.
    Die.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm feeling very pessimistic about this.

I'll probably participate in those official forums in some manner, but it depends on what kind of people flock to it.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

lol It's bigger than the Darth Malgus. They just had to show that.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

While I am not big on official forums (I almost never used the official WoW forums), I think that this may be a system that needs to be in place. More and more gamers try to communicate and give feedback on the game they're playing. I suspect there would be a lot more QQing from non-GW veterans who expect that type of a feature.

I just hope that their mods are willing to say L2P when the nonsense posts about soandso class being UP/OP.
    Why do I run? Why do I slay? Why do I play? ...Carrots? Nay.

Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    More and more gamers try to communicate and give feedback on the game they're playing. I suspect there would be a lot more QQing from non-GW veterans who expect that type of a feature.
    Outside of the insularity of fan centric forums for GW2, I noticed a lot of confusion about the game on other forums. A lot of people think Anet is NCsoft and they are a minor &/or Asian developer.

While a lot users here probably know better, the unwashed (so to speak) are still in puzzlement of what this game actually is and who the developers are. I even seen a few press ask bluntly, "No forums, Anet?" quizzically.

The more mass market the game the more amenities a developer has to meet to reach consumer expectation.

Well, all I have to say is, Good Luck ArenaNet moderators.

lets just hope they hire moderators to justfully ban the guru modera.... errr I mean the naughty people.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I'M OUT!
    not really

Good for the people who wanted them, though I personally will steer clear of them unless I need to report a bug, or find a fix to a bug.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am thrilled. I hated the idea of having gw2g as their go to site.

Yes, at least people don't have to deal with that enema for up to date info and so on.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Don't think they're needed, but I'm not against them either. Overall, they're probably a good thing.

Well as a good side effect, I'm betting that Guru will be a nicer place when the official forums become active.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I'M OUT!
    not really
    Knew it <3

Deleted
    Official forums seem like a great idea to avoid Guru. I think it's wise in general because it will make people a bit more 'central'. And to be honest, although I've lurked Guru they seem a bit... agressive and unfriendly (same with official WOW forums for example!), and I never felt the need or will to actually post though... Hopefully their official forums will be nice. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    I am thrilled. I hated the idea of having gw2g as their go to site.
    This so many times.
    Be patience I am dyslexic..