View Poll Results: Get Rid of Combat/Utility Racials?

Voters
226. This poll is closed
  • Yes - Replace Combat/Utility Racials

134 59.29%
  • No - Keep them.

92 40.71%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like active (not passive) racials should have minimal effect on anything regarding being in-combat. For a long time I never really understood why the Night Elf Shadowmeld works in-combat. They should get an activated boost like trolls get, or maybe a disorient, but not a stealth that takes them out of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    I feel like active (not passive) racials should have minimal effect on anything regarding being in-combat. For a long time I never really understood why the Night Elf Shadowmeld works in-combat. They should get an activated boost like trolls get, or maybe a disorient, but not a stealth that takes them out of combat.
    Why not? I never saw Shadowmeld as having a major effect on anything, so I was just curious why you are opposed to having it work in combat.

Deleted
    Why would you remove them?

In my opinion you should be able to 'spec' your racials, let people pick what racial/s they want, much like an additional talent tree if you will.

You should be allowed to choose whatever race you like best and STILL be able to dish out as much damage in PvE as a Worgen (arbitrary example), just as there is no reason whatsoever to force people to choose between looks/lore and ability to perform in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Why not? I never saw Shadowmeld as having a major effect on anything, so I was just curious why you are opposed to having it work in combat.
    Because by dropping combat they have a plethora of options as far as regening or using a mechanic they can't normally use in-combat? No other race can do this, or anything remotely like it. It can be a complete gamechanger, especially in PvP. It's not on-par with the rest of the racials at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Because by dropping combat they have a plethora of options as far as regening or using a mechanic they can't normally use in-combat? No other race can do this, or anything remotely like it. It can be a complete gamechanger, especially in PvP.
    So is every top PvPer a Nelf? Or is it not quite as big of a game changer as you are making it out to be?

15+ Year Old Account
    Get off my human trinket scumbag horde
    Sig by Safhira

So is every top PvPer a Nelf? Or is it not quite as big of a game changer as you are making it out to be?
    No obviously not, but for rogues this can be very game changing as it is basicly a second vanish, which I consider being slightly op.

I think this is a great idea, but maybe add something else instead, something interesting that doesn't affect PvP or PvE raiding. It would kind of bland and maybe a bit boring simply removing all of the special racials.

Or atleast update the vanilla races racials to be on par with Worgen/Goblin.

Just my opinoin though

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright let's get into it if you want to get into it.

You're making broad generalizations because of something I said that wasn't even that specific. On top of which, the term 'gamechanger' is not 'gamebreaking'. It's a turn of phrase, generally used to infer that an immediate situation has been changed and/or flipped on its head. Examples being, individual fights, World PvP, Battlegrounds, even some dungeons. I didn't even say it was a bad thing, what I am saying is that it's not exactly on-par with other racials. I know a few night elves that would happily and eagerly trade their Shadowmeld for the Berserk or a Tauren stomp.

I'm pretty sure I've cleared anything confusing I've said up, if you're still keen to this I'm more than happy to facilitate your semantics with some of my own.

Do you generally underestimate what people can do with their racials when applied creatively? Do you not think Night Elves could possibly benefit from something else to boost damage or otherwise? Do you generally make wild, broad, assumptions with a tacit edge which are mostly rhetorical sarcasm?

Uennie out.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I've always liked the idea of a race having 5 racials: One that boosts a prof, one that is a passive defensive one, a passive offensive one, a fun/flavor and an offense activate.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

based on the racials you proposed? no.

Change them again so I can pay for another race change. I hate being human but it's just too good...

Really? There are plenty of top raiding and pvper's that don't have the very best racial for whatever class they play. SKILL>racial If you feel you are at a disadvantage because of a racial, its probably they are just a better player then you. Point in case right now the of the top 8 ranked players for arena rating 1 is human go figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwinbutton View Post
    Really? There are plenty of top raiding and pvper's that don't have the very best racial for whatever class they play. SKILL>racial If you feel you are at a disadvantage because of a racial, its probably they are just a better player then you. Point in case right now the of the top 8 ranked players for arena rating 1 is human go figure.
    Humans have one of the best racials hahaha. Regardless, who is really talking about being threatened in playstyle.

There shouldn't be a set format for racials, or atleast certain bonuses some races get shouldn't be shared across the board. Also, Blizzard's tweaked and redid the racials atleast a few times in the past, there's no honest need to revamp them, or well it should be atleast a lower priority.
    Now adding one or two, without mucking up any race's uniqueness, I'd be cool with

Since they are removing spell resistances any race with a spell resistance racial will be losing 1 racial. Except for worgens they should be replaced with a +1% hit/crit/haste like the newer races get. Any race not affected should have one of their weapon specialties removed to provide them the universal 1% stat.

There isn't even a 1% DPS gap between the best racials and the worst. I don't know how people can go around talking with a straight-face about choosing a certain race for "min/maxing."

They should change them up. But not remove all the combat ones.

Some are stronger than others sure, but that doesnt make me want to play that race. I'm not asking for them to 'nerf' any ones in particular. Just a general revamp to keep things interesting.

Blizz needs to bring back the Priest racial spells imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

5.1 should see a 4th spec and new racials.

well OP I've not ROFL'd so much since well... 5 minutes ago... why not remove everything and make every race a placeholder cube and no more horde or ally, just cube with blue texture and cube with red texture, etc, etc... NO!
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.