View Poll Results: Get Rid of Combat/Utility Racials?

Voters
226. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - Replace Combat/Utility Racials

    134 59.29%
  • No - Keep them.

    92 40.71%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    no leave them as they are, especially since all the recommendations are just horrible, would make the game boring
    Boring? There would be so much more races being played, A lot of people like to min / max in most cases. Casual or not doesn't matter; Whatever that can boost your performance or ''faster' in a way to kill the target in this case ''Every man for himself'' which is god like in terms of pvp. Cleaning the state for all races and giving them that obviously doesn't have an advantage over X race.

    The games boring enough as it is( In my opinion ) and you think It's going to make it more boring to remove the OP racials? Hah well now...

  2. #62
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    379
    LOL you would actually play a race you didn't like because of the crappy, tiny difference the racial would make?

    You obviously don't enjoy gaming, you're just like...a soulless machine, obsessed with stupid, third party meters. I seriously can't understand why you even play...

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-03-16 at 03:40 AM.

    Elysia's epic sig skillz

  3. #63
    Wisp Form [ Keep ].... nah remove that

  4. #64
    I don't think the current racials are unique enough. The thought of removing/adding racials for the sake of balance and equality pisses me off.

  5. #65
    Grunt Turkeyburger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Turkeyburger's Daycare Center
    Posts
    23
    I was actually thinking about this the other day and wanted to bring it up. Currently I'm a Worgen because its the best race dps wise for pve as my class (alliance), yet id much rather be something else like human or gnome. Why give one race a better racial if its going to force most hardcore players into that race when there are so many unique and cool races? Getting rid of racial buffs you'd actually be able to play what you want without having to worry about the dps increase or decrease, and we would see a much bigger diversity of races rather than certain ones being favored. I hope Blizzard changes the racials although I doubt they will, I think it would be cool to see what people play.
    Last edited by Turkeyburger; 2012-03-16 at 03:45 AM.
    Turkeyburger of Midwinter - US Sargeras
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...urger/advanced

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkeyburger View Post
    I was actually thinking about this the other day and wanted to bring it up. Currently I'm a Worgen because its the best race dps wise for pve as my class (alliance), yet id much rather be something else like human or gnome. Why give one race a better racial if its going to force most hardcore players into that race when there are so many unique and cool races? Getting rid of racial buffs you'd actually be able to play what you want without having to worry about the dps increase or decrease, and we would see a much bigger diversity of races rather than certain ones being favored. I hope Blizzard changes the racials although I doubt they will, I think it would be cool to see what people play.
    You are forced into being a Worgen because of <1% theoretical DPS increase over other races on patchwerk encounters? Thanks for playing, but you lose the game.

  7. #67
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Lappen View Post
    You are forced into being a Worgen because of <1% theoretical DPS increase over other races on patchwerk encounters? Thanks for playing, but you lose the game.
    Stop being antagonizing, please. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you don't need to call everyone out for it and basically call them a loser.

    I'm not sure if this has hit you, but people are allowed to play the game differently and to take their min/maxing seriously. It doesn't make them worth less than you.

  8. #68
    "Shadowmeld [ Change ] Make this out of combat only.
    - More difficult to hit [ Remove ]
    - Wisp Form [ Keep ]"

    This night elf of 6 years wants to bonk you for this part :P

    Racials are pretty much awful right now. I just worry that if they change them, they'll just be awful in different ways (and still imbalanced).
    Ornasse Evershade, Sage of the Seven Pines | Tsi Ku | Healing WoW since 2006
    http://dancinghare.wordpress.com ~ Art, stories and musings. | My Pet Collection

  9. #69
    i love my BE ones but i don't like only having 3 to all others having 4 but if we get rid of the powers then all races just become looks and that just seems boring.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Stop being antagonizing, please. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you don't need to call everyone out for it and basically call them a loser.

    I'm not sure if this has hit you, but people are allowed to play the game differently and to take their min/maxing seriously. It doesn't make them worth less than you.
    I don't know if this has hit you, but people who post in this thread about being forced into a race for min/max are not serious min/maxers. Looking at the in-game tooltip and kind of guessing that a racial is "insanely OP" is not min/maxing. /shrug

  11. #71
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Lappen View Post
    I don't know if this has hit you, but people who post in this thread about being forced into a race for min/max are not serious min/maxers. Looking at the in-game tooltip and kind of guessing that a racial is "insanely OP" is not min/maxing. /shrug
    You understand that there are literally hours of research people pour into the most minuscule increase or decrease looking for an edge a racial might give them, right? To some people picking the right racial is min/maxing, and it doesn't make them a poor player for it. At least they're being proactive.

  12. #72
    don't change, as having every damn race the same is boring.

    Having some better at things while others are better at other things is good, as it makes them feel different.

    also who cares about min-maxers. they seem to be minority anyway.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    You understand that there are literally hours of research people pour into the most minuscule increase or decrease looking for an edge a racial might give them, right? To some people picking the right racial is min/maxing, and it doesn't make them a poor player for it. At least they're being proactive.
    It takes 5 minutes on RAWR to realize that racials offer but minuscule advantages. Yet literally no one crying about being forced to play a certain race and asking Blizzard to remove game content have done that research. All the QQ in this thread is not coming from min/maxers; it's from people who _think_ they are min/maxers. That's a big difference.

  14. #74
    I absolutely hate how game changing these things can be. Depending on your class/spec obvious choices can be made. I shouldn't have to play a certain race just to min/max my character. I want to be the best possible class while just picking a race that I like to play just because. Some things should be perks yes. I like the goblin racials such as the mobile banking and the rocket jump. I don't like the rocket belt damage or the increase to attack and casting speed. I think every race needs racial abilities that mimic the style of those fun goblin ones.

  15. #75
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Lappen View Post
    It takes 5 minutes on RAWR to realize that racials offer but minuscule advantages. Yet literally no one crying about being forced to play a certain race and asking Blizzard to remove game content have done that research. All the QQ in this thread is not coming from min/maxers; it's from people who _think_ they are min/maxers. That's a big difference.
    Sometimes a minuscule advantage is all people need. Look, I'm not one for strategizing my racexclass combo, but I don't hold it against people who do so. It's not that hard.

  16. #76
    Stood in the Fire Woa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In your moms dumpster.
    Posts
    438
    I don't like any of the OPs suggestions. Id just like to see something new and exciting.
    O HAI GUIS!

  17. #77
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Woa View Post
    I don't like any of the OPs suggestions. Id just like to see something new and exciting.
    I really don't think anyone does. I didn't even vote in the poll.

  18. #78
    No they shouldn't revamp racial abilities. As it stands now some are good for pvp, some are good for pve but all or them are usefull to certain extend by different classes. Some racials are clearly ahead pvp wise - Undead and Humans, but human racial will drop in value when pvp offensive stat will come into play. Besides many ppls play what they think looks best (i'd say majority). If what, i see possible revamp of racials as another possibility for Blizzard to squeeze some cash out of customers.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Sometimes a minuscule advantage is all people need. Look, I'm not one for strategizing my racexclass combo, but I don't hold it against people who do so. It's not that hard.
    There is nothing wrong with trying for minuscule advantages, up until the point where you start suggesting changes that take away from the overall richness and variety of the game. For example, I'm perfectly fine with Blizzard fixing WotF, which was broken good. I think it's perfectly okay that Blizzard changed Expansive Mind from INT increase to mana increase, because then Gnome would've been broken good. But making the game more bland for 300 DPS is just straight up ridiculous.

  20. #80
    The Lightbringer Uennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ner'zhul
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Lappen View Post
    There is nothing wrong with trying for minuscule advantages, up until the point where you start suggesting changes that take away from the overall richness and variety of the game. For example, I'm perfectly fine with Blizzard fixing WotF, which was broken good. I think it's perfectly okay that Blizzard changed Expansive Mind from INT increase to mana increase, because then Gnome would've been broken good. But making the game more bland for 300 DPS is just straight up ridiculous.
    Well here's a brand new idea, why don't you just SAY that instead of calling people losers and being over-the-top aggressive whenever you quote them? JUST AN IDEA.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •