Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    I dont have a twitter account either but when your following a game that rarely breaks information on their main sites it takes like 2 secs to google gw2 twitter and to see what they are talking about.
    That or just go to gw2guru, Even if you don't like there forums you can keep up with information there.

Interestingly GWI has changed their post from this:
    Just received an email from NCsoft PR, another round of select media beta invites are going out. This is not a public beta test, but another closed media event similar to last month.
    It runs from Friday, March 23 to Sunday, March 25.
    The embargo for coverage will lift on the Monday, March 26, 6:00AM PDT. All coverage and details of the beta must be posted after this date.
    And this time… we’re in.
    to this:
    Just received an email from NCsoft PR, another round of select media beta invites are going out. This is not a public beta test, but another closed media event similar to last month.

And this time… we’re in.
    Methinks they said more than they were allowed to...

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I'm guessing this time the sylvari and Asura will be playable.
    i'd rather see some dungeon explorable mode action (say by devs carrying some press guy) and/or high level zones preview

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    i'd rather see some dungeon explorable mode action (say by devs carrying some press guy) and/or high level zones preview
    TotalBiscuit has that and will be releasing it shortly.

I hope Mike B gets into the beta again. His videos were by FAR the best ones i saw. TotalBiscuit is up there with him though.

A whole week of nothingness, Can't wait for next weekend now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    TotalBiscuit has that and will be releasing it shortly.
    I don't know that we will. That run might be under NDA. Some things from that first beta are still under embargo. It wasn't a total lift, there was a very specific list of what could and could not be shown and I have a feeling Explorable mode was on there, otherwise we would have had other videos of it by now.

Methinks they said more than they were allowed to...
    I was surprised they could even say they were in, but I guess their NDA rules are different.

edit: Actually...now try going to that link, it just redirects you to the homepage.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-03-15 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikram View Post
    I hope Mike B gets into the beta again. His videos were by FAR the best ones i saw. TotalBiscuit is up there with him though.
    Id imagine TB's would have been better if he actually got to play the beta. He was in Sweden and his staff were the ones recording and playing. He just commentated some of them.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    Interestingly GWI has changed their post from this:
    to this:Methinks they said more than they were allowed to...
    eeeeeeeeeeeek.

I'm actually happy beta is late march. I'm expecting family to visit soon and I would have had to ignore them if beta landed the same time. They just wouldn't have understood.

Yup looks like they fully removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Nope, I don't do the twitter.
    It's pronounced "Tweeter"

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    I don't know that we will. That run might be under NDA. Some things from that first beta are still under embargo. It wasn't a total lift, there was a very specific list of what could and could not be shown and I have a feeling Explorable mode was on there, otherwise we would have had other videos of it by now.
    Nah, he did it in the first press beta, he was the only person to be taking through an explorable mode dungeon.
    He said he had the footage in some multi-person YouTube thing a few days ago, and that it would be his next GW2 upload.

I hope the sylvari are in it next week, My hype meter will explode if they are.

Seems a bit weird to have an NDA beta right after a press beta to me. Leads me to believe the lucky few may have been invited to a beta this weekend =/

Here's what happened with the original link... http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...&postcount=110

Issue of multiple people working on the post.

I found out about invites, made post from phone, then got an invite.

Someone was in the middle of adding specifics to my post not realizing we got an invite, so we took down specifics.

I just now got back to a computer to take the whole thing just to be safe.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I hope the sylvari are in it next week, My hype meter will explode if they are.
    Same. I really hope they gave the sylvari and asura some much needed love. Their customization was underwhelming compared to the other races.

I guess that they will let media and beta worshippers (like me) play at the same weekend, so they can ramp up the size and let the media experience servers with more players on. They did for example Wvw in previous beta, but not with nearly as much people as it should be done with.

Mega super stoked for asura footage
    Just thought i'd say it.
    /life needs more asura love
    I'm going to cry like a little baby when Logan and Rytlock reconcile and have a glorious man-hug

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Nope, I don't do the twitter.
    What's twitter? Is it a bird sanctuary of some sort?

Since ArenaNet said there would be a public beta of some sort by the end of March since that's why they had so many people sign up for it. It is safe to assume that they wouldn't just blatantly lie about it since they have a really good track record of being pretty strait forward with us so far.