Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Diablo 3 gonna be like present WoW ?

So as the title question states,
    To all you beta-testers and beloved D3 news followers:
    Is D3 much like the current WoW?

What I mean by that is: Is it gonna be that same old shitty way too easy, casual game like WoW has become? Cos otherwise I will not bother to buy it to be honest. Blizzard destroyed, yes fanboys, DESTROYED a really great game by making it way TOO easy and casualfriendly. If D3 is gonna be anything like it, I'd like to hear it from you guys.
    I just want something challenging and fun, not some boring snorefest WoW is.

Greetings,

Sergov

10+ Year Old Account
    Try it on hardcore.
    The different difficulty levels are numerous.

Deleted
    D3 can be as challenging as you want it to be.

The way you accuired gear in Diablo2, made it almost impossible hard to get the best of best, unless one got really lucky, or had free drops. Also perfect items still exsist I hear, so some grind for gear there aswell.

All I really know, dont have, or wanna play beta As we know hell mode is where challenge will be, and imo its always been class-dependant/spec who solo best etc, atleast was in Diablo2 (Cough Hammer paladin Cough, due to no resistes)

Well, they're completely different games/genres. So, no. Diablo 3 passed the normal difficulty will be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergov View Post

What I mean by that is: Is it gonna be that same old shitty way too easy, casual game like WoW has become? Cos otherwise I will not bother to buy it to be honest. Blizzard destroyed, yes fanboys, DESTROYED a really great game by making it way TOO easy and casualfriendly. If D3 is gonna be anything like it, I'd like to hear it from you guys.

Greetings,

Sergov
    Please... show us all your 8/8H 3k rated toon that you lvld to 85 using the iron man challenge requirements... Show us its too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalavaaris View Post
    Please... show us all your 8/8H 3k rated toon that you lvld to 85 using the iron man challenge requirements... Show us its too easy.
    Pointless to say that, and you know it. WoW has been dumped down in so many ways, everything is to an extent to easy. If he cant raid, likes to lvl alts, or pvp there are still things thats been nerfed alot.

But OP, ill be on my way! Cant compare wow to Diablo3 ever, but yes, I do hope it will stay hard.

EDIT: And for thoes readers who havent played D2 before: I can log on my D2 characters now with like Zomg gear, yet still find challenge in 1 player mode on hell. Thats just what it should be.

Deleted
    Fanboy Nr 1 arrived.

Mod Edit: Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-03-16 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Grats man, you found less than 1% of the game that's actually challenging!

@Nightelfsb :
    I've played Diablo 2 for 5 years and it took me that long to run out of challenges...

Deleted
    So, as the guy after you said, gearing up a toon, lvling an alt, nothing had a challenge anymore. And what you are talking about requires 24 or 9 other players to do. So if the only thing to you that is challenging is raiding, ye well ok then.

What exactly is challenging? or ever challenging in your opinion.

Best thing about D3 is there will be no player bitching influence, u die in hardcore u stay dead, blizzard have said they will not restore your character, im so looking for forward to hardcore mode, so hopefully inferno mode will be insanely hard.
    Last edited by Mechanic; 2012-03-15 at 10:51 PM.

Beta keys for steamers

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.. it will be hard.. especially on hardcore mode... but regardless, it will be difficult.

The best items dont drop off bosses, but off rare spawns.

Rare spawn mobs can have up to 4 suffixs in Inferno mode... this means, they have 4 super unique ways to rape your ass, including things such as teleport, illusionist, molten, and many more. You can also find more then 1 of these in the same area, making everything extremely difficult.

Normal mode will be easy as sin, and will be the place to grind levels and enjoy the game without much risk... from then on, the difficulty gets harder and harder, to the point where it really requires a player to be extremely careful, grind slowly, and minimize their mistakes.

D3 will have both 'very easy' and 'extremely WTF in your face hard'... where you play is up to you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post
    Best thing about D3 is there will be no player bitching influence, u die in hardcore u stay dead, blizzard have said they will not restore your character, im so looking for forward to hardcore mode.
    Oh D2 hardcore was a bitch... you think everything is going great, you fuck up once, die... and you've got a lovely dead character on your account laughing in your face

Quote Originally Posted by dahmer View Post
    Oh D2 hardcore was a bitch... you think everything is going great, you fuck up once, die... and you've got a lovely dead character on your account laughing in your face
    loved D2 hardcore i remember losing my 96 necro to conviction dolls in act3 almost smashed my screen lol but took a day off from it and cooled down and started again, thats the joys i guess

Diablo 2 was never challenging. It was incredibly grindy and had a specific challenge mode in which dying erased your character, but that's about the same as the Iron Man WoW challenge. Any time you had trouble, killing stuff for a few hours always trivialized it, in the same way that every Final Fantasy game becomes easy if you grind a lot.

So, no, Diablo 3 won't be "hard", but it will be fun. I mean, it's a game you play with less than 10 buttons on your keyboard, and you don't have to rely on more than 3 other people at any given time. There's no way it could be less easy than WoW due to the genre and way it plays.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

It's only natural to no longer have the sense of challenge when you play the same game for years. Some people still find it fun and there is no real reason for anyone to try to belittle it. As said before though, Diablo and WoW are on such a different spectrum that it's asinine to even compare the two. What, next you're going to compare MW3's first person physics to Pac Man?

Regardless of the difficulty, there's a real cash auction house in D3! If I had a nickel for every stupid thing I've sold on the auction house in WoW I could .. well.. probably order a pizza! the RMAH is going to kick ass!

10+ Year Old Account
    So I want to know why the fuck people are all posting this "Show me the toon you leveled using Ironman rules" bullshit whenever people bring up difficulty setting issues they have. I know that I personally hate leveling toons, so why the fuck would I want to level a new toon using Ironman rules?

Ironman wasn't even an Blizzard concept - it was someone else looking for something fun to do because WoW was boring to them. It's not a core gameplay difficulty setting and it gives you nothing - it's an added, totally player-driven difficulty only applicable for leveling.

Stop dropping Ironman like it's the fucking bees knees and is actually applicable when you're talking about overall game difficulty.

But no, D3 is going to be hard on the hardest difficulty setting.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2012-03-15 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergov View Post

Greetings,

Sergov
    In theory yes, it should be hard. Since beta only covers something like the first 1/12th of the first difficulty mode its really hard to judge from that, its about the same as your orc just getting to razor hill or something. You couldn't judge D2's difficulty based on the the game up to tristram on normal, its about the same thing here. That said the beta is quite fun and with the sheer variety of things to try, and the variety of enemies to kill, I have high hopes for this game both in terms of fun and difficulty.

That said WoW's raiding gameplay back in the good old days was rarely difficult due to gameplay itself - most of the difficulty came from trying to find 40 people who were decent AND willing to sink enough time into raid preparation. It was grindy with terrible class imbalances, game mechanics, item design & consumable requirements. Just look at molten core vs. bastion of twilight or Kara and try to tell me with a straight face that MC was harder because of its game play and not because the game was by comparison a poorly designed grindfest. A good example is my own guild - we started MC with 28 people, and never had 35+ until we working on rag - imagine how far you would get in T11 (when it was new) with only 17 people.