Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Bad players in ranked games

When I get shit like this that happens to me in 1300ish elo I try to suppress my rage as much as possible but I AM going to let the feeder know hes doing bad and the reason we lost and if he can't understand the concept of not 1v3 he should go back to normals.

But getting a 2 week ban because I haven't done ranked games since s2 started and elo decay dropped me hard and I couldn't carry a team even with a score of 17/4 is stupid.

Can someone lend me their account (or smurf or something) so I don't need to start at level 1 and waste my time with people who don't know items build into other items.

Or queue with me or something.

Mind the title please.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-03-16 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    But getting a 2 week ban because I haven't done ranked games since s2 started and elo decay dropped me hard and I couldn't carry a team even with a score of 17/4 is stupid.
    Well good thing then that that's not why people get banned. Would be horrible if people got banned because they played well when with a bad team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Well good thing then that that's not why people get banned. Would be horrible if people got banned because they played well when with a bad team.

What I meant by that was I lost 8 games (6 in a row) where I got super fed mid and then my team fed and it became uncarriable. I got frustrated after that many losses because of something out of my control and told everyone else as calmly as I could to not queue ranked immediately after reaching level 30.

And no, they weren't all in one day

No point getting all riled up when faced with such morons IMO.

I went from 1500 to 1200 in a matter of days because of trolls, afkers, noobs (and of course, bad plays by me as well).

If you're going to play a teamgame like LoL, you gotta understand that you will run into morons on your team. Accept that, and just have fun with the game. You're not going to be pro so why get so frustrated?

I've been playing very casually, trying to help out the people who aren't as good and I'm back in the 1500s. Probably not the sole reason, but it sure is a favtor.

The right mentality can go a long way.

Queuing solo in ranked games is like holding up a wrench in a lightning storm.

Quote Originally Posted by KnickKnack View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BaseStamp View Post
    Unless you are Volibear.

Ranked > normal

In my experience, I've run into far more first time champ users, trolls, afkers simply because of the 'who-gives-a-shit-it's-normals' mentality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Ranked > normal

In my experience, I've run into far more first time champ users, trolls, afkers simply because of the 'who-gives-a-shit-it's-normals' mentality
    They both are a complete disaster, unfortunately I am much too picky in choosing who my friends are and I only have about 15 and its rare I can get a real premade together because they're not interest, not online or are already in a group.

That picture shows us nothing. I could stay super safe going only for the last hits on champions and put up a statistic like that. If you are getting fed do something about it. Go roam bot and gank lanes or you will kina fall off since you are squishy and will get focused anway. Don't rage in games. So what if u lsot 8 in a row, i've had it worse. Just keep playing and get it back.

I doubt anyone will lend you their account so yea, not even sure if you're allowed to do something like that over these forums.
    Last edited by Thigrai; 2012-03-16 at 06:23 AM.
    Signature by Tacy :]

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had really bad games. Like, can't carry on a Tryndamere bad games. I've still never been banned. I just stay quiet all game, report unskilled afterward, then maybe say something after the game if I'm on a really bad losing streak. All it takes is one good game though to bring yourself back on an upswing. Just don't give up or give in to your anger and end up banned next time. You really have no one to blame but yourself at this point.

And if you really are that good and that fed, you can carry a game. Just deny surrenders so it can get to that point.

Deleted
    Hold on, you get banned in this game if you lose matches?

10+ Year Old Account
    What happens when someone reaches their ELO and is frozen. How do they know what they think is ELO Hell is really just the ELO they should be at? What if you are actually supposed to be below 1200? When you get to your ELO your only win about 50% of your games, so if you are in ELO hell and you are only winning half your games...

I run the Tribunal from time to time. Bans are hardly unwarranted. Its easy to tell when someone blows their cool because their team got the best of them and when they are just being a dick. It takes several reports to get banned, especially if you have a lvl 30.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2012-03-16 at 06:20 AM.

As in all similar threads with these complaints; queue w/ a premade or live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    Hold on, you get banned in this game if you lose matches?
    No. OP said that he pointed out to the failers how they were causing him to lose. From the ban you can probably make out that he didn't just point it out. He probably raged hardcore.

I got banned three times for raging at people. I had the exact same problem. Fortunately i fixed it. You can generally get away with calling someone trash or bad, but do not include racist comments or any sort of profanity.

Riot do not ban for bad play or champion selection. You have to be a racist, foul mouthed, insulting, etc to be banned. Not a 1/9/3 Eve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again? No, really, again?

--

Out of curiosity, every time you got banned you ask for someone else's account. How many of those did you get to play? And more importantly, how many of those did you get banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Riot do not ban for bad play or champion selection. You have to be a racist, foul mouthed, insulting, etc to be banned. Not a 1/9/3 Eve.
    Makes me wonder why there is a "Unskilled Player" option in the report. Not to be an ass or anything.

Makes me wonder why there is a "Unskilled Player" option in the report. Not to be an ass or anything.
    To filter down to the matchmaking system. Which attempts to ensure equal win % as best it can. Reporting someone for unskilled play attempts to correct errors in that system.

Unskilled player is there to filter out reports and prevent flooding of the Tribunal. If someone is just angry at a player because they did badly they can vent by reporting them for unskilled. This has no effect on the reportee, but helps the reporter from spamming wrong reports. So yeah. Unskilled player has no effect on the game whatsoever.