Thread: Cyst

Cyst

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this.

I've had a cyst in my left earlobe for quiet sometime now and today i squeezed it and it exploded (under the skin)

I can feel the pus or whatever it is in the earlobe and it is now at the very tip of it. My ear is swollen and it is Larger than the other which is making me feel self conscious

Any ideas on what i can do? I tried poking a hole but that seemed to make it worse. I made an appointment to go to the doctor tomorrow and get it checked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Trendz View Post
    Not sure if this is the right forum to post this.

I've had a cyst in my left earlobe for quiet sometime now and today i squeezed it and it exploded (under the skin)

I can feel the pus or whatever it is in the earlobe and it is now at the very tip of it. My ear is swollen and it is Larger than the other which is making me feel self conscious

Any ideas on what i can do? I tried poking a hole but that seemed to make it worse. I made an appointment to go to the doctor tomorrow and get it checked out.
    Get to a doctor asap. Could be MRSA and MRSA is very serious.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

First dont poke it, you'll end up making it dirty and get infected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now the only thing I would recommend is to hydrogen peroxide the wound and bandage it up and wait for the doctor. Preventing infection is REALLY important. Also, make sure not to really pick at it even though you may want to just don't. And if you don't take my word or anyone elses, you can always call your doctor and ask what you can do in the time till your appointment.

Be a man, or woman and cut that bitch open!

Seriously though, go see a doctor. You'll probably need it drained and antibiotics and above all, stop picking at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    In case you don't know what an MSRA is OP here is a link http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004520/

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    I'm positive it is not MRSA. I'm thinking it is a Cyst but is there anyway to treat it at home?

Would a hot rag make it go down?

Btw: the bump is not HUGE or anything. The only reason the ear lobe is bigger is because i was squeezing it and poking it with sharp objects.

Its a cyst that exploded. I wanna know if this is gonna make the cyst worse.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 08:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Warlight View Post
    In case you don't know what an MSRA is OP here is a link http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0004520/
    I have NONE of these symptoms. I'm fine and healthy. I'm sure it is not MSRA.

Chest pain

Chills

Cough

Fatigue

Fever

General ill feeling (malaise)

Headache

Muscle aches

Rash

Shortness of breath

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Be a man, or woman and cut that bitch open!

Seriously though, go see a doctor. You'll probably need it drained and antibiotics and above all, stop picking at it.
    I tried and it made it worse
    Last edited by Trendz; 2012-03-16 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trendz View Post
    I'm positive it is not MRSA. I'm thinking it is a Cyst but is there anyway to treat it at home?

Would a hot rag make it go down?

Btw: the bump is not HUGE or anything. The only reason the ear lobe is bigger is because i was squeezing it and poking it with sharp objects.

Its a cyst that exploded. I wanna know if this is gonna make the cyst worse.

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 08:26 PM ----------

I have NONE of these symptoms. I'm fine and healthy. I'm sure it is not MSRA.

Chest pain

Chills

Cough

Fatigue

Fever

General ill feeling (malaise)

Headache

Muscle aches

Rash

Shortness of breath

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 08:27 PM ----------

I tried and it made it worse
    I have an idea.... STOP PICKING AT IT!!

You'll obviously make it worse squeezing it. Just wait for your doctors appointment. You don't need any other advice than that.

Quite frankly i am astounded our ancestors survived the amount of times people do stupid things to try and fix stuff themselves.

You probably got it infected, you shouldn't of touched it. I'd go to the doctor just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    Quite frankly i am astounded our ancestors survived the amount of times people do stupid things to try and fix stuff themselves.
    The trick is to keep making babies. Eventually a few will manage to not kill themselves.

You should try Webmd.com

One of the best free resources for medical questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    The trick is to keep making babies. Eventually a few will manage to not kill themselves.
    Ah, the theory of the survival of the least stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably should have gone to urgent care as it ruptured.. but as it is, don't pick at it and don't poke holes in it. Pus is typically a sign of an active bacterial infection (or at least an immune response to one).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are going about it all wrong, the only foolproof way is to get the sharpest knife you can find and just chop the entire lobe off. You can chop the other one off if you want to be
    symmetrical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, with an abscess like that, go to the doctor. :P Stop touching it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman5419 View Post
    You should try Webmd.com

One of the best free resources for medical questions.
    You mean you should try going to the damn doctor. I still don't know why people come to an internet forum for medical advice over just going to see a doctor if they're really concerned :-/
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Yeah dude, just go to the doctor. Also, that's pretty nasty. Closed.