BM Hunter PVP in MOP

With the current list of talents will BM be on top for hunter spec in PVP considering we can get Readiness , crouching tiger and silencing shot

BM will be overpowered. bestial wrath is overpowered being able to use it twice and still being able to have all the hunter interupts 1v1 will be op. As for arena i am not totally sure. I just want them to get rid of evasiveness tbh. I would much rather take 3-5 extra yards on my shots then 3 second mini disengage. I mean at least it rewards awareness and timing. I can disengage, while standing 35 yards away from a priest at the start of his vt or mind blast. If i time it right his cast will fail but my next steady shot or arcane shot will still hit. I have pissed off alot of casters doing that except mages but when they remove blazing speed and improved blink is arcane only : D. Actually 4-5 yards on every shot or 15% running speed increase baseline would be good enough for me tbh. Can you imagine that we would never even have to use interupts we could just out of range cast and spam arcane shot it would be so dope.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2012-03-16 at 09:42 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, the current Hunter MoP talents look good. Hunters get more options through the new talents, some other classes get really heavy nerfs... which is great :-]
    I'm especially interested in the Hunter selfheals in MoP, hopefully they don't nerf that as they did in the past with chimera shot, from 15% heal to a pathetic 5% heal.

Rogues for example: in MoP they have to choose between Preparation and Shadowstep, they CAN'T have both!

10+ Year Old Account
    its going to be fun for us

Overpowered BM Hunter? HA!

Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    BM will be overpowered. bestial wrath is overpowered being able to use it twice and still being able to have all the hunter interupts 1v1 will be op. As for arena i am not totally sure. I just want them to get rid of evasiveness tbh. I would much rather take 3-5 extra yards on my shots then 3 second mini disengage. I mean at least it rewards awareness and timing. I can disengage, while standing 35 yards away from a priest at the start of his vt or mind blast. If i time it right his cast will fail but my next steady shot or arcane shot will still hit. I have pissed off alot of casters doing that except mages but when they remove blazing speed and improved blink is arcane only : D. Actually 4-5 yards on every shot or 15% running speed increase baseline would be good enough for me tbh. Can you imagine that we would never even have to use interupts we could just out of range cast and spam arcane shot it would be so dope.
    BM Hunter is absolutely not over powered in any way. If anything it is the least powered of all 3 specs of hunter. We dont get healed by our SB when we are at max range and they are fighting. And the once-in-a-while use of Bestial Wrath being used twice (if we even have it talent pointed for that, need more than 1), is no more 'OP' than the heals many classes have for themselves while hunters plink away at them, usually running out of focus; and by the time it regens enough to start being effective the target is back at full health, meanwhile any healing we get from shots/pets etc doesnt even come close to the amount they get. You want to talk about OP classes? How about the Frost Mage that constantly freezes you to the ground over and over and over again, throwing in a total stun every now and then, while zipping around and/or disappearing while healing itself...throw in the Fire Mage w the flame ball that drains hp, that we cant even attack like we could if it was a hunter pet or minion, or how about the Warlock with the 4sec complete lifedrain? And on top of that ALL other non hunter classes know all they have to do is get in our melee range (usually right on top of us) and we can do absolutely nothing but take a beating, usually to death. And its not because we were too close its because they raced to us or jerked us to them while all our abilities were on cd. So you and all the other whiners who cant stand getting wasted by us from long range once in a while, and who are always on the PTR crying and complaining cuz everyone else hates us hunters and whine to Blizz to keep us down, can stop with your QQing, ALL hunters are finally getting some of our due. You really must be a noob hitman. And i hope to god i find you in particular on a bg one day, i'll enjoy wasting your whining complaining a** over and over and over and over.....
    Last edited by Wopatoolie; 2012-03-26 at 04:36 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    You haven't read the post itself, have you Wopatoolie?
    Think you saw the first line, read that wrong even, and than went on a rampage.

If anyone, you're the one whining, not him. He's not complaining, he is discussing possibilities in MoP for BM.

You're complaining about min range for example. That alone shows you're just ranting about current hunter pvp, not about MoP, let alone BM in MoP.
    BM will have acces to the same selfheals as other hunters, less the chimaera glyph but plus spirit beasts if unchanged. Again you're not discussing MoP but going on about current hunter mechanics.

Some of your points make sense, in current pvp, but they are not relevant in this topic I'm afraid.
    And you're abuse towards the quoted is downright stupid, since you attack him on things he wasn't even talking about.

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 04:38 PM ----------

As for BM itself in MoP:

so far hunter pvp in MoP seems mostly related on the talents and the glyphs, more than a specific specc.

MM lost both silencing and readiness as MM only, but than again readiness never was MM in the first place...

BW will probably stop breakin cc for the hunter, as I fear that one was never intended to slip through after they removed the immunity.

SV has entrapment, which is nice. Black Arrow being dispellable or not seems less relevant now, since it has become the cc breaker of all cc breakers. I doubt anyone will use it over a knocking back explosive trap for example.

At this point it's hard to say if any specc will trump the others.

If spirit beasts remain unchanged, BM actually has acces to some of the strongest self-heal combinations for hunters:
    15% on disengage on 25 sec (can't take the 10 sec reduction if taking the spirit bond).
    3% every 2 sec for spirit bond, pet too this one. Currently rather strong...
    And than spirit mend itself, which would make up for a MM with chimaera glyph.

I doubt anyone would take these combinations, since you always drop a good utility talent to take both these healing combo's.

Funny enough SV is again the hunter specc with the least possible self healing
    Still strong I would guess if you take spirit bond or disengage heal alone, I would think.
    Last edited by Kimbald; 2012-03-26 at 04:42 PM.

BM looks strong, but then again being able to Chimera Shot every 9 seconds for 10 per cent of my health is something I'd rather have than my Spirit Beast heal. As mentioned above, you have to recall your pet often to get the heal off which obviously gimps your damage. If I'm using a monkey as MM then I can have great control AND self-healing which is very nice. A spirit beast obviously doesn't cc your target outside of intimidation, and you can't use that while you're stunned. If a rogue cheap shots me as MM with a monkey, I can blind him and negate the stun. I just have to eat the damage as BM with a spirit beast. Plus, BM relies heavily upon physical damage, which gimps it a lot against plate.

Braindeadly said he thought survival was a "no brainer" for arena, because it alone has entrapment and is almost all magical damage.

So it looks like you could make a case for ALL THREE specs, which is actually a sign of good game design. My personal opinion is that no spec is so clearly better than the others to justify switching- you'll probably have the best results with the spec you're used to playing.
    Last edited by Arrowset; 2012-03-26 at 05:53 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was SV in Vanilla, in MoP I will start SV for sure, and take it from there.