Deleted

How to you Handle Farm Time Slacking?

Hi all,

Lately we've started to see significant sloppy play amongst our raiders after clearing 8/8 a little while back causing wipes and frustration within the raid group. For example, playing bad specs for certain fights like fire mage and muti rogue on spine, and then missing to kill a tendon in 2 lifts by a few percent - or letting people die to grips, etc.)

My personal view is that even though it is a farm raid, people should play a spec that allows for a relatively easy 8/8 HC clear in one night, otherwise spending 2-3 nights on a clear because of wiping to what I consider stupid things is probably more demotivating than playing a spec that makes a fight easier, or respeccing.

Even though things are on farm and nerfed, I would still expect going 8/8 in one night so we can spend the other two "raiding" nights on other things as a guild like RBGs or Metas, alts etc.

I would like to know how your guilds handle "farm time slack" and to what extent do you allow slack in player performance or does it still remain relatively high performance but with a more fun vent atmosphere?

Thanks

Have people aim for scoring WoL ranks. Switch between different people each week or even between bosses, and give them tricks, PI and whatever they need. That gives a fair bit of motivation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    Have people aim for scoring WoL ranks. Switch between different people each week or even between bosses, and give them tricks, PI and whatever they need. That gives a fair bit of motivation.
    That sounds like something that can boost my motivation. Max out a players dps and let them become nr 1 on WoL.

Seems to me people are simply bored with it and that is why they do not bother :$

Perhaps you should consider everyone is more than fed up with DS by now and a little break might be in order.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

Honestly, it's a little rough to ask people who might have to pay gold for it, to spec swap on a farm fight, especially this far along in the expac.

However, I suppose if you're farming HMs, and 8/8 is easy for you at this point, they should be in a guild where they expect it.
    If you're farming normals, I'd be a little concerned oO

Either way, if you're a good enough guild to be farming HMs... I'd be seriously worried about burning people out before the next raids hit.

Give those guys a break, else you loose them

Deleted
    Do you guys really feel that by raiding DS once per week for 3 hours will burn people out - possibly focusing on rankings to do something different etc? At a certain point we think it is important for the guild to do activities together, not just a "cya maybe in 8 months"

It's fairly easy, you as a leader should first of all enforce raiding specs for raids, that your raiders feel they can do whatever they please is a sign of your lenience. If you insist on farming DS for gear (that I don't know what you'll need for, but never mind that), then you should make it clear to everyone you expect their full focus for one night. I would however first ask them what they feel and if they have a better suggestion for doing something different as a guild. DS as an instance was never going to be long-lived, it's understandable people have seen more than enough of it. If your only reason for farming it is to have something to do as a guild, perhaps you should reconsider and think about other options. It's not the only content still available in the game.

Clearing N/N in an end expansion instance without having the next upcoming tier to farm the gear for, means you've reached end game as far as raiding is concerned in that expansion. Perhaps it's time to cut the people some slack.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    Do you guys really feel that by raiding DS once per week for 3 hours will burn people out - possibly focusing on rankings to do something different etc? At a certain point we think it is important for the guild to do activities together, not just a "cya maybe in 8 months"
    Agree - the whole damn week is already a break and how can you demand top performance and attendance again when people can't take the time and effort to login once or twice per week. That just doesn't work.
    We usually do runs to sell items/mounts/titles to fill the guild bank. Should be in the interest of everyone to not screw that up so everyone can keep their free repairs, gems, enchants and so on. This also usually gives also a reason to stay more focused - while it may not matter to have an embarrassing wipe because somebody was telling some retarded story tendentially more people try to prevent that if witnesses are present.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskmoon View Post
    If you insist on farming DS for gear (that I don't know what you'll need for, but never mind that), then you should make it clear to everyone you expect their full focus for one night.
    Having bis gear for a tier is a valid concern for a lot of players just as doing stupid achievements is for others.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-03-16 at 02:49 PM.