Deleted

blackhorn hc 10 - yup, another one

hey everyone

we've spent about 1 hour last night and we got close to phase2 a couple times, but there's still a lot to fix

main problems i'd say are plenty of people getting hit by blade rush (me included, duh) and low dps. we can kill the first set of adds and drakes when they are harpooned with a few seconds to spare before the 2nd set of adds/drakes comes, however from that point on it's a disaster. i dont know if it's because of the fire and all the extra movement required but dps seems to drop a lot, so we usually get to the 3rd set with the 2nd adds still alive, even tho low on health (ish).

we tried having the warrior tank take the 1set on a drake while i run around with ams to soak barrages, don't know how much it helps since i can only take about 2 anyway if they spawn on opposite sides of the ship. having 4 ranged dps we shouldnt really have to tank the adds on a drake, so im thinking if it might be better to tank them in the middle for easier barrage soaking? we also had whoever is tanking the 2 adds stay out of onslaughts but that's probably bad, suppose its best to just have a tank on the dreadblade, 2nd tank on slayer and swap for the following sets as usual? we won't have the holy priest when we raid again on sunday (our resto druid quit and the priest agreed to help us on his night off) so we'll have to pug another healer, otherwise just finish on normal, meh

think the best try when the 3rd set of adds dropped on the ship, the ship's health was around 35%, never saw phase2 tho

any help? here are the logs, plenty of tries where 1or2 people died we just tried to wipe asap (wasnt hard, lol) to pull again faster

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/7i7b3ekgwy6has0y/

thanks

Even though you say that you did not have any problems with the first set; Have all of your ranged and yourself stand on the reeling up on the very top of the ship (roof above cockpit) from the start. You as a DK can outbreak the assault drake and your whole ranged team can kill the drake shortly after he drops the elite onto the ship. This gives you only one barrage going out instead of two so you will have a lot less movement and you save a lot of ship health from the start so that you have all health you can have on the ship when it gets harder to cover it and fire breaks out everywhere. Doing this from the start will be allowing dps to be on target a lot more so that you can save cooldowns for the 2nd and 3rd set of adds. Also, remember that you can pop Time Warp (Lust/Hero) on one of the sets of adds aswell just to get the practice of getting it done since the hard part of the fight is to actually get the Warmaster to land on the ship. After that it's a lot easier to progress. (We killed the boss on the 2nd time we got him to land on the ship.)

Hope I gave some helpful advise.
    Last edited by Kief; 2012-03-16 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Added some text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your title indicates that you know there are already other threads on this; read them, and post your questions there if you still want advice.