Crew Skills vs Credits Question!!!

Hey people,
    So I have a consular and I'm gonna level artifice with archeology and treasure hunting. My question is should I start leveling it early to get max benefit from leveling it or should I leave it aside since it will take bunch of credits and I'm afraid to not be able to learn riding mounts for 40k and getting all my skills? Should I also learn every recipe? Should I RE all of the items that I crafter or should I vendor/GTM them to get more credits? Please help me out.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you hold off until you get your speeder skill, it isn't going to hurt you at all. Leveling professions only gets easier the higher level you become and the more companions you acquire. Other than maybe a few usable items as you level, you aren't missing out much. At max level, dailies will fetch at least 7.5k credits per daily so cash really becomes a non-issue at max level.

I would at least recommend that you pick up the gathering profession for the crafting profession you want to use. Gathering items are spread throughout the world and don't require credit expenditure to level. For that reason, at least pick up your Archaeology. Additionally, if you are worried about cash, pick up Slicing. That is also gathering and credit cases are scattered all over the place. You can also run missions for credit income. When you decide to switch, you can easily drop Slicing and pick up Treasure Huntering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    If you hold off until you get your speeder skill, it isn't going to hurt you at all. Leveling professions only gets easier the higher level you become and the more companions you acquire. Other than maybe a few usable items as you level, you aren't missing out much. At max level, dailies will fetch at least 7.5k credits per daily so cash really becomes a non-issue at max level.

I would at least recommend that you pick up the gathering profession for the crafting profession you want to use. Gathering items are spread throughout the world and don't require credit expenditure to level. For that reason, at least pick up your Archaeology. Additionally, if you are worried about cash, pick up Slicing. That is also gathering and credit cases are scattered all over the place. You can also run missions for credit income. When you decide to switch, you can easily drop Slicing and pick up Treasure Huntering.
    Thanks a lot. You've answered all my questions . Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistus View Post
    Thanks a lot. You've answered all my questions . Cheers.
    Though... you may want to hold of on buying the speeder skill (but buy the speeder now) since the cost of training the skill will be dropping then and the cost of speeders will be increasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Though... you may want to hold of on buying the speeder skill (but buy the speeder now) since the cost of training the skill will be dropping then and the cost of speeders will be increasing.
    We're probably three weeks from 1.2, minimum; more likely four or five.. Unless OP is a *really* slow leveler he'll want to get at least his first speeder long before the prices get mucked around with. Trying to do Tatooine, Alderaan, or (shudder) Hoth without a speeder would *suck*. Honestly though, the 40K for speeder training isn't nearly as bad as it seems. You start gaining money pretty fast around the time you need it. I had a little trouble paying for my second level of training, but that was entirely my own fault. I was spending way more than I should have on gear and professions.

That's true... I wouldn't wait that long to get the first level of speeder... but level 2 or 3 yea sure...

I did arch/treasure/artifice when i lvled my first toon i sent them out on mission here and there as i lvled and nonstop quested all the way to 50 with the exception of stoping to skill up professions and doing my daily pvp. when i hit 50 i was max on all 3 professions bought all skills and speeders as i lvl'd and was able to aquire them and finished with 2.5 million credits .......took me 4 days and 13 hours played time which i did over the course of 6 actual days. When i lvl'd my 2nd toon i went biochem went about the same aproach to lvling only i made sure i crafted the reusable stim/meds/adrenal for my approiate lvl and still ended up with no problems for buying skills and speeders and finished at 50 with about 1.5 mill credits.
    Personally i've found no problems keeping your skills flowing nicely while lvling and buying all skills .......make sure you do your pvp daily and your ship dailies and you shouldnt have any issues either.