Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Diablo 3 genders?

Just a short question to you beta people.
    Will Diablo 3 be like previous Diablo with fixed genders (Barbarian - Male, Wizard - Female) or is gender something you select?

Thank you.

Deleted
    You can select either female or male for any of them

There are male and female versions of every class.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

You can choose the gender for every class in Diablo III.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

Deleted
    Thanks all for the quick answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about any type of avatar customization? hair/eyes, etc...? I don't think I've seen anything like that, so I'm guessing there is none.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there is, but there is plenty of armour variation.

10+ Year Old Account
    If, by 2012, any game developer still thinks about adding gender locks to their game, they are doomed...

I mean... Seriously.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

Oh good. This is a good change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post
    If, by 2012, any game developer still thinks about adding gender locks to their game, they are doomed...

I mean... Seriously.
    That depends, the characters in Diablo II were more akin to specific roles - there were no male sorceresses or amazons in lore. If you think of them as more akin to characters in fighting games rather than generic rpg character shells, the gender lock makes more sense - and the battle.net website suggests that blizzard envisages certain genders as the standard genders for the characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I present you, the sorcerer from diablo 1:
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

I present you, the sorcerer from diablo 1:
    -snip-
    Well, duh. Sorceress in Diablo 2 is from different mage clan. You can read more here.

Deleted
    I am happy that i can make a male anything, i know its popular and "cool" on the internet to make female everything, but i just cannot get into a game if i play as a female.

The option is great, i hope there are also various skin colors

I love that you can pick races now! I always seemed unsure about picking an amazon in D2 for example, dunno why, I don't enjoy playing a female. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    What about any type of avatar customization? hair/eyes, etc...? I don't think I've seen anything like that, so I'm guessing there is none.
    They said a couple years ago that you'd be able to customize physical features but it didn't make it into the final game for what ever reason. I can see them using this feature to sell an xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorceress View Post
    They said a couple years ago that you'd be able to customize physical features but it didn't make it into the final game for what ever reason. I can see them using this feature to sell an xpac.
    On the screen, your character isn't that big, and everything tends to be covered by his armor most of the time. Want to customize his hairstyle? Eye color? Why? Nobody is ever going to see it, expect you yourself on character creation screen, and never again. Seems like a waste of developement resources to me.

I mean... Seriously.
    That depends heavily on the game, actually. But in games like D3, I agree that there should be a choice. To say doomed is over-dramatizing it, though. :P

Another game that fails to implement an "So you want to be an Amoebe?" option

I am dissapoint!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    On the screen, your character isn't that big, and everything tends to be covered by his armor most of the time. Want to customize his hairstyle? Eye color? Why? Nobody is ever going to see it, expect you yourself on character creation screen, and never again. Seems like a waste of developement resources to me.
    I for one would have liked to have changed the Wizard's hair colour from black to silver/white, even Dungeon Siege 2 which is 6 years old offered basic facial and hair choices.

Deleted
    sorcerer from diablo 1
    Sorceror, actually. Yeah, I know.