Quote Originally Posted by Madkitty View Post
It should in theory design groups to avoid clashing of class and roles. You will rarely see a combo of Warrior/DK/Paladin or Mage/Warlock/Priest as DPS. You may get a prot pala and ret pala due to it being different roles. To prevent competing rolls normally. It may be a case of all the members in the queue it crudely designs groups awaiting the tank or healer to complete the group. It may search those not-in those groups first then look into the temporary groups to see if there are any suitable to fit your group. It may be a case of what you group consists of and what is waiting for a group in LFG/LFR and trying to make an 'optimal' group with people who could technically roll on any piece of loot
Yeah, that's all great and everything. I'm glad they do that in their matchmaking. But still, I think you underestimate how many DPS are in the queue at any level at any given time. It should NOT be difficult to find one that fits my party's needs.

And it STILL doesn't explain why my group, lacking only a single DPS, would wait 5-10 minutes for that final DPS, when the final DPS has been in the queue for 30.