"NeedToKnow" addon help with Shadowfiend

I'm trying to set a bar to track the duration of Shadowfiend after I pop it. So I have a better idea of when it falls off since its hard to see in a raid.

However I can't seem to find the right setting in "NeedToKnow" to get it to do what I want... apparently its not a buff, obviously not a debuff or totem, its not a spell cooldown or internal cooldown (tried both of these and they don't work), also tried conditional spell and that doesn't work either. Obviously not an equipment slot.

I'm not entirely savvy with addons in general, but I figured out how to track my buff procs (like power torrent and lightweave underlay), but for some reason can't seem to figure out the Shadowfiend thing. I've tried googling it with no luck.

Any help would be really appreciated

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use forte exorcist to track my shadowfiend, as well as DoTs. Works very well. It is rather annoying when you're healing though. Might want to turn it off or mess with the settings if you don't enjoy having the side of your UI covered with bars.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

I would highly recommend using forte xorcist to track all of your dots on multiple targets along with pets and whatnot. It's a great addon.

Thanks for the replies!

Ah ok it doesn't work with it... ok well at least I know it wasn't something I was doing wrong. Some addons can be rather confusing for me to configure so I thought maybe I was just missing something.

I'll have a look at forte xorcist... my main concern is ease of configuration. Is forte xorcist simple to set up? And by simple, I mean SIMPLE lol... not computer genius simple

Fortexorcist can be overwhelming when you first use it, so it probably isn't for you if you want it really simple.

Ok thanks for the honest reply, much appreciated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaela View Post
    Ok thanks for the honest reply, much appreciated
    From what I can tell, NeedToKnow and TellMeWhen is two very similar addons. TMW uses icons instead of bars though.

But TMW is a real ease to set up. You create a group of icons, right click on one of them, enter the cd/buff/debuff/internal cd or whatnot and then just type in the name of the ability.

And, I managed to create an icon exactly like you wanted using tmw :P

Edit: Adding a screenshot of the shadowfiend icon along with some other icons. The faded ones are of cd and ready to use.
    http://i.imgur.com/SdDSz.jpg
    Last edited by mmocae31beb646; 2012-03-17 at 08:05 AM.

Deleted
    I do pretty much that ^^ but with power auras

Quote Originally Posted by ErayoEU View Post
    From what I can tell, NeedToKnow and TellMeWhen is two very similar addons. TMW uses icons instead of bars though.

But TMW is a real ease to set up. You create a group of icons, right click on one of them, enter the cd/buff/debuff/internal cd or whatnot and then just type in the name of the ability.

And, I managed to create an icon exactly like you wanted using tmw :P

Edit: Adding a screenshot of the shadowfiend icon along with some other icons. The faded ones are of cd and ready to use.
    http://i.imgur.com/SdDSz.jpg
    Wow thanks so much for taking the time to post a screenshot! You're awesome

I think I'll definitely switch out since I do like those nice clean icons and it sounds just like NeedToKnow to set up.

Thanks again!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaela View Post
    Wow thanks so much for taking the time to post a screenshot! You're awesome

I think I'll definitely switch out since I do like those nice clean icons and it sounds just like NeedToKnow to set up.

Thanks again!
    No problem at all!
    You'll need Masque aswell to skin the buttons if you want them to look like mine. And I believe my icon skin is called 'Dream', which I believe is included in Masque from the get-go.

Great, thanks so much =)