Poll: If offered, would you accept immortality?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I would kill any being that offered me such an ability because any creature able to freely give such a thing must be immensely powerful and I want that power for myself.
    HAHA what makes you think you could kill this being offering you the ability to never be killed? conundrum in the head sir. /error

Deleted
    Nonono, no way ...I have enough of this life with all his troubles, lies and thieves, zzzZzzzz
    To be true, often I ask myself which is the reason to born...just to trouble? blergh

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it immortality as in living forever or you cant die? But yes, would most likely be boring eventually and considering we dont know whats after death we cant say if its better (and not talking religious beliefs and such - could be anything).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

I think everyone who wants to be immortal should read this:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18708...han-death.html

Definitely deters me from wanting to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Being Immortal sounds great, but there has to be a limit. Living for all time would drive anybody insane. I would take Immortality only if there was a "suicide" option available to me.
    What he said. And I don't want to start now... rewind the clock a few years please.

I would kill any being that offered me such an ability because any creature able to freely give such a thing must be immensely powerful and I want that power for myself.
    Fat guy kills and athlete. Fat guy is now an athlete.
    Logical thinking error level: infinite.

I would be a Highlander Immortal sure (you can die by having your head cut off by another immortal.) At a certain point you would be able to live without a job, if I had about 70 years to develop investments I would never have to work so long as there was still a functional civilization somewhere. You would have to watch out for other Immortals, who could be actively seeking you out, but I know how to fly under the radar; and worse possible outcome is that I have to continuously practice swordsmanship.
    "And what's the real lesson? Don't leave food in the fridge."
    -Spike Spiegel

Ha, someone beat me to mentioning the cracked.com article. That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.

I wonder what it would be like when applying for a license and it starts to read that you were born 150,200,300 years ago. I can see someone from some sort of government agency knocking on your door or digging up on your info eventually.

Yes, if only I will be always young, and can't die because of some jerk stabbing a knife in me.
    I soo want to see what humanity will invent in the next 1k years.

Reminds me of that old movie Death Becomes Her... they made the deal to become immortal, but then shit went down and they injured themselves but couldn't die.

The problem with immortality is eventually life here will go away...

I'm probably in with the young/healthy forever option and some place I can go if I want to end it all. Even if the place is a bit of an extreme ask.

How "immortal" could you be - able to survive without oxygen? Blood? etc.

Being able to end it all IF I was able to step up, get to being a spaceman and take a walk without oxygen to end it all - sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

yes just to see the people i hate become old and crippled so i can watch them in pain.

Yes, if I could retain my youth. I wouldn't want to be a forever 90 yr old. I'd also want an option to off myself if I should chose to do so. And the last stipulation, if I could also have my loved ones be immortal as well.

Deleted
    I would like to be immortal if i could accept the offer at any point in my life. For instance when i was a certain age etc and that i wouldnt age physically
    and my current health status would be the same forever. Yes thanks

This is the golden goose/aladin level of thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Immortal like not aging? Yeah, if it meant I was perfectly healthy and in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by eDGe87 View Post

Not sure what to make of this post. Idiocy or ignorance?
    Not sure if you are speaking before educating yourself on a topic or just ignorance.
    Last edited by Rukrow; 2012-03-16 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    In a heartbeat. I wouldn't hesitate for a second. Unless it is some trick deal, like being immortal but continue aging. Although I think I'd take it even then:P

yes. i can't imagine why any inquisitive person who enjoys learning things WOULDN'T want to live forever. imagine what you'd see.