Poll: If offered, would you accept immortality?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Nope. There might be something beyond this life. I'd want to see that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh this type of thread again
    Yes, I would accept immortality.

If I had the option of suicide at any time, I would pick immortality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneth View Post
    Yes, but only if I could also be youthful. I'm 34, this is a pretty good age, I could stay like this forever. The other thing is that I would have to be able to choose a way out too. Who would really want to be around if the rest of the race died to disease, war, aliens, famine, etc. Plus, I think I'd want to go before the Sun blew up.

You'd also have to amass wealth too. Who wants to work a crap job forever?
    Imo you would have no use for wealth if you were immortal. You don't need food, because you cant starve. You don't need water, because you have die of thirst. With unlimited time you could get anything you wanted, all you need is patience.

I forgot who/where I heard it, but someone(maybe lex luther) said they want to see how it all ends. Being immortal may to some seem boring after awhile, but death seems kinda boring to soon :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If I could start at like 26, I might. After everything is stable.

Nope. I'd like to know whether or not there's something beyond life. And if there isn't, I don't want to outlive everything and everyone I've ever loved.

Also, are we talking immortality as in you can not die from aging, which is the typical definition of immortality in literature? Or immortality, as in being completely and utterly invulnerable to all forms of harm/death?
    Last edited by StationaryHawk; 2012-03-17 at 06:13 AM.

Deleted
    In a heartbeat..... limitless time = limitless knowledge if there is a difrent level of existance for sure i will find means to pass on to that other besides death.

The pain of losing loved ones fades after time and soon you will get used to get atatched to disposable humans the way you do with your goldfish, you love em but you know their time is short.

Although my dream would be for someone to offer to make me like Dr. Manhatan >:-D

For the people who comment "You'll get bored living for so long"

Thats what millenia long naps are for ^^

Deleted
    If immortality means immunity to age, then yes. If you mean as in "never able to die" then no.

Being forced to live forever would be a curse, as you get older you get more experienced and wise and your time-perspective changes. Normal people would be extremely annoying, with their haste, and immaturity. And if that isn't enough, sooner or later all life would die and you would have nothing left to do but drift around in dead space, possibly in cruciating pain from not being able to breathe or being burned eternally by an expanding sun.

If suicide or another death is still available, then it's a no-brainer, yes thanks give me immortality. You can just end it when you want to, and have the freedom to do as you wish with your life up until then. Being immortal would have more advantages than most imagine at a first glance. The human body reaches its prime quite early, the reason older people keep up with or even outclass younger people in many areas is due to experience. Now imagine having the best of both worlds, the experience of having lived a long life, and the raw strenght of a younger body and brain. You could master any subject, not being restrained by time.

I love being alive, so yes, I would pick Immortality if I could

At first chance I would say yes but it all depends. Like others have said between immortal and not dieing from old age is different. If you couldn't die no matter what, you would see people you love die over and over and over and over etc.... Would seem nice at first but in the end would be a curse. Not aging would be awsom though