Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Holy priest, where they are?

Hi, i've been out of wow since the beggining of cata, now all i see are dis priest. Are they better for raiding than holy? If yes, why?

Deleted
    They are hiding in 25m mostly.

Deleted
    I see loads of Holy Priests around.

And disc is only better on certain fights. Though with the DS debuff it is becoming more and more of a non issue.

Oh and Hymn. js.

Deleted
    Disc and holy are pretty balanced atm. Reason you read more about disc priests here is because there is more confusion about stat priorities etc when it comes to disc.

I raid as Holy in my 10H group and usually am in Serenity for the DS stuff. Holy works fine for raids; it's a great spec just need to know how to play it.

I'm sure a part of it is the strength of Shadow. With most people running at least a Shadow off-spec, it only leaves one spec open for healing. Discipline is as good as Holy in PvE, but you get the added benefit of not having to re-spec every time you set foot in Arena and Battlegrounds, so it's rather convenient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    I'm sure a part of it is the strength of Shadow. With most people running at least a Shadow off-spec, it only leaves one spec open for healing. Discipline is as good as Holy in PvE, but you get the added benefit of not having to re-spec every time you set foot in Arena and Battlegrounds, so it's rather convenient.
    Pretty Much This.

10+ Year Old Account
    I retired, so that's why you don't see Holy Priests anymore .
    In all seriousness, since both specs are equally viable there's no reason there should be any less Holy Priests.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why you aren't seeing many holy priests around, I see about an equal number of holy and disc priests. I myself run holy, it's fun!

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Clearly you haven't tried holy in PvP (especially in BGs). : )

Funny story, two seasons ago I had two holy specs for raiding, and my buddies wanted a healer for RBGs. I'm not new to healing in PvP, but I hadn't done any that tier because I wanted to raid on a higher level. They gave me a shot, and I have never been out healed in rateds since. Holy is OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    They are hiding in 25m mostly.
    Couldn't agree more. I raid 25s ( OMFG PEOPLE STILL DO THAT?) and we actually are LOOKING for a disc because everyone and their alts are mastery or haste built holy.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

seems like disc lends itself really well to 10 man, and although there are a number of fights that holy does really well on disc is adequate for all of them. And holy is bad for a few of them. So it depends on whether you're doing 25s or 10s. Since I spent a long time during FL raiding 25, I still heal holy on 3 HM fights even in 10: zon, ultraxion, hagara. Might do madness too, but at this point I don't know if i'll be getting that far

Holy is still better at some things than disc, even in 10. It's just that 10 man raiders are already so invested in disc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    I'm not sure why you aren't seeing many holy priests around, I see about an equal number of holy and disc priests. I myself run holy, it's fun!

Clearly you haven't tried holy in PvP (especially in BGs). : )

Funny story, two seasons ago I had two holy specs for raiding, and my buddies wanted a healer for RBGs. I'm not new to healing in PvP, but I hadn't done any that tier because I wanted to raid on a higher level. They gave me a shot, and I have never been out healed in rateds since. Holy is OP.
    <1500 rated hmm?... not sure if serious. Holy priest is a nice healer and all, but if they decide to go on you and you're holy you're gonna drop like a rock.

Oh and zakaluka disc > holy on madness by a long shot. AA/Attonement+PWB is amazing.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2012-03-16 at 09:21 PM.

Deleted
    Our resident Priest is holy, ^^.

As a 25-man raider, I raid as both Holy and Discipline. I prefer Discipline on some fights-- Barrier helps make HM Ultraxion doable without extreme class-stacking while also helping the DPS push, and Discipline's absorbs rock HM Morchok. I prefer Holy on some fights: we use a stack strategy for HM Hagara and Holy's throughput is amazing; my throughput on Spine (non-HM) is *way* higher as Holy. I have no use for a DPS off-spec (we're never short on DPS) and I place more importance on optimizing my performance. Besides, I find it keeps me fresh to practice new and different ways of playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    <1500 rated hmm?... not sure if serious. Holy priest is a nice healer and all, but if they decide to go on you and you're holy you're gonna drop like a rock.

Oh and zakaluka disc > holy on madness by a long shot. AA/Attonement+PWB is amazing.
    2200 actually, and very serious.

One factor to consider is discipline shares a lot of stuff equipment with shadow specs.

If you are shadow main spec, and your guild happens to need for an extra healer, most of ppl tend to go discipline. Disc priests don't need dedicated 4pc / spirit stuff.
    It helps a lot.

They are pretty much in the same position, some fights tend to favor disc, some holy. I run disc/holy in 10MH, healing as holy on Morchok, Hagara, Warmaster and Spine, and disc on Zonozz, Yor'sahj, Ultraxion and Madness. I've ranked multiple times as holy, but not once as disc. Just so many more disc priests out there right now.

Deleted
    Like others have said, Holy should be equally present as Disc. I myself am Holy in a 10 man raiding guild although I do spec Disc on 2 of the bosses in there, but with the nerfs it's probably not even necessary anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalnophis View Post
    Hi, i've been out of wow since the beggining of cata, now all i see are dis priest. Are they better for raiding than holy? If yes, why?
    i feel quite opposite, holy priests all around me!
    whenever i join lfr on some alt and theres healing priest its like 4 to 1 that this priest will be holy

both holy and discipline are perfectly viable for raiding. during the race there might have been some fights on which holy or disc were better (not one of them better on all fights) but atm and with nerfs that happened it really doesnt matter that much in my opinion

Deleted
    I just killed heroic madness as a holy priest. Even sanctuary shines on this fight a little.