Sub Rogue vs Frost mage.

So i just had this big discussion in the guild chat today, about Frost Mage vs Sub rogue, and who should win in a duel.

Personally i think subs are better, but i'm not 100% sure.

So i'd like to hear your opinions.

Frost mage would win unless the rogue has legendary dagger stage 1 or 2. The mage has a button to stop the rogues cooldowns hardcore. Ice blocking shadowdance and even if the rogue uses cloak of skillz win ice block is down. The mage can still proc blazing speed and run away. A good mage will beat a rogue any day of the week. Mages counter rogues 1v1 but rogues counter mages with dispel and healers spamming that o dispel on dem shields. That an people say rogues are op but mages have been globaling people with out legendary for 2 seasons now. Rogues are out of control but mages should go down with them as well tbh.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2012-03-16 at 05:21 PM.

There have been multiple threads on this already - search for it.

If there is LoS and/or Legendary, I'd go for Rogue. Otherwise Mage.

A rogue can easily beat a mage without fear/vengeance. It's fairly common actually.

Mages aren't "omg they kill everything and win everything!!11!"... Yes, they're strong, yes they beat a lot of classes, but they don't beat every single one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming both are good and equal skill, it's a draw. Both can reset a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Its 50-50, one of the best duel to watch in my opinion
    ~May the goat be with you~

A good frost mage won't ever lose to any melee, equally geared. If we're talking a freshly leveled mage against a rogue with the legendaries and vial trinket (which is really what's op, not rogues themselves; pve gear in pvp has always been a problem) then sure, the rogue will win.

I find rogue vs rogue to be the best duel or mage vs mage. The amount of stuff those classes do to kill eachother is insane. Every class in my opininon should have the meta game of a rogue and mage. Wow would be a bit less of a joke in e sport if blizzard did that.

---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 08:04 PM ----------

Well rogues are kind of op even without pve gear two vanish on top of combat readiness and cloak. Plus all your cc is undispellable makes you pretty op.

rogue vs mage is one of the most equal duels atm. Its based mostly on skill and prediction of the two people playing. Whoever plays better in the duel is most likely going to be the victor. Its about 50/50 with equal skill. A more skilled frost mage will beat a rogue more and a less skilled mage will lose to a rogue more which is why you see so many differing answers on this question.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are talking about who SHOULD win, prob the frost mage.

I'm going to give the edge to the frost mage here. There should be a Deadliest Warrior episode for this imo.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Hydra killed a hunter, ressed his partner against a rogue, and won, as Disc. You just have to know what you're doing.

edit: And they were all against triple dps.
    Last edited by Malgru; 2012-03-17 at 03:32 PM.