LF GOOD video and screenshots

The screen shots I have seen so far look a bit worse than Rift which came out last year, and have a long way to go to catch up to SWTOR, Tera, etc.
    I'm guessing or hoping that these will be fixed during beta or before release?
    What graphics engine are they using? Will it be fixed, etc.?
    But more importantly are there any good repositories of exceptional screen shots me and my brahs can look at to decide on whether or not the game is worth buying?

Same question for animation cycles.
    All the video and demos I can find on line have truly horrible walk cycles from 5-10 years ago.
    This must be getting fixed before release, and must be some sort of place holder.
    Any pointers to good walk cycles would be appreciated?
    VOTE TRUMP! Make America Great Again!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Wars-2-Videos.

Bunch of videos here, as for screenshots, I can't really help you, but videos are much better than screenshots any day in my opinion.

As for your opinion on the animations and graphics, I disagree, I like them and they look much better than SWTOR and Rift to me.
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-03-16 at 06:47 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    I can't even imagine how stiff animations in swtor (they move like they swallow a broomstick) are better than realistic animations in GW2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhaerris View Post
    I can't even imagine how stiff animations in swtor (they move like they swallow a broomstick) are better than realistic animations in GW2?
    He's very clearly flame bating; if his post history is anything to go by.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Wars-2-Videos.

Bunch of videos here, as for screenshots, I can't really help you, but videos are much better than screenshots any day in my opinion.

As for your opinion on the animations and graphics, I disagree, I like them and they look much better than SWTOR and Rift to me.
    Thx for the pointer.

Well, yea, I'm sure everyone has their own preference for art styles and such. And an opinion.
    I'm actually commenting on the low quality technical content of the stuff I have seen so far - which is not really an opinion.
    And even so, with good game play, art style, and what not the game might be just fine.
    Nintendo showed that you don't need technical content to have a fun game.
    But I was a bit stricken at how little recent technical advances seem to appear in thestuff I have seen so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daarksoul View Post
    Thx for the pointer.

Well, yea, I'm sure everyone has their own preference for art styles and such. And an opinion.
    I'm actually commenting on the low quality technical content of the stuff I have seen so far - which is not really an opinion.
    And even so, with good game play, art style, and what not the game might be just fine.
    But I was a bit stricken at how little recent technical advances seem to appear in thestuff I have seen so far.
    Technical in what respect? I don't know what you're talking about. Can you be more specific?

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thx for the pointer.

He's subtle, you gotta give him that. Lol.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but please don't confuse it with fact.

Technical in what respect? I don't know what you're talking about. Can you be more specific?
    Technical as in the sense something that could be presented as new technology at say GDC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technical as in the sense something that could be presented as new technology at say GDC.
    Eh, they use mechanics that work for the game, they don't have to use technical breaks in technology to make a great game, you admit this yourself:
    So I don't really understand what you're getting at still. Especially when your OP was talking strictly about presentation of animation and graphics, not technology.

What new technology was presented at GDC?

Eh, they use mechanics that work for the game, they don't have to use technical breaks in technology to make a great game, you admit this yourself:

So I don't really understand what you're getting at still. Especially when your OP was talking strictly about presentation of animation and graphics, not technology.
    Well I personally like games that do both.
    The unreal engine, crysis engine, heorengine, etc. all make beautiful games from a technical standpoint.
    That's why I asked what engine GW2 uses. Because it seems to be 5 years behind these.

Closing this before it gets out of hand. If you have questions about the game, there are much more productive ways to go about it than this.