George clooney arrested during protest outside Sudanese embassy.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/16...anese-embassy/

Actor George Clooney was detained Friday morning during a protest in front of the Sudanese Embassy in Washington.

On Wednesday, Clooney testified before Congress about "a campaign of murder" under way in Sudan, where villagers run for the hills to hide from bombings on a daily basis.

"What you see is a constant drip of fear," Clooney said, a day after returning from a trip in which he and a small team of fellow activists managed to enter one of the most devastated areas, the Nuba Mountains in South Kordofan.

"We found children filled with shrapnel, including a 9-year-old boy who had both of his hands blown off," Clooney told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Clooney said the attacks are being orchestrated by Sudan's government, led by President Omar al-Bashir, government official Ahmad Harun and Defense Minister Abdelrahim Mohamed Hussein - the same three men, he said, who previously orchestrated long-documented attacks in Darfur.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

most celeb's only do charity for PR. but Clooney genuinely cares about what going on in the Sudan. Hopefully he will be released and this will get some real attention focused on the atrocities going on there.

Deleted
    2 thumbs up to George Clooney.

1 person CAN make a difference. Just look at what Bono did.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lot of respect for Clooney. He's been doing this for a while now and it's inspiring to see a celebrity who doesn't let their fame rule them but actually make them far more capable of helping others.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    2 thumbs up to George Clooney.

1 person CAN make a difference. Just look at what Bono did.
    I choose not to google what Bono did, can you please tell me? Is that the u-2 guy?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to be like him when i grow up .. no .. im serious, really.

Clooney is one of the few famous people i respect. the man has money yet still looks out for his fellow man, not many people do that.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty awesome, good for him.

George Clooney is the fucking MAN!

15+ Year Old Account
    Kudos for him for using his celebrity for things like this
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.