Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    what are seals? any pictures?

and come on trion, you can do a fishing system that is more interesting than that... its basically WoW's fishing system. I expected WoW+ kind of work done on this mechanic.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

How the hell do you have a more involved fishing system in an MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    How the hell do you have a more involved fishing system in an MMO?
    I want them to bring back the fishing game from way back in the day. The one where you had the actual rod thingy with the little screen on it. Put a system like that in an MMO and I'll fish all day every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I want them to bring back the fishing game from way back in the day. The one where you had the actual rod thingy with the little screen on it. Put a system like that in an MMO and I'll fish all day every day.
    omg Edge i know the thing youre on about, i think i might still have one hiding in my loft lol. http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...e=UTF8&index=0 happy days

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    The level of rage I have right now is borderline.

/fuvirtualfishing4ever*infinityeternal

Quote Originally Posted by Atreyu82 View Post
    omg Edge i know the thing youre on about, i think i might still have one hiding in my loft lol. http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-me...e=UTF8&index=0 happy days
    That's one of them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    what are seals? any pictures?
    They've now added a new gear 'slot' on your char to equip these Seals, it's the one on the bottom left

You're now able to buy Epic Seal recipes from the Hammerknell vendor in Moonshade.....each recipe costs 20x Greater Marks of Ascensions

No idea yet what the "Raid 2 components" are, presumably drops from inside Hammerknell

The mats on those HK ones are insane. They're going to cost 100p or more for boring stat increases

Slip, live gear or PTS vendor?

Those seals are on the PTS for 1.8 Primal.

I realise that, I was asking if Slip had full relics on live or had used a PTS Vendor.

I'm shallow enough for that to matter.

It also makes me jealous to see someone whose guild actually gets Mage relics instead of averaging over 1 tanking relic a week.

It's getting a little ridiculous when we have relics for our backup-backup warrior tank.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 2012-03-18 at 01:37 PM.

Slip's are from the vendor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melpo View Post
    Came back to Rift after a few months and there's a whole new damn island, quests, dailies, a carnival, UI improvements, raids, dungeons, completely reworked dungeons - all of the old "standard" ones.
    You mean like;
    Darkmoon fair island.
    Firelands dailies hub.
    Looking for Raid.
    Dragon Soul Raid.
    3 New Dungeons.
    etc

Maybe you just don't appreciate what WoW produces anymore. Clearly it has nothing to do with what they actually ARE producing (Because you don't seem to notice it anyway).

You mean like;
    Darkmoon fair island.
    Firelands dailies hub.
    Looking for Raid.
    Dragon Soul Raid.
    3 New Dungeons.
    etc

Maybe you just don't appreciate what WoW produces anymore. Clearly it has nothing to do with what they actually ARE producing (Because you don't seem to notice it anyway).
    I realize you are trolling with that comment but look at what you posted. See any problem? Aside from the 3 new 5 mans, all that is raid content. One of the issues I always had with WoW was that it focused its new patch content to heavily on the player at one end of the spectrum. Rift spreads it out alot better and puts out content at a much faster pace, What rift has added in the same time frame far eclipses what WoW has done in the same time frame in terms of actual content added. Wether you like said content is completely one's own opinion. The only reason I responded to your comment is because its a semi legitimate question, even if thats not how you posed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    I realize you are trolling with that comment but look at what you posted. See any problem? Aside from the 3 new 5 mans, all that is raid content. One of the issues I always had with WoW was that it focused its new patch content to heavily on the player at one end of the spectrum. Rift spreads it out alot better and puts out content at a much faster pace, What rift has added in the same time frame far eclipses what WoW has done in the same time frame in terms of actual content added. Wether you like said content is completely one's own opinion. The only reason I responded to your comment is because its a semi legitimate question, even if thats not how you posed it.
    I wasn't trolling at all.
    Firelands dailies wasn't a raid, Neither was the darkmoon fair island. LFR was a new feature for raiding, wasn't a "raid", but of course still raid orientated.
    If you compare the content over the same period of time (and assess is fairly) you will see the content is produced at a pretty equal speed (And keep in mind, a new game has a lot more to add and improve than a game that has been out for a long time).

And you really need to learn what trolling is.

Deleted
    WTB more pvp updates =) I'm way passed fishing as something to spend time on, and catching critters... well, at least people won't have to pay an x-pac cost for it (as another game out there). First aid are probably one of the more useful professions.
    Well, fast updates with content, creds to trion,... but I must say that atm I'm a bit disappointed that biggest patch they ever made have next to nothing about pvp. Wish they could do better than that in that field (at least a new warfront, not a weekend version of a warfront that already have a weekend version). Will continue to play to finish world event and get mount, but then it's a break to moving to star wars and level and try their incoming patch with many pvpupdates... try that out for a while and hope rift does something about theirs in the meantime. I like Rift more overall, that's why I'm disappointed in how they treat pvp (especially when they got a fantastic game to make use of it more) so I hope they bring me back more sooner than later.

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 04:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    You're now able to buy Epic Seal recipes from the Hammerknell vendor in Moonshade.....each recipe costs 20x Greater Marks of Ascensions
    Have you seen if there are any (should be epic) pvp versions for pvp players to buy? Like +vegence or something?

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    I wasn't trolling at all.
    Firelands dailies wasn't a raid, Neither was the darkmoon fair island. LFR was a new feature for raiding, wasn't a "raid", but of course still raid orientated.
    If you compare the content over the same period of time (and assess is fairly) you will see the content is produced at a pretty equal speed (And keep in mind, a new game has a lot more to add and improve than a game that has been out for a long time).

And you really need to learn what trolling is.
    Ember Isle is about ~27 times the size of firelands daily area though.

Still, even if we pretend they both dish out equal amount of content;
    10mill subs vs a few hundred thousand at most, Trion wins.

But game vs game threads are going nowhere so stop it.

I hear you Tea, there hasn't been a really new warfront in quite a while, though Library of the Runemasters is still pretty new when compared to other MMOs' schedules. TOR looks new and shiny, and I definitely enjoyed playing through the class story and experiencing the new(to me) content but as you say - I just like Rift more.

The preview videos that were circulating earlier in the month seemed to suggest that there's big changes for PvP coming down the pipeline - going for more open world PvP that has a persistent effect for the game world. I'm excited to see what form that takes, as I think open world PvP is one of those areas that is under-appreciated in MMOs so far. That being said, there's plenty of room to expand the existing warfronts with new mechanics.

Unfortunately, Trion probably realizes that increasing the number of available warfronts/pvp activities spreads out the population, increasing queue times and eventually causing mass frustration. Blizzard's response to this problem was just 'don't add new bgs' for the most part. In Warhammer online they had a slow rotation where different warfronts (can't remember what they called them) were turned on or off with each patch. Trion has so far addressed this problem mainly by adding 'weekend warfronts' where they know activity levels are higher and thus there's more people to spread out. The horror story of this whole debate is in Allods Online, where queue times were so long people just didn't bother to sign up... making PvP nearly impossible unless it was independently organized (I think they've fixed that in the new patch, but not sure).

Quote Originally Posted by gonterf View Post
    Unfortunately, Trion probably realizes that increasing the number of available warfronts/pvp activities spreads out the population, increasing queue times and eventually causing mass frustration.
    They already included the mercenary feature and are pushing this "beyond the faction" red vs blue style pvp. Now they did mention that the reason we do not have a open world pvp zone is because it spreads the population.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ighox View Post
    10mill subs vs a few hundred thousand at most, Trion wins.
    Say what now? :P Why would having more players require you to make more content to be a better game? Its not like you have to split the content with everyone else.
    That's like saying MW3 should provide more story content because it had more players.