Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any new forms for druids in the next few expansions?

Do you think blizzard will make some new ones?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna assume you mean other forms like cat and bear, rather than just new models for them. There really is no need for any new forms because all the needed aspects are in game.

I doubt we'll ever get an entirely new form. Perhaps after they update player character models, we'll see an update to travel/aquatic/moonkin form. I still really want to see them replace that strange, nonsensical cheeta form with something more like the Malorne-model stag.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I still really want to see them replace that strange, nonsensical cheeta form with something more like the Malorne-model stag.
    Yes! I did a poll on this a while back, it was a pretty popular choice!
    I can't wait for a moonkin with tusks and colorful feathers, either. :3
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

I wouldn't mind seeing an updated moonkin graphic as long as it isn't god awful as the new tree form.

Only thing I'd want is a new troll Swift Flight Form and tauren Moonkin Form. They both look horrible. All other should stay, especially Travel Form.

New forms are out of the question really. I can't think of any form that druids could use. But like others said a graphic update would be in place. WTB new moonkin, the current one looks so outdated, and you're in the form all the time unlike the tree form which is now a cooldown and did get an update.

Deleted
    A new form would essentially require a new talent spec, currently a druid's spellbook covers everything. I don't see this happening

I'd take an small update to moonkin form with the ability to change colors like your cat/bear form.

Troll flight form needs a change though.. The Bat Idea was cool but the model is just odd and its lacking in the animation department. WTB loot, mount special, and sit animations.

Can't see it being likely.
    You already have forms catering to every role, so leaving no room for additional ones unless on a cooldown as an enhanced form of an existing one.
    But is that really a new form then ?

I would honestly love a snake-form just for the hell of it.

Updated bird forms would be nice. Harpies, eagles, condors, owls, etc.

Also updated moonkin. Perhaps some skin/hair-feather and face-eye color combinations like cat and bear forms? Maybe even the same thing for the updated tree form?

I want pretty trees and boomies
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Stars: Moonkin Form ability is replaced with Astral Form, conferring all the same benefits, but now appearing as an astrally enchanted version of your normal humanoid form.

Glyph of the Chameleon: Each time you shapeshift into Cat Form or Bear Form, your shapeshifted form will have a random hair color.

Glyph of the Orca: Your Aquatic Form now appears as an Orca.

Glyph of the Stag: Your Travel Form now appears as a Stag and can be used as a mount by party members.

Glyph of the Treant: Allows you to shapeshift into Treant Form. The act of shapeshifting frees the caster of movement slowing effects.

http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=2016...nt-professions

Oo, thanks for the headsup Myrrar. Super excited for Glyph of Stars and Glyph of the Stag.

I guess Glyph of Stars will be some kind of transulcent yellow shadow form.

Would be great with some minor glyphs that would alter the forms. Quickly got bored of the new cat form tbh, but from Blizzard's track record, I doubt they will change things up for at least several years (closer to 10 most likely).

EDIT: Yeah, had a feeling it would be through glyphs instead of a basis revamp.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont trust those glypths so close to 1 april, however i dont think we ever get any new form as there is no real purpose, we can already move, tank, melee dps, ranged dps, fly, heal
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

i'm pretty sure the glyph of the stars form will be standard caster form with the blacky, spacy, stars thing going on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I doubt we'll ever get an entirely new form. Perhaps after they update player character models, we'll see an update to travel/aquatic/moonkin form. I still really want to see them replace that strange, nonsensical cheeta form with something more like the Malorne-model stag.
    those have been confirmed... the stag is even a 2 person mount
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/03/19/mi...tuff-we-found/

Druids

I didn't spend a lot of time actually playing a druid, but I did hear a bit of interesting news while I was playing other classes, so I hopped onto my premade druid to find out for myself. I was able to confirm that, yes, there are some minor glyphs druids are going to absolutely adore. Here they are:
    Glyph of Stars: Transforms your Moonkin Form into Astral Form. This glyph essentially makes your character appear as a spirit instead of a moonkin. You look very nearly like you do while dead -- but people can see you this time. And your armor, for that matter.
    Glyph of the Orca: Transforms your Aquatic Form into an orca. This one is pretty straightforward. Remember those orcas in Northrend? Yeah. Much better than your weird snarling rubbery seal.
    Glyph of the Chameleon: Gives you a random appearance when you shift into Bear or Cat Form. Essentially, this one gives you a random coloring every time you shift. Great for breaking up the monotony of locked-in bear/cat coloring.
    Glyph of the Stag: Transforms your Travel Form into a stag that other players can mount. Yes, that's right. Your pals can ride you while you're in Travel Form, and you're also a stag instead of the clearly-inferior cheetah.
    Glyph of the Tree: Lets you transform into Treant Form

Enjoy druids

That already got posted 6 posts ago.

It should be noted that the Glyph of the Tree actually gives a new shapeshift(like talenting into Moonkin/ToL does right now on live) instead of modifying one of the existing ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That already got posted 6 posts ago.

It should be noted that the Glyph of the Tree actually gives a new shapeshift(like talenting into Moonkin/ToL does right now on live) instead of modifying one of the existing ones.
    oww realy? what does teant form do then? melee attack and ability to casts spells as if you where in normal form
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE