Thread: Hemo pvp glyphs

Hemo pvp glyphs

Hello,
    As prime glyphs I have Hemo, Shadow Dance, and I'm on the fence on whether the SnD or Evis glyphs is better.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Backstab glyph unless you're going for a full hemo spec. Although I'd strongly advise against a full hemo spec considering you hit like a wet noodle outside of shadowdance. If latency is the reason you're avoiding backstab then use it only during stuns. It really is worth it though, I'd give it a shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prep is also a very nice Glyph to use as it gets rid of the CD on your disarm, SB, kick etc. VERY good for locking down a caster or burning a dps that has a heals on it. (Especially if you are going for more passive PPM with a one hander instead of a dagger). Though, you are seeing a LOT more rogues now with the various stages of the legendary daggers. I don't know, I still like my sword on my rogue.

Just feels more old school to me. *shrug*
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Hemo, dance, and prep are what I use with a hemo spec.
    "Cataclysm could have used more of Nozdormu. I think all he did was show up shirtless to Thrall's wedding."

-Anonymous priest

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    prep is a major glyph, not a prime. Either way, for a hemo spec I'd probably go with hemo/dance/evisc. Keeping SnD up shouldn't be a problem as hemo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Backstab Hemo Dance.

Unless you never backstab, in which case you should drop puncturing wounds and change the backstab glyph for the SnD one.

Standard glyphs for PvP sub are Hemo/Dance/SnD, regardless of whether you use Backstab or not. Hemo and Dance are non-negotiable, but I will explain why SnD is the best 3rd prime.

Rogue is a very controlling class with spells like Gouge, Shiv, Cheap Shot, etc. However, they unfortunately add one (or two) combo point(s), which limits their usage somewhat. The purpose of the SnD glyph is not to help you maintain it, but instead to make it a MUCH more valuable finisher with only one point. This allows you to gouge healer, SnD on the way back to your target, then resume as normal but with +40% haste. The same principle applies to Shiving a DPS off your healer, or vanish -> cheapshotting a dancing rogue.

Wrong, SnD is not the go to glyph. Feel free to look at any 2.4k+ rogue. If they're backstab spec they have backstab glyph, there's a reason they're using it. Without backstab, getting a kill outside of ShD takes a lot more work and you have to rely on your teammates a whole heck lot more. Maybe if you're just doing RBG's SnD is better but for all-around backstab is the glyph of choice.

Prime: Backstab / Hemo / Shadowdance
    Major: Prep / Garrote / another

I don't want to make a new thread with similar topic so I thought I'd post here. I'm unsure what glyphs to use on my Hemo PvP Rogue.

At the moment I have Shadow Dance, Eviscerate and Rupture as my Prime and Gouge, Cloak of Shadows and Preperation as my Major and I'm wondering if I make good choices. I rarely backstab as I find that I am often targeted in arena and due to 300+ latency it is difficult to get off a backstasb on my opponent, but I am considering putting in Backstab rather than Rupture, even if I rarely use Backstab.

With my Majors I am wondering if I should use Blind rather than Cloak of Shadows. I originally dropped Hemo as my prime as the damage wasn't very good and stopped me from blinding a target after I attacked them once, but if I swapped to blind I could use Hemo rather than one of my other prime glyphs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glurp: this topic is about hemo pvp rogues, people doesn't seem to realize that though.

I'd go with Hemo, Shadowdance and either SnD or Evisc for the third prime. For major I'd use Garrote (1.5 sec longer silence? yes please), Preparation and Blind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    For major I'd use Garrote (1.5 sec longer silence? yes please), Preparation and Blind.
    Those are all mandatory in arena with any 3v3 setup really. There is no choosing.

Currently using with Legendaries.
    Prime: Dance, Evis, Hemo
    Major: Blind, Garrote, Prep

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightningwow View Post
    Currently using with Legendaries.
    Prime: Dance, Evis, Hemo
    Major: Blind, Garrote, Prep
    Meh what a waste :/

If i had legendaries i would CERTAINLY go backstab.

You can make a case for another glyph over blind, depending on your comp. I don't run glyphed blind solo, for instance, but my 3s has a shadow priest, so ofc it is mandatory there.

If you don't glyph backstab, go with eviscerate as stated above, and I assume you won't be using backstab. I don't really trust that build personally right now, though it is not bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    You can make a case for another glyph over blind, depending on your comp. I don't run glyphed blind solo, for instance, but my 3s has a shadow priest, so ofc it is mandatory there.

If you don't glyph backstab, go with eviscerate as stated above, and I assume you won't be using backstab. I don't really trust that build personally right now, though it is not bad.
    Please explain.