Page 1 of 283
... LastLast

Pandaren Monk Contest Day 5, MoP Screenshot, Blue Posts, Scroll of Res Recap, Fan Art

Diablo 3 - Patch 15 Unofficial Changes + Official Patch Notes

Want to talk about this news post? Use this thread! Please don't attempt to enter the contest in it, as your entry will not be counted.

MMO-Champion Giveaway - Pandaren Monk - Day 5
    While we are waiting on the Press Tour NDA to expire, we are giving away 3 x Pandaren Monk every day this week! You can enter the contest only by commenting on this news post. Please only enter once per day, multiple entries will disqualify you. Today is the your last chance to win, good luck!

• To enter the contest, just post a reply in this news post, you have until Saturday March 17th @ Midnight EST to enter the contest, this thread will be closed and winners will be selected randomly.
    • Entering more than once per day is useless and will get you disqualified. There will be no 2nd chance for people posting more than one comment in this thread, you have been warned. (We will also of course check for double accounts, etc)

Mists of Pandaria Screenshots of the Day
    The Screenshots of the Day section of the official site has been updated with a new Mists of Pandaria screenshot.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Arena Improvement Suggestions
    Hey guys, this thread looks great, but I wanted to just jump in and comment on a few things.

There needs to be a large overhaul of the Arena system.
    We can see some reasons here why you feel this, but what is the over-arching reason for why you feel that the arena system currently does not function optimally and needs to undergo such dramatic changes? As of right now, I feel that the arena system works quite well. I am enjoying myself when I enter arena because of the competition side of it, as well as looking forward to both upgrading my gear more and …hopefully…winning a title and mount at the end of the season

So what should happen is that when you join Arena you get a full set of Gear and when you leave it, you no longer have that set
    So you would like to see standardized stats and gear for all who enter arena so that the gear you have earned does not affect your performance? This could cause a large number of the PvP community to stop arena as they would no longer see a result of earning their new shiny gear, I agree that the standardized gear would make the playing-field more even but where would I be able to let loose with all of my awesome new gear? :’( How could such a problem be remedied?

Thirdly, you have to start giving our desire-able rewards.
    The reason I see that players aim to receive the title and mount is for the prestige that can be displayed with them. However if you feel that this can be done better through different types of rewards, what type of prizes for the seasons winners would you like to see?

You could give rating based gear that has different colors? Just give it no stats so you can transmog into it to show off your rating you've achieved?
    So, you do not want your Arena gear to give any stats — just something you can transmog the gear you get from other sources into for the looks and your stats are standardized in your arena matches? (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Ironman Challenge Achievement
    Considering people can start Death Knights at level 55, stack up on heirlooms to level much quicker, use RAF to level up without leaving a city, and now we have the SoR feature which grants a level 80 character, the achievement would be much easier for some to get than others. You could rule out people that used some of these services I suppose, but where would you draw the line? (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Let’s Talk Updated Scroll of Resurrection
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We recently re-launched the World of Warcraft Scroll of Resurrection with new mounts, instant character boosts to level 80, free upgrades to Cataclysm for players who don’t own all the expansions, and much more. Today, we’d like to take a look at some of the finer points of this powerful new way to reconnect with your friends in Azeroth.

First steps
    If your friend hasn’t played since December 2009 (or earlier), he or she will first need to upgrade to a free Battle.net account before you can send a Scroll. Just have your friend log in to Battle.net and follow the instructions to merge a World of Warcraft account to a free Battle.net account. Returning players may want to add an authenticator to their Battle.net accounts while they’re at it. Attaching an authenticator isn’t required for the Scroll of Resurrection promotion, but it’s always a good idea.

Eligibility

To be eligible to receive a Scroll, your friend must have previously subscribed to World of Warcraft for at least 30 days, and your friend’s account must have been inactive since March 4, 2012 or earlier. You can send a maximum of two Scrolls of Resurrection per day (one from within game, and one from within Battle.net), so choose your recipients carefully. Aside from this daily limit, there is no limit to the total number of Scrolls you can send, but all Scroll invitations expire if not claimed within 30 days.

The Scroll of Resurrection is for previous World of Warcraft subscribers. If you’re looking to recruit someone who has never played before, check out our Recruit a Friend program.

A little patience at first
    Scrolls of Resurrection are sent out once a day in large batches, so it can take some time for your friend to receive it. Be patient!

How the rewards work
    The Scroll of Resurrection provides your returning friends with an upgrade to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, a single character immediately boosted all the way to level 80, and seven days of free play time. Your friend also gains access to a free realm/faction transfer so the two of you can play together.

As a reward for inviting your friend back to the game, we are offering a free Spectral Gryphon for Alliance characters or a Spectral Wind Rider for Horde characters, which you’ll receive once your resurrected friend purchases at least 30 days of game time. You’ll find your beautifully translucent reward mount(s) waiting for you in the Battle.net Account Management site, under “Referrals & Rewards -- History/Status.”

Get ‘em while they’re hot
    The Scroll of Resurrection is a limited promotion. We’ll let you know well in advance of its expiration, but don’t wait to take advantage of this opportunity. Click here to start sending Scrolls of Resurrection and bring your friends back to Azeroth!

Fan Art Update
    The World of Warcraft Fan Art Section has been updated with five new pieces of fan artwork.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-03-17 at 06:30 AM.

So many Panda pets, do waant!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tic toc time is running out!

Agreed Care, want teh pandas!

The Undead is photoshoped in there.

Five pandas? Yes, please.

Maybe Ill get lucky and win one this time

Deleted
    this time, i´ll get one

Deleted
    i am indeed still a pandalover ok?

i like pandas!