View Poll Results: Which one would you lose?

Voters
218. This poll is closed
  • Eyes

8 3.67%
  • Legs

207 94.95%
  • Arms

3 1.38%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Eyes, Legs or Arms

Which would it be. If you had to lose all functionality in both your eyes, legs or arms - which would it be.

For the sake of keeping this simple - assume no other complications from the disability.

Obvious choice - legs because I need the others to play WoW.

Legs. You can get robotic replacement for your legs and it wouldn't be that different. You would lose precision if you got robotic arms/hands (imo), and I would never give up my eyes.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Legs. I need arms to type, and eyes to see.

Legs, like the guy above said about the robotic legs, arms are more important to keep, eyes are the most since you cant replace vision

If I lost my eyes or arms, I'd probably just go into fulltime how-do-I-kill-myself-asap mode.

If I lost my legs... well, I suppose that I spend a lot of time in chairs already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eyes hands down. That way I can turn into a Ben Afflack version of Dare Devil

I think I've got the answer pretty much already

I am very surprised (not that legs is winning, rather that seems the only contender).

What is very interesting is if you ask this question in different places - you get vastly different answers.

Asking on a forum aimed at computer users - the Eyes and Arms are a winner. Try asking this question around sports people for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to draw and write...if I lost my arms or eyes I would lose pretty much everything important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I think I've got the answer pretty much already

I am very surprised (not that legs is winning, rather that seems the only contender).

What is very interesting is if you ask this question in different places - you get vastly different answers.

Asking on a forum aimed at computer users - the Eyes and Arms are a winner. Try asking this question around sports people for example.
    I just don't really know how anyone could answer anything other than legs with a question like this. Legs are really the least important out of the three. You see the world around you with your eyes, you interact with the world with your hands, and you travel through the world with your legs. We already have other means to travel, especially artificial means.

We don't have other means to see, and we don't have other means to touch and hold with dexterity and precision. And whatever else we do with our hands - painting, drawing, writing, typing, holding, carrying, and a thousand other things.

And what do you do with your legs? Walk and run.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Vizzle, among others, have explained it pretty well. I'd rather lose my legs than my arms and/or eyes. If nothing else, there's "replacements" for your legs, and even if you couldn't, you could use a wheelchair, etc. Easy choice, really.

Probably legs, but arms would be an interesting choice. Some guy 5 miles from my house was born without arms. He is able to use his feet as hands and does normal day-to-day activities without any help whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizark View Post
    Probably legs, but arms would be an interesting choice. Some guy 5 miles from my house was born without arms. He is able to use his feet as hands and does normal day-to-day activities without any help whatsoever.
    I bet theres one guy thing he's not able to do for himself most males over the age of about 15 take for granted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legs, so I don't die of blood clots.

Legs may be the obviously worst choice at first, since it hinders your movements so much, but in the end, sight and tactile interactions are worth so much more. And even without robotic replacements, there'd always be wheelchairs. There are even several athletes in that field (since someone said that only computer users would choose legs, and that sports people would disagree)
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I do one arm and one leg? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Legs for sure, wheelchairs really aren't that bad compared to blindness or not being to manipulate objects.

Besides, proper "bionic" legs will come way before eyes or arms with nice functional hands.

Legs. Not just cuz I need my eyes and arms to do everything I like, but also cuz I'd wanna walk on my hands for fun without my legs getting in the way.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Try asking this question around sports people for example.
    I don't see many possible successful sport careers without arms or eyes so... I somewhat doubt that it would be that different.

10+ Year Old Account
    since i want to be a NP with a doctorate......i think i need my eyes and arms- so legs it is!