View Poll Results: Which one would you lose?

Voters
218. This poll is closed
  • Eyes

8 3.67%
  • Legs

207 94.95%
  • Arms

3 1.38%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Atm, in our current technological/medical level:

- Fore-legs/feet are easily replaceable with prosthetic. The whole leg is a little more complicated.

- Fore-arms/hands are nearly possible with prosthetic. The whole arm is a little more complicated.

- Eyes are not possible to replace with prosthetic right now.

If I had the choice, I'd keep them all. If I didn't, and there was no way to stop it, I'd give up my legs.

I won't vote, because I'm feeling some bad voodoo right now...
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

15+ Year Old Account
    All losses would lead to one outcome for me. There is no choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    You make it sound like blindness would be a blessing.
    I could be, I mean you could use your hands to get a feel of how someone might look. :P

That said, my legs for sure, I'd hate to lose them but everything I do or would plan to do for a living involves my arms and eyes more so than my legs.

Out of those three, I'd pick legs.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you said one eye, not both, my answer would have been eyes. One eye is enough, plus i look totally badass with an eyepatch, so i would go big boss style. But in this case, my answer is legs. Even if i'm stuck in a wheelchair forever without prosthetic replacements. I want to see and touch things. I want to see and touch my beautiful girlfriend and my childs if i ever get to have childs, i want to hold them and see their smiles. So, legs, for sure

Deleted
    I'm a painter, I could not enjoy that without my arms and eyes.

I chose eyes. I would rather keep my mobility. I can do without watching tv, gaming or reading. I would still like easily be able to go to the bathroom without needing help. The only thing I would miss would be driving.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm a photographer, I can make do much easier without legs than I could without arms/eyes. The eyes are most important, since I didn't exactly start photographing because of cameras being impressive machines.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Zazey View Post
    That "experience" would get old in about 5 seconds when you wanted to kill yourself because you couldn't see.
    All of the blind people I know are perfectly happy - and no, not all of them were blind since birth, some were accidents in childhood, some in adutlhood, some just went blind naturally both in childhood and adulthood.

Just because you would want to kill yourself over not being able to see with eyes (even though you would be able to "see" with all of your other senses) doesn't mean everyone would want to.

Alot of people happen to enjoy the gift of life, in whatever shape it comes in (disregarding physical pain - although masochists may even enjoy a physically painful life!)
    Last edited by crica; 2012-03-17 at 11:45 PM.

gonna say legs.. wheelchairs are pretty common..

Deleted
    Legs, I don't need legs to play videogames. I love playing videogames.

Quote Originally Posted by crica View Post
    I voted eyes - the experiance would be an experience unlike any other I have had or could have.
    put a blindfold on and experience it..? =/

Quote Originally Posted by Dawne View Post
    It would be interesting to see if peoples responses to this changed, if an extra point was added to the equation.. for instance, what if it was a usage loss of everything below the waist, not just legs?

If you catch my drift.
    Still Legs. By a wide margin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

this poll should ask which would you keep if you could only keep 1 pair.

Deleted
    definitely legs- i know people who are entirely self-sufficient without the use of one/both of their legs- sure, it'd take a lot of adjusting, but without arms or eyes you can't read, operate a computer/phone/ipod/etc, write, play an instrument, draw/paint, enjoy a good view, or even do basic things like preparing meals.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtaroth View Post
    definitely legs- i know people who are entirely self-sufficient without the use of one/both of their legs- sure, it'd take a lot of adjusting, but without arms or eyes you can't read, operate a computer/phone/ipod/etc, write, play an instrument, draw/paint, enjoy a good view, or even do basic things like preparing meals.
    You'd be surprised how self-sufficient blind people can be, especially in their own homespace. I'd actually miss arms more, because then I would be highly dependent on someone else for basic tasks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that I live with only one functional eye, I'd say legs. I can't see in 3D, but I do fine anyway. However that is my greatest fear: losing the other eye. Pretty much the last thing on earth that I want would happen to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post
    this poll should ask which would you keep if you could only keep 1 pair.
    If I was forced to only keep one pair, I'd choose hands - because at least with hands I can kill myself.

Wheelchairs are fun! My legs can fall off for all I care... (touch wood)

Legs, since you can get implants.