10+ Year Old Account

Mass Effect 3 Ending, am I the only one? (NO SPOILERS)

I'm actually satisfied with the ending, I keep reading all these people complain over the ending; but I myself thought it was a fitting end to the trilogy.

Your thoughts?
    And again no spoilers.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

15+ Year Old Account
    If you thought it was fitting you haven't actually paid attention to the mass effect lore because it made no sense. Unless it was a dream, which it better be.

I've only seen one so far, I'm part way through my second playthrough (renegade this time, with a different import) and while it wasn't perfect it was fitting. I would have preferred a more detailed epilogue explaining what happens to everyone else, like what they did with Dragon Age: Origins where all the decisions, large and small, had a paragraph for their consequences in the epilogue but it was still a good end

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I've only seen one so far, I'm part way through my second playthrough (renegade this time, with a different import) and while it wasn't perfect it was fitting. I would have preferred a more detailed epilogue explaining what happens to everyone else, like what they did with Dragon Age: Origins where all the decisions, large and small, had a paragraph for their consequences in the epilogue but it was still a good end
    They're literally all the exact same except the color of the beam.

First of all: Discussion of this is over there ---> http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Mass-Effect-3

Second of all: It was not a good ending, at all. It was the equivalent of LotRO ending by Frodo going into the Mountain, the ring being dropped down, the volcano exploding, Sauron's eye disappearing followed by the credtis rolling down the screen.
    Right at that moment. No clue whether Frodo and Sam survived, no clue what happened to Aragorn and the guys still fighting at the black gate, nothing.
    Well, maybe one could add a scene where we see Aragorn being attacked by that Troll, then Ring gets dropped, then Sauron falls, then Aragorn is back in Minas Tirith drinking a cup of tea.

Third: If you need some of the actual reasons, you can check out this list: http://www.gamefront.com/mass-effect...ans-are-right/
    TL;DR: The ending was horribly written. It's as if the the first 98% of the game were done by professionals and the last 15min were written by inbred monkeys who were placed in front of a typewriter. It's just so very, very much worse than the rest of the game.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Choose wisely Shepard...

Green, Red or Blue beam?

Finale was lulz

It's as if they want you to buy an additional DLC pack for the "Real" ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.

Shepard was out of character, the logic presented by Deus Ex Machina contains multiple logical fallacies, Shepard has gained the magical ability to breath in space, squadmates can teleport vast distances, a certain dude must have suddenly also gained the ability to teleport, or he is secretly a ninja, and space magic.

That's about as much as I can say without going into details.

Some of us are still supporting Bioware in their choice of ending. What we say is mostly drowned in people complaining though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because for a game that advertises itself as being the pinnacle of thoughtful decision making, your decisions in the first two games (and to a degree, the third) don't count for shit except for arbitrary numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    First of all: Discussion of this is over there ---> http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Mass-Effect-3

Second of all: It was not a good ending, at all. It was the equivalent of LotRO ending by Frodo going into the Mountain, the ring being dropped down, the volcano exploding, Sauron's eye disappearing followed by the credtis rolling down the screen.
    Right at that moment. No clue whether Frodo and Sam survived, no clue what happened to Aragorn and the guys still fighting at the black gate, nothing.
    Well, maybe one could add a scene where we see Aragorn being attacked by that Troll, then Ring gets dropped, then Sauron falls, then Aragorn is back in Minas Tirith drinking a cup of tea.
    To have ones comparison stolen by ones own brother... what a cruel world. (Voij is my brother and stole that comparison from me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Some of us are still supporting Bioware in their choice of ending. What we say is mostly drowned in people complaining though.
    Rightly so, I shall say. (the "drowned" part)

10+ Year Old Account
    Please use the Megathread located here:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Mass-Effect-3