Thread: Formula 1 2012

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Well the commentary team were pretty certain he did, and if thats the case he did deserve a drive-through. Would a 20second penalty at this point take him outta the points he needed? (Inb4 it takes him behind Schumey who declares his car illegal)
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well the commentary team were pretty certain he did, and if thats the case he did deserve a drive-through. Would a 20second penalty at this point take him outta the points he needed? (Inb4 it takes him behind Schumey who declares his car illegal)
    The 20second penalty would take him behind Vergne by 0.2 seconds (did they know Vettel could get a penalty and slowed him down for that 20 second penalty but failed by 0.2 seconds?) making Alonso champion by 1 single point

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    It's not over yet folks. Ferrari are looking at footage to see if Vettel did an illegal overtake under the flags and appeal the race result.

Personally I hope they let it go, having a champion decided off the track in these instances would be a massive anti-climax.
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104644

FIA sources have confirmed to AUTOSPORT that the yellow-flag sector at Interlagos started at the light panel just before Turn 3, at marshal sector 3, and ends about 150m before Turn 4, where a green light panel is displayed.

However, there is a marshal's post in between these two panels and a green flag was being waved there on that lap.

Under the FIA's rules for the Brazilian GP, if a green flag is displayed before a green light - as it was in Vettel's case - it is the first green that counts.

Therefore, the FIA is in no doubt that Vettel's pass was legitimate, which is why race control was not informed of any potential infringement.
    Last edited by Butler Log; 2012-11-29 at 12:10 PM.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Rule changes for the 2013 season:

• DRS only in the DRS zones during Free Practice and Qualifying
    • Paddock Curfew extended to 8 hours, up from 6. Permitted curfew breaks during the season reduced to 2, down from 4.
    • More stringent tests for bodywork to restrict flexing when at high speed.
    • Minimum car weight increased to account for the heavier engines.
    • Removal of the Force Majeure excuse for stopping on the track at the end of a qualifying session. The fuel amount required to return to the pit lane will be added to the 1 litre currently required for testing.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    Really not Ham's season I feel so bad for him
    Not a fan of Hamilton, he is drives pretty dangerously

Dont mean to necro, but I thought i'd point out for anyone interested that the BBC sport team are doing a piece (once a week, i think) leading upto the new February testing about how to go about building a formula one car.

Here is part one (conceptual design). Enjoy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/20844843