Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    This is completely wrong. The spawn rate increases for every Amalg you kill.
    I do not know where you got that from, for us on the 10H difficulty it worked out the way I said it did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Maybe I'm trivalizing this since we threeshotted this on our first night, but I've never even heard of timing stuff with all that... or two lifts o.0
    two lifts is for heroic, someone didn't read the OP properly. and on heroic you time amalgamations dead with either grip, or you kill the corruption as you kill the amalgamation to reset the grip timer etc.

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    I do not know where you got that from, for us on the 10H difficulty it worked out the way I said it did.
    Actually that's not how it works. the bloods spawn from the puddles left behind when you kill corruptions, they spawn every 7 seconds on the first because there's 3 puddles, they spawn every 5th second on the 2nd because there's now 5 puddles, and they spawn every 3 seconds on the 3rd plate because there's now 7 puddles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suntwat View Post
    Actually that's not how it works. the bloods spawn from the puddles left behind when you kill corruptions, they spawn every 7 seconds on the first because there's 3 puddles, they spawn every 5th second on the 2nd because there's now 5 puddles, and they spawn every 3 seconds on the 3rd plate because there's now 7 puddles.
    The spawn rate has nothing to do with the number of puddles. The time between spawns reduces by 1 sec for every Amalg you kill.

in normal dps on amalgamation doesn't matter (except maybe for the third plate but even then it's not really crucial) as long as you don't die because of a tank beeing overwhelmed by blood at the end of the fight (but in which case I don't see how you could even kill the tendon in one go each time)

in hm it matters a lot and some strat ask for quite a lot of dps on them.
    Last edited by Bethan; 2012-03-18 at 02:58 AM.

You have to balance your Amalgamation DPS with your Tendon dps so that you're getting the tendon down, but not wasting time on the Amalgamation.

Ex: If everyone saves cooldowns and gets the Tendon to 35% in the first lift, you're overkilling DPS and could use some of that on the Amalgamation.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Deleted
    It depends on dps really. If you have good dps you can just push right through and use cooldowns whenever, if you don't then you should save your cooldowns for the tendon burn. Normal mode is suppose to be 1 lift per tendon and heroic is suppose to be 2 lifts per tendon.

Deleted
    The spawn rate has nothing to do with the number of puddles. The time between spawns reduces by 1 sec for every Amalg you kill.
    Are you really sure? In his Spine Vid ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=wP0C8LkoM6g# ) Riggnaros says that it's actually only depending on the time in the fight. We never bothered to try, but he also says that if you wait long enough at the very start of the Encounter you will get overwhelmed by bloods.

Yes ofc amalgamation dps does matter just think. Plate 2/3 you have like 20+ bloods lying there now what is better - killing the amalgamation in 30s or in 90s while blood keeps spawning?

My understanding is (haven't done the fight yet) that you need to line up the amalgamation death with the corruption death so that you don't get a stun during the tendon burn. In this sense, DPS does matter, if you don't have enough, you won't get it down. Also, you get overrun with bloods the longer you're in the fight, so you want to be doing it as quickly as possible while maintaining control.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crvn View Post
    Are you really sure? In his Spine Vid ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=wP0C8LkoM6g# ) Riggnaros says that it's actually only depending on the time in the fight. We never bothered to try, but he also says that if you wait long enough at the very start of the Encounter you will get overwhelmed by bloods.
    Thank you for linking me a vid that is 1hr 40m long without telling me what time you are referring to. That said, I've already seen his video, but I don't remember his exact wording. This video is more recent than Riggnaros' and says you can stay as long as you want on 1st plate without increasing spawn rate as long as you don't kill Amalgs.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-03-18 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you for linking me a vid that is 1hr 40m long without telling me what time you are referring to. That said, I've already seen his video, but I don't remember his exact wording. This video is more recent than Riggnaros'.
    I don't get why you're making an argument against a person who took over 400 wipes on a boss and got a world 7th kill by linking a video by a person who most likely didn't take nearly 400 pulls on the boss (or even tried out how the blood works) and got a 1400+ kill.

The ranks don't really matter, but what I am going for is that when you're raiding at the bleeding edge you most likely want to know the way such mechanics work to be able to perfect your strategy and get as ranked kill as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaina View Post
    Tendon DPS isn't as tight anymore. You should still save your CDs for it, but the faster you get down the Amalgamation (assuming you have 9 blood ready ofc) the better. It does matter, because it shortens down the fight quite a bit if you kill it fast. Timing it with grip shouldn't be neccesary anymore in order to get the Tendons down after all the nerfs. Shorter fight = Less bloods and happier healers.
    I agree with this.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turvakapsu View Post
    I don't get why you're making an argument against a person who took over 400 wipes on a boss and got a world 7th kill by linking a video by a person who most likely didn't take nearly 400 pulls on the boss (or even tried out how the blood works) and got a 1400+ kill.

The ranks don't really matter, but what I am going for is that when you're raiding at the bleeding edge you most likely want to know the way such mechanics work to be able to perfect your strategy and get as ranked kill as possible.
    Umm... did you even look at either of our source material? Because this is extremely reactionary; as if I offended your god or something.

1) Crvn just gave a bland summary of what Riggnaros said regarding Blood spawns, which he might have misinterpreted.
    2) Because I'm not going to spend almost 2hrs rewatching a video to find out exactly what Riggnaros said about it. Notice how my link jumps directly to the topic in question.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-03-18 at 10:24 PM.

Considering that you are killing amalgamations nearly at the same points in the fight, generally the same time points, how reliable are their "Studies"?

If some guild sat there on plate 1, and killed amalgamations over and over, then got super fast spawn rates, I'd take that as good proof. I'm not going to deny what they say, but in the end, based on the number of holes or based on amalgs you kill... those numbers are going to be linked together anyhow, in the normal course of the fight.

All in all, it doesn't really matter :P

edit: also, that video is for 10man, the amount of bloods spawning is a joke anyhow ;p
    Last edited by fangless; 2012-03-18 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you for linking me a vid that is 1hr 40m long without telling me what time you are referring to. That said, I've already seen his video, but I don't remember his exact wording. This video is more recent than Riggnaros' and says you can stay as long as you want on 1st plate without increasing spawn rate as long as you don't kill Amalgs.
    Here we go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...LkoM6g#t=3291s exact time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crvn View Post
    Thanks for the time-stamp, but that doesn't help much. It's the exact opposite of what my video said. I would be interested in finding out if anyone actually tested to see if which was true. My video says it's possible to keep spawning Amalgs and flipping to get Earth on everyone in the raid, but wasn't suggested due to healer mana.

As fangless pointed out, there's no practical difference for the most popular strategies. I'm just curious for the sake of knowing.

everything matters. tendons and amalgamation are both important. faster you get down amalgamation the faster the fight goes thus less slimes.

If you can kill tendons, the faster you dps the amalgatiions the easier the kill is. Once we hit the dps to kill heroic spine (thanks nerfs) with only 4/5 of our dps on tendon, we could afford to no longer wait for corruption stun timer, making 3rd plate have ...i swear to god....maybe a dozen bloods (we still rolled off bloods using amalgations on plates 1 and 2). Just ask anyone stuck on 3rd plate - the less bloods you have the better.

Deleted
    it only matters on the 2nd and 3rd (in normal) as the first your having to go afk and wait for blood but the 2nd and 3rd the faster amalganation blows the less bloods overall spawn.
    it's however a non-issue if your healers arn't going oom.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the time-stamp, but that doesn't help much. It's the exact opposite of what my video said. I would be interested in finding out if anyone actually tested to see if which was true. My video says it's possible to keep spawning Amalgs and flipping to get Earth on everyone in the raid, but wasn't suggested due to healer mana.

As fangless pointed out, there's no practical difference for the most popular strategies. I'm just curious for the sake of knowing.
    As someone who spent the last week working on this boss with a strategy which involved waiting for buffs on the first plate by doing multiple rolls, I can tell you for certain, that killing amalgamations has nothing to do with the blood spawn rate. It simply increases over time. Once we stopped with our multiple roll idea, the blood count on the third plate decreased substantially. Then the boss just died.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!