10+ Year Old Account

help choosing valor gear

Hey guys, so im now having trouble picking my next valor point upgrade. Obvisouly, i want to pick the item that is going to maximize my dps the most, at this point. Here is my thought process......TLDR AT END, but honestly, if you just read the TLDR you wont understand my thought process, and probably will not be able to help me.

first, i should probably inform you that i have 2150 Vp currently, and provide you with a link to my armory : )

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Iayknez/simple

ok, now on to my thought process, please, correct me if you feel like im making a poor decision.

If you look at my neck, you will see im currently using a healer necklace from FL ( i think?). I was going to buy the VP neck from the vendor, but the stats on the VP neck don't seem to appealing. Replacing the neck would cause me to gain 206 haste, but loose 154 mastery. If i understand my stats right, Mastery and haste are about equal in weight. The loss in mastery really has me questioning whether or not it would be the best upgrade for me at this time, and i think you would agree.

my second option would be to replace my gloves with the VP gloves. ( i cant afford to buy them right now) im hesitant to do this, because i'm sure i will win the roll on the gloves in raid finder soon. the t13 4 peace would make these gloves better than the VP, so i could easily see my self replacing these quickly. Also, they really don't seem to be that much of a dps increase.

my third option would be to buy the boots. Honestly, this does not seem like it would provide me with that big of a dps increase. It is only giving me+ 29 haste and 40 int. Surely i can spend my points more wisely. lets continue : )

my fourth option seems like the best option. if i replace my current back with the VP back, i would gain +25 int and +45 mastery as well as a red socket. I'm kinda thinking this will be my biggest dps increase, and i know i will not be replacing this cloak with anything from LFR.

[[[[[[ Typing this out has helped me look at my problem in a different way, i think i might have answered my own question, but since i have put some effort into this post, i really don't want to just delete it, so i am going to continue. Who knows, maybe i am completely misinformed on some of my facts? but, that is what you guys are here for for : ). ]]]]]

my filth option would be the VP bracers. I'm currently using the JP one, but since its really only giving me +13 mastery i don't think it would be that wise of a purchase.

my last option would be the wand, but once again, this only gives me +22 mastery, and that does not seem like a big increase to dps at all.

soooooo, what do you fellow Spriest think? would the cloak be my smartest purchase? Or is my thought process completely wrong?

also, fell free to critique my spec/gems/reforging. I"m currently reforged for heroics. If their is any other information you need to accuratley advise me, please feel free to ask. I will be checking this post around 11 pm central time.

please help!!

as usual, thank you in advanced.

TLDR: i dont know what i should spend my valor points on, i only have 2150 VP. Feel free to critique my spec/gem/reforging
    Last edited by Kmb2603; 2012-03-17 at 10:54 AM. Reason: added some extra info

Deleted
    Cloak first, only one you can get in this tier (including heroic).
    Then boots (or buy them with gold)

Then it depends on if you get into normal raids or stay in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heap View Post
    Cloak first, only one you can get in this tier (including heroic).
    Then boots (or buy them with gold)

Then it depends on if you get into normal raids or stay in LFR.
    ya i was thinking the cloak would be the best option. So the VP cloak is bis, including heroic?? interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Kmb2603 View Post
    ya i was thinking the cloak would be the best option. So the VP cloak is bis, including heroic?? interesting
    Indeed it is because of the fact that there are no cloaks that drop in the DS raid so there's no chance for a heroic cloak drop.