How to make pvp more accessible

Hey guys, I had a couple of idea's blizz could maybe use to make pvp more accessible later in the expansion (mostly arena )

First they could tag pve items so that these item's can't be used for arena.

Second the could make a thing where, when you have or pve gear equiped or no items at all, they replace those when you enter arena with a lower pvp tier, so you could start right off with an entire 359 pvp set for example, would avoid people that want to pvp later in the expansion to have to farm ages for honor or make them pvp with pve gear.

Then when you can buy better gear you just equip it and the standard pvp item gets replaced with the new one you have.

I think it would also avoid pve items to have to be changed or nerfed because they are too strong in pvp.

what do you guys think, is there stuff I can add to this or change before I post this on the official forums ?

How is it anything but accessible right now? You do battlegrounds for a few days and you are 390 iLvl PvP gear.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think that if u cant do the battlegrounds needed to get good enough gear for arena, u have nothing to do in the arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

PvP gear is craftable, with no equivalent for entry-level pve gear.
    There are statements already, which you seem to have ignored about how blizzard are making pve gear less attractive in pvp and vice versa with the adjustments to pvp damage/mitigation and with a reduction in the item level of pvp items compared to an equivalent tier of pve items.
    Also how players are supossed to have a baseline quantity of resilience.

I would argue that particularly due to the crafting, and the admittedly higher difficulty level than expected of early cataclysm heroics then it is more accessible than PvE is.

Deleted
    What are you rambling about? PvP has never been more accessible, the craftable 377 set is perfectly fine to start at low ratings and a doing a Call to Arms weekend gets you easily your 390 set..
    Also if you'd prevent using PvE gear in arena you'd actually make it more inaccessible seeing as now it's easy to just do a HoT heroic and grab 378 weapon(s).

Deleted
    lol "accessible" arena/pvp? It's more accessible now than ever.

If you're too lazy to farm a set of pvp gear which is extremely easy (easier than it's ever been) and/or you roll into arenas expecting to get free rating as the other team sits there and dies, you sit in the 3 digit bracket and complain.
    The crafted PvP gear is actually better than 359 T1 (377). If you want to complain about PvP gear being hard to farm, travel back in time and take a look at vanilla honor grinding where it literally took a guild an entire week to farm 1 person enough honor to get HWL or GM.
    New and shiny compppppp!

Deleted
    Also I'm wondering why you're suggesting changes, albeit how bad they might be, when it's already been stated by Blizzard how the PvP system will be revamped AND that it will not be revamped before MoP?

what some people seem to forget it that some people just don't like bg's, and just want to do arena with friends, I don't see how it's accesible at all, because even a low rating you get rofl stomped by people in full pvp gear, so the only way you can start decently is by farming bg's which imo I think is boring, and I know a lot of people on my server think the same.

Especially when your faction sucks at bgs, playing an entire day of bg's just to lose most of em so you can get 1 piece, I don't see how that is supposed to be accessible at all.

And about pve gear being used in arena, if people get some gear just to use in arena i don't see how it makes it inaccessible ? when I lvl an alt just for arena, I have to do pve just so I can get weapons, and if you are a bit unlucky on drops like me that can take ages...

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Icpie View Post
    If you're too lazy to farm a set of pvp gear which is extremely easy (easier than it's ever been) and/or you roll into arenas expecting to get free rating as the other team sits there and dies, you sit in the 3 digit bracket and complain.
    The crafted PvP gear is actually better than 359 T1 (377). If you want to complain about PvP gear being hard to farm, travel back in time and take a look at vanilla honor grinding where it literally took a guild an entire week to farm 1 person enough honor to get HWL or GM.
    You also forget that in vanilla there was no real pvp gear like now, and also no arena. BG's used to be for geared pve people back then as I remeber.

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey View Post
    Also I'm wondering why you're suggesting changes, albeit how bad they might be, when it's already been stated by Blizzard how the PvP system will be revamped AND that it will not be revamped before MoP?
    maybe to give some suggestion ? Or i suppose blizzard always comes up with everything on their own and never took anything players said into consideration.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a fan of standardized gear as well, but from the blue post earlier, it seems like Blizz is not. Even though they admit it would make pvp more balanced, they feel players will lose incentive to pvp if they cant farm better gear. Plus noobs in PVE gear are fun to just own. PVE gear is mainly a problem with legendaries and trinkets. I think PVP is pretty accessible for the most part, pretty easy to farm gear. I just think more work needs to be put in bg's to make them balanced and fun, not garbage like tol barad and BoG.

Quote Originally Posted by chalmerz View Post
    lol "accessible" arena/pvp? It's more accessible now than ever.
    This. Takes like three days of casual playing to get a full ruthless set, just go farm battlegrounds and make sure you join as many Tol Barad attacks as possible (don't forget to turn in the quest).

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant View Post
    This. Takes like three days of casual playing to get a full ruthless set, just go farm battlegrounds and make sure you join as many Tol Barad attacks as possible (don't forget to turn in the quest).
    Yeah I understand that but that's what I hate atm, tol barad isn't fun -_- afther 2 - 3 matches it's so boring... it's even worse then wg, it's just people running around in groups and zerging down other players.

The only time I had fun in TB was when i went with like 10 friends all as healers, because they just couldn't kill us, but apart from that I always found TB quite dull, I do agree with another comment that said they should rework bg's to be more fun, would solve the problem in my eyes aswell, because right now getting that pvp gear is not fun for me -_-

But I have no idea how they could make those bgs fun again, anyone got any idea's ?

sorry, like others have already said, it's way too 'accessible' right now. that's why you run into complete morons in bg's all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rnbwtrout View Post
    sorry, like others have already said, it's way too 'accessible' right now. that's why you run into complete morons in bg's all the time.
    On the contrary, true accessibility would help forge those "morons" into something at least vaguely resembling proper players, "Easy to learn, hard to master." as they say.
    RIP Gunther, he wanted orange, the world gave him lemon-lime.

Quote Originally Posted by lolo855 View Post
    what some people seem to forget it that some people just don't like bg's, and just want to do arena with friends, I don't see how it's accesible at all, because even a low rating you get rofl stomped by people in full pvp gear, so the only way you can start decently is by farming bg's which imo I think is boring, and I know a lot of people on my server think the same.
    I don't like LFD, but I still have to do it to get into raids. It's called "gear progression." If you don't like it... well, WoW isn't the game for you.

Especially when your faction sucks at bgs, playing an entire day of bg's just to lose most of em so you can get 1 piece, I don't see how that is supposed to be accessible at all.
    If you're playing all day and losing most of them why are you blaming your faction? Maybe you should look in the mirror, we already know the wins are split pretty evenly between the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwood View Post
    If you're playing all day and losing most of them why are you blaming your faction? Maybe you should look in the mirror, we already know the wins are split pretty evenly between the factions.
    Adding onto this, it's simple math much like how rating systems work. There's a possibility of 9 retards on your team and you while the enemy team has a possibility of 10 retards (or adjust the number depending on the BG). Factions usually don't matter unless it's extreme cases like mass PvP player migrations to certain battlegroups/servers like Blackrock horde or Alliance Tich.
    New and shiny compppppp!

15+ Year Old Account
    It honestly sounds like you dont want to put any effort into gearing yourself up an demanding to walk straight into arena.
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

Deleted

And about pve gear being used in arena, if people get some gear just to use in arena i don't see how it makes it inaccessible ? when I lvl an alt just for arena, I have to do pve just so I can get weapons, and if you are a bit unlucky on drops like me that can take ages...
    You also forget that in vanilla there was no real pvp gear like now, and also no arena. BG's used to be for geared pve people back then as I remeber.

maybe to give some suggestion ? Or i suppose blizzard always comes up with everything on their own and never took anything players said into consideration.
    Well, they can just keep getting roflstomped if they're not going to put the very little effort that's needed to even things up in arena. Honestly, it takes around 2-3 days to get geared up nowadays. Count your stars this isn't Vanilla/TBC/early Wotlk.
    Last edited by mmoc3c51486c61; 2012-03-18 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Bad quote.

Wow I thought gear was easy to get now....this dude literally wants it handed to him for hitting the queue button.

Yeah I understand that but that's what I hate atm, tol barad isn't fun -_- afther 2 - 3 matches it's so boring... it's even worse then wg, it's just people running around in groups and zerging down other players.

The only time I had fun in TB was when i went with like 10 friends all as healers, because they just couldn't kill us, but apart from that I always found TB quite dull, I do agree with another comment that said they should rework bg's to be more fun, would solve the problem in my eyes aswell, because right now getting that pvp gear is not fun for me -_-

But I have no idea how they could make those bgs fun again, anyone got any idea's ?
    I agree, TB is the worst idea ever, even worse than IoC. To be honest I actually enjoy all the BGs except for IoC, also WSG kinda pales in comparison to TP, I don't know why... Perhaps it's just because it's so old and I've played it so much. Maybe a simple redesign would help make those old BGs a little more attractive again?