Thread: Random numbness

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Random numbness

So I suddently had this random numbness in my left hand, is slowly dissapeared and went "upwards" too the left side of my face/head, I havent been drinking anything but water today and Ive eaten my normal three meals a day.

*edit* I missed the part where it went up to your face, no idea, but that doesn't sound good.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-03-17 at 01:14 PM.

Its very common in my familly to have "nerve" problems in the lift hand, shoulder and up too the head, could it be that?

Sounds like a Heart Attack to me, probably not, but it sure does sound like it.

I had the same thing happen to me in sixth grade and my family has no history of nerve problems. Mine started in my left fingers and progressed up my entire arm up to my face as well as down to my leg. Was a long time ago, still don't know what it was, never had anything happen like it again.

id defenently go to a doctor and ask him about it cause it could be something serious and if you wait it could be too late, i dont mean to scare you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    Sounds like a Heart Attack to me, probably not, but it sure does sound like it.
    This, possibly a mild stroke, but possibly nothing. It's something I learned about in kinesiology class earlier this semester. See a doctor ASAP. You could have other problems, but hopefully it's nothing serious. In any case, you don't leave those symptoms unchecked. The most telling part of this is that it's on your left side, which is the side of the chest your heart is.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    This, possibly a mild stroke, but possibly nothing. It's something I learned about in kinesiology class earlier this semester. See a doctor ASAP. You could have other problems, but hopefully it's nothing serious. In any case, you don't leave those symptoms unchecked. The most telling part of this is that it's on your left side, which is the side of the chest your heart is.
    It could also be a problem with his right brain.

Like many here says, that sort of stuff in the left area of your upperbody should be checked. If it had been only in your hand I wouldn't have been too worried, but when it moves up to your face, that's more "I should visit the doctor material".

Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    Well, I'm still pretty young (18) and I'm pretty health, I eat alot of fruits, exercise alot and my weight is perfect for my age and size.

I've had similar symptoms when having migarines...

Deleted
    See a GP.

If you ask the internet you'll just scare yourself silly.

According to the wonder that is the internet, my chest pains were caused by 4 different types of cancer, I kid you not. Only when I went to see my GP was I told I just had Heartburn.

In short, if there is anything wrong with you that isn't blindingly obvious seek help from someone who has a fancy title and a PhD which unfortunatly isn't most of the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Desparatus View Post
    See a GP.

If you ask the internet you'll just scare yourself silly.

According to the wonder that is the internet, my chest pains were caused by 4 different types of cancer, I kid you not. Only when I went to see my GP was I told I just had Heartburn.

In short, if there is anything wrong with you that isn't blindingly obvious seek help from someone who has a fancy title and a PhD which unfortunatly isn't most of the internet.
    Its weekend at the moment and I dont exactly live near any kind of medical place.

Deleted
    Fair enough, just wait it out then and if it gets a lot worse before you can see someone then don't be afraid to seek... eh, "higher" medical help.

Good luck

Get to an emergency room. that sounds like a stroke.

Coming from a med-student, any kind of numbness in your face is not good at all, go to the doctor to get it checked out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbness in the face is alarming, I'd go to the doctor.

If they rule out all of the previously mentioned things in this thread, you may want to have them look at your back. I injured my back several years ago and have pinched nerves that cause numbness throughout my limbs now and again, stabbing pains randomly and tingling - all just related to the pinched nerves. But I've never had it happen on my face.

Best of luck, I hope you are okay.

Was it after coughing or sneezing? Sounds like hypertension to me. I used to get it when i thought i was healthy, but in reality my systolic/diastolic was through the roof. i cut back on the salts a bit and it went away. Are you often stressed? Kidney problems? Taking any hormones (steroids too)?
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

I had that while driving once. I told my friend to get ready and grab the wheel if needed. It eventually went away. The tingling in my face was crazy.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Deleted
    yeah goto doctor.

everybody is different it could prob be a number of different things, best to get checked out by the doc