Frost Mage PvP 4.3 Mass Killing Spree

Made this vid a few weeks ago and uploaded a few days ago. Just a demonstration of the damage of frost mage in a couple of bgs apologies for the lag spikes occasionally. Hope you enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRs39X93OKw

Deleted
    Can i ask why people feel the need to zoom in on ALL pvp videos? there is such a thing as bad editing

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Can i ask why people feel the need to zoom in on ALL pvp videos? there is such a thing as bad editing
    ^ Zooming gets quite annoying, I agree. If you feel the need to zoom, don't actually zoom, just copy the thing you want to zoom to and enlarge it so the viewers can still see what is happening.

Tip, or at least personal preference - put enemy name plates up (v).

Yeah and use Platebuff addon.

mages are fucking ridiculous.. and this is coming from someone that played one religiously last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankercow View Post
    mages are fucking ridiculous.. and this is coming from someone that played one religiously last season.
    I agree, They have so much control and I regularly get hit for 30k+ by some mages with 4.2k res

Quote Originally Posted by Kasmein View Post
    I agree, They have so much control and I regularly get hit for 30k+ by some mages with 4.2k res
    4.6k res here, could have more but I use Kiril. Hit by a 49k Ice Lance and then a 37k Frostbolt. 86k Shatter. Yeah. That didn't feel good.

The video was okay but nothing special I guess, I would love to see you play some RBGs or arena if you are into that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    4.6k res here, could have more but I use Kiril. Hit by a 49k Ice Lance and then a 37k Frostbolt. 86k Shatter. Yeah. That didn't feel good.
    Sorry but ice lance should never A: do more damage than a frostbolt, B: land before a frostbolt... and 49k ice lance rofl.. you need to have like 100% increased damage inc from flag debuff at that point with that resi.. though sure its possible for PvE geared mage with some tricky trinketing to get high hits.. i remember myself critting around 42k with frostbolt during 4.2 with double trinketing mastery trinkets and having full arcane raid gear on.. but that ammount of mastery is just not obtainable/viable anymore.. and the extra resi ammount just nerfs the trinkets to oblivion..

Though that all said.. ye frost mages in BG's are pretty op.. and if played well even unkillable in most situations..

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Sorry but ice lance should never A: do more damage than a frostbolt, B: land before a frostbolt... and 49k ice lance rofl.. you need to have like 100% increased damage inc from flag debuff at that point with that resi.. though sure its possible for PvE geared mage with some tricky trinketing to get high hits.. i remember myself critting around 42k with frostbolt during 4.2 with double trinketing mastery trinkets and having full arcane raid gear on.. but that ammount of mastery is just not obtainable/viable anymore.. and the extra resi ammount just nerfs the trinkets to oblivion..

Though that all said.. ye frost mages in BG's are pretty op.. and if played well even unkillable in most situations..
    Need I spell it out? 8% more magic damage taken from some nearby warlock, they had berserking, I didn't have Sac up, they're a mage... Yeah. Its possible. I may have gotten the Ice Lance/Frostbolt damage switched, but...

Deleted
    Taken from video description:
    Me on my frost mage having some lulz. Enjoy! Was getting lag spikes throughout but i removed them through editing. One of them attributed to my single death. Else would've been 22-0! Enjoy
    - lol, how is that any impressive in random BGs?

I enjoyed the music though.

Well thats just cata in a nutshell... Played my mage in arena recently got a 55k mind blast 2x 25k sword death HITS... and thats w/o counting the 2 45k mind spikes i recived just before that. so 45k + 45k + 55 k + 25k + 25k = 195k in what seemed like 2-3 sec... Granted u need to stack up shizz as spriest...
    But my point is, Every class has crazy burst potential atm... maybe exept ench and warr at times...
    (peel warr when using cd's = win) for the haters.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    maybe exept ench and warr at times...
    Nah, Enhance has some pretty nasty burst if they get some gear. Same with warriors. Warriors just have to get lucky with crits and procs though.

Nah I wasn't trying to impress was more covering for the deaths. I know my editing is shite, got the sony vegas trial and was trying it out had never used those effect in my life. Think I'll probs just make vids with cuts, i admit watching back the whole quality seems kinda poor lol.

edit>death*

http://i.imgur.com/llD1s.jpg don't be jel be reem. Currently sitting at 123-0 across bgs

15+ Year Old Account
    I was really hoping this was a video of someone going on an IRL killing spree of people who play frost mages after patch 4.3 was announced.

I am dissapoint.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Well thats just cata in a nutshell... Played my mage in arena recently got a 55k mind blast 2x 25k sword death HITS... and thats w/o counting the 2 45k mind spikes i recived just before that. so 45k + 45k + 55 k + 25k + 25k = 195k in what seemed like 2-3 sec... Granted u need to stack up shizz as spriest...
    But my point is, Every class has crazy burst potential atm... maybe exept ench and warr at times...
    Locks don't have burst. In cata, I've only been hit by one lock twice for 20k. Next closest was a couple of 17ks. Average lock hit is about 8k - 10k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repo123 View Post
    Locks don't have burst. In cata, I've only been hit by one lock twice for 20k. Next closest was a couple of 17ks. Average lock hit is about 8k - 10k.
    The days of Destro being the definition of burst are definitely a distant memory, good times.