Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Official final warning, seriously guys, knock it off.

I know people are excited. But there is an NDA that you agreed to if you are in it. If you aren't, the forum rules state NOT to post NDA leaked material. I know you are all super excited about the game, but have some respect for Anet. I deleted the e-mail thread because there were so many NDA breaks in there it wasn't worth it to go through and try and sort out each individual one. I DO take this seriously and WILL continue to infract people who break the NDA or post info that breaks the NDA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I know people are excited. But there is an NDA that you agreed to if you are in it. If you aren't, the forum rules state NOT to post NDA leaked material. I know you are all super excited about the game, but have some respect for Anet. I deleted the e-mail thread because there were so many NDA breaks in there it wasn't worth it to go through and try and sort out each individual one. I DO take this seriously and WILL continue to infract people who break the NDA or post info that breaks the NDA.
    *high-fives Edge* Way to go Edge =D!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Alternative is to record their IP's/emails and give 'em to Anet - will be interesting to see if they are included in the BETA for much longer.

Kinda sad I didn't get to see this deleted thread... oh well

Edit: Oh wait nvm I'm stupid.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Hmm, I dunno I read I think 4 pages of back and forths whether the emails were legit. I didn't see anything breaking NDA. The mods on here are WAY to quick to infract people.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Hmm, I dunno I read I think 4 pages of back and forths whether the emails were legit. I didn't see anything breaking NDA. The mods on here are WAY to quick to infract people.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ALLY-going-out!

E-mails are legit. So if you say you are in or post screenshots of beta DL screens ect, that's breaking the NDA. It's been in the stickies for months that breaking the NDA will get you an infraction. If people don't know by now, that's their own fault.

Deleted
    *snip* Edge is to fast.

How can you break an NDA when there's nothing to disclose because the beta is weeks away?

Deleted
    And people breaking the NDA makes me a sad dragon

Edge, maybe I'm kicking in open door, but wouldn't it have been more efficient to precede the title of this topic with "official warning" or the kind? Because right now, before opening it, It feels as if I'm opening another whine post

Quote Originally Posted by Revrant View Post
    How can you break an NDA when there's nothing to disclose because the beta is weeks away?
    Because the NDA states that you can't tell anyone if you are accepted into the beta weekend either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Edge, maybe I'm kicking in open door, but wouldn't it have been more efficient to precede the title of this topic with "official warning" or the kind? Because right now, before opening it, It feels as if I'm opening another whine post
    I'll change it to something more appropriate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revrant View Post
    Becouse by signing it you agree to not tell anyone your not even in, so by saying you are, and posting pictures of that mail, your breaing the NDA

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 05:06 PM ----------

Geez Edge... Y U SO FAST

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post

Geez Edge... Y U SO FAST
    My thoughts

@ Edge, great

Maybe you should change the title to something along the lines of "Respect the GW2 NDA", no idea what this thread is about by looking at the current title
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Because the NDA states that you can't tell anyone if you are accepted into the beta weekend either.

I'll change it to something more appropriate.
    Tbh it doesnt amke any sense at all that you cant tell anyone because when you get the email you havent signed the NDA yet...so ofc u can.

From what i've seen from leaked stuff, so ppl dont twist my words like the guy below -.-
    Last edited by mmocef07e76924; 2012-03-17 at 04:14 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobblars View Post
    Alternative is to record their IP's/emails and give 'em to Anet - will be interesting to see if they are included in the BETA for much longer.
    I actually hope there's a way to do that. People SHOULD be penalised for breaking NDA >_>

Way to go Edge, totally agree with you. No need for people to brag about them getting into beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Maybe you should change the title to something along the lines of "Respect the GW2 NDA", no idea what this thread is about by looking at the current title
    You stealin' ma ideas bro? :P Serious though, good point :P

Quote Originally Posted by Polpe View Post
    Tbh it doesnt amke any sense at all that you cant tell anyone because when you get the email you havent signed the NDA yet...so ofc u can.
    When you signed up for the beta you agreed to the NDA if you got in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    There's already a thread with that title. It's a sticky. It's been in the forum for months. If people haven't read it and can't abide by it that's their problem (which makes more problems for me -_-)

10+ Year Old Account
    The law is rather clear on the specifics - sorry, that counts as telling people you're in the beta.

I'm just glad to hear that invites go out over the next few days, which means people who ain't got in yet could possibly still get in.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

When you sign for the BETA you accepted the NDA. It's called reading and they expect you to do it when signing. You have signed that you can and will not speak about having BETA and what's in it. Those are the rules arena net made and you'll have to follow them or risk losing beta.