UK Undergraduate Dissertation Research

Hi everyone,

I'm currently studying for an undergraduate degree in Business Management at Northumbria University. My dissertation looks at how social media affects the value and ways in which brands develop and maintain marketing relationships among 18-36 year old video gaming consumers in the UK.

If you fall within that category, I'd really appreciate it if you could fill in the questionnaire below. It should take no longer than 10-15 minutes and your assistance would be of great help to me!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NB8CM9M

Thank you for your time,

Will

Deleted
    Done that for you.

Deleted
    Not to be hating, but your research question doesn't make any sense, it should either be ''how social media affects the value and ways in which brands develop and maintain marketing relationships with 18-36 year old video gaming consumers in the UK.'' or ''if 18-36 year old video gaming consumers experience that social media influence the way they see a certain brand''. Also your target population is very unclear, first off, do you mean the entire UK (england-wales-scotland-part of ireland) or just the part that is actually england? (england and UK are pretty interchangeable to most people).
    Also, how exactly do you define a video gaming consumer?
    Either you mean someone who actually buys video games, which would be a video games consumer or do you also include people who play games yet don't pay for them, those who play the games at friends places or torrent them (and therefore have limited interaction with a certain brand),?
    Also, to me the ''value'' in your research question is very unclear, what exactly do you mean by that?

I would love if you could clear up my questions for me and I hope I helped (I do this stuff for a living, I can't help it)

Firstly, thanks Rich for your questionnaire response.

And thank you for the feedback hypermode, sorry for any confusion caused! The first question you suggest is what I'm trying to get at; for me, "among" and "with" effectively hold the same meaning. Next, "UK" is taken literally, that is: England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. With regard to defining "video gaming consumer", it was not seen necessary to go quite so specific - playing video games would be the requirement, since that would also incorporate people that buy them too. Finally, "value" is just about the importance and consequential role social media plays in this context.

I hope that went at least some way to answering your questions and thanks again for your comments!

Also, bump for more responses please!
    Last edited by will7; 2012-03-17 at 08:21 PM.