Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of Einstein. He worked a medial job at the post office or something and allowed his mind to think of the problems he faced in his real work better than normally. I learned that from the Big Bang Theory! YAY FOR TELEVISION!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkchickens View Post
    Reminds me of Einstein. He worked a medial job at the post office or something and allowed his mind to think of the problems he faced in his real work better than normally. I learned that from the Big Bang Theory! YAY FOR TELEVISION!
    He worked in a patent office. And he did that so he could take his mind off of the current scientific problem and let his subconscious deal with it. and it worked.

of course, this also led to a lot of speculation that he just ripped off other people's works while he was in the patent office. so either he's a genius, or he's a thief.

You're special thats all that matters

Quote Originally Posted by Demonakat View Post
    Pretty much. It basically spews out common sense, like the majority of studies I've seen recently. They just take random common sense and do a study about it and prove it to be true.

"Water does not PREVENT dehydration!" "If you have a wandering mind and can still do what you're supposed to be doing with no problem, you're smart!" "Eating 7 meals a day does NOT help you lose weight!"
    It's like .... DUH DUH AND DUH AGAIN!
    You have to think about it outside the box. These studies like this are commissioned and carried out by people who are unsure of whether or not it's true. I could say "duh" to the overall statement because I understand what they are saying. I know some people here are talking ADD and this is not what the study is suggesting. People with ADD get distracted and have difficulty completing the task at hand. When I was in elementary school I had a real bitch of a second grade teacher who recommended me for ADD testing. I didn't have ADD but my memory is as sharp as a tack and can let my mind wander or stay completely clear and still complete tasks with ease and I don't need to think about what I am doing.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    You have to think about it outside the box. These studies like this are commissioned and carried out by people who are unsure of whether or not it's true. I could say "duh" to the overall statement because I understand what they are saying. I know some people here are talking ADD and this is not what the study is suggesting. People with ADD get distracted and have difficulty completing the task at hand. When I was in elementary school I had a real bitch of a second grade teacher who recommended me for ADD testing. I didn't have ADD but my memory is as sharp as a tack and can let my mind wander or stay completely clear and still complete tasks with ease and I don't need to think about what I am doing.
    It still gets annoying that these studies are out there and people STILL ignore them. They're pretty much pure common sense and then a scientific study and then people still ignore it and do the complete opposite.