105 25.42%
  • 81-90%

108 26.15%
  • 91-100%

67 16.22%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You answered 24 out of 33 correctly — 72.73 %

Cant say that anyone besides the actual government can tell you even half of what the US Government knows. They keep so many secrets its rediculous.

You answered 28 out of 33 correctly — 84.85 %

Danish citizen...

10+ Year Old Account
    21 of 33 - 63.64%

I haven't taken any kind of American history or Government course since '04.

My questions to all are (especially the high scorers), how many did you guess on and how many did you actually know? Also, when was the last time you took a history/government class?
    And now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

75.76 %

What was with the questions about Socrates and Sputnik...Also the oddball ones about what Roosevelt was fighting with the supreme court over in 1933, seemed like some off topic questions.

I guessed on most Roosevelt questions. I'm not a history buff, I'm a science and philosophy buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Humungo View Post
    75.76 %

What was with the questions about Socrates and Sputnik...Also the oddball ones about what Roosevelt was fighting with the supreme court over in 1933, seemed like some off topic questions.
    One is philosophy upon which the legal system among other's rests on and the sputnik question is most likely about the person's knowledge of the Space race

You answered 17 out of 33 correctly — 51.52 %

Lol I expected it to be worse, I guessed on a LOT.

... And I'm Swedish and have no overwhelming interest in american history or political theory.

Average Americans managing only 49% is rather... Distressing...

32 out of 33 - only one I missed was where "Government of the people, for the people, by the people" came from.

It's a fairly biased quiz, though - just by taking it I could tell they were out on the Glen Beck fringe.

Quote Originally Posted by braeldiil View Post
    32 out of 33 - only one I missed was where "Government of the people, for the people, by the people" came from.

It's a fairly biased quiz, though - just by taking it I could tell they were out on the Glen Beck fringe.
    Yes i noticed that too....

10+ Year Old Account
    You answered 23 out of 33 correctly — 69.70 %

You answered 28 out of 33 correctly — 84.85 % - U.S. Citizen

If it had not been for AP U.S. History and Economics last year I probably would have gotten a 40 or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    25 out of 33, 75.76%

I went through to quickly and got two of them wrong because I clicked the wrong one though. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

10+ Year Old Account
    You answered 20 out of 33 correctly — 60.61 %

As a brazilian I think it's enough =)

Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email americancivicliteracy@isi.org.

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.

As a US Citizen some of those questions... Yeah I choose wrong thinking somone couldn't do some of the things they were saying. Like the first question... Seems like a blatant abuse of the Presidancy to say "i'm going to appoint more judges that think like me" so I didn't vote that... but I guess that was the obvious one consider how FDR felt about things. Sigh!
    All presidents do that. The SCOTUS now can be pretty easily divided up between the conservative bloc: CJ Roberts (G.W. Bush), Scalia (Reagan), Thomas (Bush), Alito (G.W. Bush) and the "liberal" bloc: Ginsburg (Clinton), Sotomayor (Obama), Breyer (Clinton), Kagan (Obama). Kennedy (Reagan) is either a conservative liberal or a liberal conservative, depending on your point of view.

You also have to consider there was a lot more at stake at the time during FDR's presidency. USA was undergoing its worst depression, and FDR felt that he needed strong executive ability, without being impaired, to change.
    Last edited by jaykaywhy; 2012-03-17 at 07:00 PM.

A fun little quiz, though I felt it was a bit heavy on the history/philosophy.
    27/33
    i5 2500k Powercolor HD 6950
    8gb 1600mhz RAM
    96gb Kingston SSD, 1TB Caviar Black 64mb cache
    Basic P67 motherboard
    800 watt PSU
    NZXT Phantom Case: If you think this case is ugly, you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braeldiil View Post
    Agreed, it was obvious from the content and wording. This is the same group who published Rick Santorum's book in 2005.

I scored 30/33 despite the slant.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    28 out of 33. I am an American.
    My Rig:
    ASUS P8Z77-V LX, Intel i5 3570k @ 4.3 ghz, Hyper 212 EVO
    EVGA Geforce GTX 670 Superclocked, G-Skill Ares 8GB DDR3 1600
    Mushkin Chronos Enhanced 120 GB SSD boot/WoW/BF3 drive, Cooler Master HAF 912 Case

You answered 32 out of 33 correctly — 96.97 %

messed up on decreasing both taxes and spending during recessions: decreasing taxes and increasing spending was correct.

You answered 24 out of 33 correctly — 72.73 %

US resident since 1990, 12 years before that in Russia.
    wrong answers:

Which of the following is a policy tool of the Federal Reserve?
    What was the source of the following phrase: “Government of the people, by the people, for the people”?
    Question: In 1935 and 1936 the Supreme Court declared that important parts of the New Deal were unconstitutional. President Roosevelt responded by threatening to:
    Question: What impact did the Anti-Federalists have on the United States Constitution?
    Question: A flood-control levee (or National Defense) is considered a public good because:
    Question: The phrase that in America there should be a “wall of separation” between church and state appears in:
    Question: International trade and specialization most often lead to which of the following?
    Question: What was the main issue in the debates between Abraham Lincoln and Stephen A. Douglas in 1858?
    Question: The Puritans: