Thread: Names in GW2

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Names in GW2

Recently I tried the free trial of GW1, and was a bit sad that I HAD to use at least 2 words in my char name, since I usually use names with only 1 word (I ended up naming my char Socks in Sandals, not very RP). That made me think, do you have to use more than 1 word for your name in GW2? Cause I really dont want another Socks in Sandals incident...

You can use 1 word, I'm pretty sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    You can use 1 word, I'm pretty sure.
    Nope. Chuck Testa

Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgarlaw View Post
    Nope. Chuck Testa
    In GW2, yes, you can.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...ad-t20343.html
    Quote Originally Posted by GW2Guru FAQ
    Can I have a one word name?
    Yes.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-03-17 at 10:39 PM.

Yeah you can. Seen it done in various videos.
    "The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." - Aristotle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    In GW2, yes, you can.
    Indeed, seen it in a lot of press beta movies.

Deleted
    Fantastic, thanks

Deleted
    I've seen people with just one word in their name.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    From what I have understood about names is that there will be a central database. So one name can be taken once. So if your general name/names are fairly common internet nicks you still might not have access to it.

Deleted
    From what I have understood about names is that there will be a central database. So one name can be taken once. So if your general name/names are fairly common internet nicks you still might not have access to it.
    That won't be a problem, my names are usually quite rare (at least when I search the WoW Armory :P)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamos View Post
    That won't be a problem, my names are usually quite rare (at least when I search the WoW Armory :P)
    Haha, I thought I had picked an original name for my char in WoW. I armory'd it, 19 hits or so... Technically 18, since one of them is my neighbour and he stole my name. So there goes me being original. Although backnames add a lot of new variations.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Haha, I thought I had picked an original name for my char in WoW. I armory'd it, 19 hits or so... Technically 18, since one of them is my neighbour and he stole my name. So there goes me being original.
    18 people out of 10 million have your name, that's pretty original.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Even if you can create one word name - i highly recommend you to choose "Socks in Sandals". Since it is really nice nickname.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    18 people out of 10 million have your name, that's pretty original.
    I think that the average character per account is way more then 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I think that the average character per account is way more then 1.
    I meant players >.>
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    About 150 have my name *hopeful*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khamos View Post
    Recently I tried the free trial of GW1, and was a bit sad that I HAD to use at least 2 words in my char name, since I usually use names with only 1 word (I ended up naming my char Socks in Sandals, not very RP). That made me think, do you have to use more than 1 word for your name in GW2? Cause I really dont want another Socks in Sandals incident...
    Who *does* want a socks in sandals incident?

But as far as the point goes - you could make a surname up for yourself and use that on each of your characters...Socksinsandals Smith.

Just to ask - did you originally want SocksinSandals? Or did you go for Socks in Sandals when you discovered that you couldn't have something else?

Also...I don't think Socks in Sandals is any worse than SocksinSandals TBH...

Quote Originally Posted by Totemanic View Post
    About 150 have my name *hopeful*
    11 for me :P. *much more hopeful*
    Alts are:

Backup name: 7. I think I have a good shot of getting all my names We'll see.

Im flying solo in WoW. Im the only person with this nick. :>

Since you can jump around on servers, can two players have the same name in the game?