Thread: Clearly Racist

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Clearly Racist

http://blstb.msn.com/i/1E/FCE2D973C4...65E93F54D2.jpg

While I think this is clearly racist should it be allowed?

What would you say to somebody with this on their car?

10+ Year Old Account
    So... its either very racist, or they want people to elect Obama by not changing their votes?

Maybe it means something else, like an inside joke.

I'd congratulate them on taking the correct political stance even if it is in a vulgar manner.

Quote Originally Posted by NeutralGuy View Post
    http://blstb.msn.com/i/1E/FCE2D973C4...65E93F54D2.jpg

While I think this is clearly racist should it be allowed?

What would you say to somebody with this on their car?
    It certainly has racist themes. Although, I also believe that all words have a time and a place as per their definition. Therefore, you could in theory call someone said word and it should not be considered racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    correct political stance
    Bahahahahaha!

But OT: Racist, yes. Allowed? I don't see why not. People get away with saying and doing worse.

One could argue "But what about the children?!" but I don't know, I think most kids these days see, do, and say worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilar View Post
    It certainly has racist themes. Although, I also believe that all words have a time and a place as per their definition. Therefore, you could in theory call someone said word and it should not be considered racist.
    Are you implying that this was appropriate to the context?

I would say a terrible approach to a worthwhile cause. The name-calling kind of deters from taking it seriously, which could possibly be the intention.

OMG you cant take a crap anymore without someone saying its racist! Who gives a rats ass, I hate Obama! Id vote for the crappiest republican ever before id vote for Obama. Grow up, get a life -mod snip-

Infracted: No racism please
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-03-18 at 03:37 AM.

Freedom of Speech is Freedom of Speech, yes its really crude and probably hurting the overall view of Republicans more than forcing would be Obama voters to change their minds, but he has the right to say it.

I'm not sure what you mean by "allowed". It's clearly legal speech, even though it's appallingly racist.

I'd probably key the shit out of their car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudfan36 View Post
    OMG you cant take a crap anymore without someone saying its racist! Who gives a rats ass, I hate Obama! Id vote for the crappiest republican ever before id vote for Obama. Grow up, get a life, dont Re-Nig!
    ^ can't tell if trolling... or if really stupid....

As per OP: Yes. This is racist. Should this be banned? FUCK NO. Freedom of speech is two way street. Even if you don't support something you must let them have their speech as long as it isn't trying to promote the death or hurt of another.

User infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-03-18 at 03:28 AM.

OMG you cant take a crap anymore without someone saying its racist! Who gives a rats ass, I hate Obama! Id vote for the crappiest republican ever before id vote for Obama. Grow up, get a life, dont Re-Nig!
    Oh the irony.

Oh it is the Irony, im tired of hearing idiots call shit racist. Who gives a f&%k! I damn sure dont.

10+ Year Old Account
    It reflects poorly on anyone who has applies the sticker to their bumper. There isn't any reason to be uncivil in politics or in speech in such a manner but it most certainly is legal.

To answer your first question, yes it should be allowed.
    To your second I'd suggest not saying anything to them, they choose to have it on their car thus I will choose to have little respect for their opinions as a result of their choice and my principals.

Oh it is the Irony, im tired of hearing idiots call shit racist. Who gives a f&%k! I damn sure dont.
    So calling the president a "nigger" is not racist at all?

Deleted
    the republicans will distance themselves from this, its not a vote winner

Racist maybe but as stated above. Freedom of speech runs bothways, if you start censoring this because of the undertone then what can we do in the end.
    If anything it proves that there is a market for these sort of slogans and that's what's really troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Finn mac cool View Post
    I'd probably key the shit out of their car.
    It'd be even funnier if you got caught and charged for vandalism while the owner laughs at you. Taking illegal action against something that's perfectly legal is pretty lol worthy.